Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss magical express in the Ask The Experts forums; i was wondering on average how long does it take you to get from the airport to your resort using magical express? and when i return how early does magical ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

magical express

i was wondering on average how long does it take you to get from the airport to your resort using magical express? and when i return how early does magical express have us meet up to go to the airport.

my flights are like getting to orlando at 2pm and returning i leave at like noon.

i have never used magical express so i dont know how it all goes and is it one bus her resort or does one bus stop at all the resorts?
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: magical express

Hey Chrissy!

Here's the deal with the Magical Express. First off, its at Terminal B so if you're like me and you arrive at Terminal A you'll want to head to Terminal B to get to the magical express. I seem to always forget that in my excitement and end up wandering around the airport for awhile.

Once you get to the desk, they will take the booklet you were sent in the mail and you'll get in line by resort. There are LOTS of buses but you should still expect to wait for a bit, I think the longest I ever waited for a bus was about 25 minutes. Each bus goes to about 3 or 4 resorts so depending on which resort you are staying at you could be the first drop off or the last. Remember that they will get your luggage for you so you don't need to worry about going to baggage claim. Be sure to put those yellow bag tags on all the bags you check. They will also take it to your room but that might take a couple hours so anything you might need upon arrival you'll want to take on the plane with you.

As for leaving (which no one wants to think about), some resorts will let you check in for your flight and print your boarding passes at the desk. We did that at Wilderness Lodge on our last trip and it was fantastic! Regardless of whether that service is offered or not, just check with the front desk or call the Magical Express number (on your booklet) from your hotel room and reserve a time. The buses run pretty regularly during the day, if you have a noon departure then you'll probably want to be on the bus by 9:00 because, again, it may make more stops at other resorts before heading to the airport. If you have an early flight, or need to get to the airport at an ungodly early time (like we usually do) you just need to call the number and let them know and they will send a bus for you. Sometimes we are the only ones on the bus when we do that.

It takes about 30-45 minutes to get from the airport to your resort so oount on that amount of time for your return trip as well.

You will LOVE the magical express, I hope I didnt make it sound confusing because it is actually very very simple. My fiance calls it the "Mickey Bus" and its one of his absolute favorite parts of the whole trip. He's strange, but I love him. LOL
    Last edited by babyladykatie; 08-10-2010 at 10:23 AM.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Hey Chrissy,
    Last September we used magical express for our second time. We landed at about 11:10, we were in the first row of our southwest flight--nobody else wanted to keep all their carryon stuff in the overhead---and headed right to magical express. This time there was even a line for them to check our ME packet. You should have seen the lines, OMG! I thought we were in for quite a wait. We only waited a few minutes until we were on our way to a bus. We were staying at POR and only shared the bus with FQ. We arrived at POR and in our room by noon. Don't forget to use online check-in; boy was that fast because at noon there was a long line for check-in. We were in the magic kingdom by 1 pm. They seem to be really effeicient with moving the lines at the airport. As fast as a bus left another one was taking its place to load more guests. I wonder what percentage of guests use ME and don't bother with a rental or other transportation. Have a great trip, Dave.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I agree with what everyone has said so far. It took my family about 45 minutes to get to our resort on ME and we were the last stop. On the way home they picked us up 3 hours before our flight left and that seemed to be just the right amount of time for us.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

They do break you off by resort. Sometimes you luck out with short lines, other times you're not so lucky. Heading back, you don't have much say in pick-up time. They will get you around three hours or so before your flight, which gives Disney plenty of headroom for your check-in and trip through security.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

great.. im glad to hear it all moves pretty quickly.. i was scared it would take me 2-3 hours to make it through the everything and finally get checked in.
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    great.. im glad to hear it all moves pretty quickly.. i was scared it would take me 2-3 hours to make it through the everything and finally get checked in.
    No, that would be the 3+ hour trip back between the resort and the plane.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

i wish i was leaving later in the day.. but... it would cost me $75 plus the difference per person.. so oh well...lol
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

They have a great in-bus movie and it gets you uber excited for your Disney Holiday - my Disney holiday always starts properly in the Magical Express bus.

You can also collect pins of each of the coaches too - last time I got a free pin on arrival of the Magical Express bus (a voucher was included in my tickets)

Magical Express is brilliant, I wish all transfer services were so reliable, comfortable and helpful. Have no worries
    Kungaloosh!!

i cant wait!!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Vadania View Post
    They have a great in-bus movie and it gets you uber excited for your Disney Holiday - my Disney holiday always starts properly in the Magical Express bus.

You can also collect pins of each of the coaches too - last time I got a free pin on arrival of the Magical Express bus (a voucher was included in my tickets)

Magical Express is brilliant, I wish all transfer services were so reliable, comfortable and helpful. Have no worries
    yes but the video going home makes you feel depressed about leaving...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

GoofyRulez is offline D-Ticket Holder

Magical Express is your magical ride to your magical experience.
    Goofy Rulez

D23 Member Since September 2010

Walt Disney's
    Carolwood Pacific Railroad
    Member Since March 2011

June,1978-First Time-Off Property
    April,1994-My 24th Birthday-1 Day Trip
    Nov,1995-1 Day trip
    Aug,1997-1 Day Trip
    Sept,1998-Our Disneymoon-All Star Music
    June,2003-1 Day Trip
    Aug,2010-Caribbean Beach Resort
    Aug,2012-All Star Movie

what happens on the return video ??
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

it shows you what youve just experienced and how to book another vacation if my memory serves me... just what you want... "and heres what you just left... as if your not depressed enough because your leaving..."
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

luvsdisney24 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    what happens on the return video ??
    It's the most depressing thing EVER!!! It makes you want to jump out of the bus (while it's driving down the interstate) and run right back to disney property! LOL

Honestly, it's a pretty cool video. It show cases all the wonderful things there are to still do with and at Disney World...so you can start planning your next trip before you're on the plane ride home from the first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast