Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Any Ticket Issues?? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi All, My hubbie told me he'd heard of people having issues with their all-in-one ticket - room/park entry/Dinning Plan card. He has heard that people have had problems entering ...
    Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

Any Ticket Issues??

Hi All,

My hubbie told me he'd heard of people having issues with their all-in-one ticket - room/park entry/Dinning Plan card.

He has heard that people have had problems entering the park because the cards aren't programmed properly and they've have to make the trip back to the resort hotel to get it sorted.

My last visit the room and park tickets were seperate.

I'm really worried it will happen and was wondering if anyone has experienced any issues or can put my mind at ease??

The first morning I've an ADR for Crystal Palace an hour before park opening and don't want anything like this to stop the fun or ruin my Honeymoon.
    Kungaloosh!!

bethinthesun is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Any Ticket Issues??

never had any problems- 10 trips-always have combined room key/ticket
    You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas.

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

The last trip we used the all-in-one key was much better than when we used separate keys. We had been told by numerous cast members that the plain park tickets (the paper ones) tend to need to be replaced tons of times, while the all in one (which are like credit card material) work very well.

I hope everything works out and that you have a wonderful honeymoon. That is where we went for ours and it was better than I could have ever imagined. Make sure you get the "just married" buttons! They work.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Sure hope it is not a real problem and have a wonderful honeymoon.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Been there, done that...

Luckily the Guest Services at AK was able to assist and we got into the park.

However, a Key To the World Card should be treated as it if were an invalid... It should NEVER be allowed to come in conact with another credit card, your cell phone etc.... If you treat it VERY carefully you MIGHT get lucky and it will work throughout your stay! (Why is this? Right now my hotel key is rolling around in the bottom of my purse with my TWO cell phones and thousands of other things... And it will WORK when I get to the hotel ) What a concept!

For this reason I do NOT put my tickets on my KTTW card and really hope they never move to this "technology" for Annual Passes! I have never had a problem with the "paper" annual pass and if you do, you just walk to Guest Services and get a new one! Much easier then standing in line at a resort for them to try AGAIN to fix the KTTW card!

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    Been there, done that...

However, a Key To the World Card should be treated as it if were an invalid... It should NEVER be allowed to come in conact with another credit card, your cell phone etc.... If you treat it VERY carefully you MIGHT get lucky and it will work throughout your stay! (Why is this? Right now my hotel key is rolling around in the bottom of my purse with my TWO cell phones and thousands of other things... And it will WORK when I get to the hotel ) What a concept!

For this reason I do NOT put my tickets on my KTTW card and really hope they never move to this "technology" for Annual Passes! I have never had a problem with the "paper" annual pass and if you do, you just walk to Guest Services and get a new one! Much easier then standing in line at a resort for them to try AGAIN to fix the KTTW card!

I always keep my tickets in my purse, they each have its own slot. As I'm on holiday in over-seas climes I never bring all the many cards I've got doubled into each card slot and again as I'm on holiday my cell phone stays in the hotel room switched off. Hopefully this will mean it's ok...
    Kungaloosh!!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Anecdotally from several CMs I know, they say that they actually have fewer problems with the "paper" (not really - it's Tyvek, a really tough and durable material - they wrap houses in the stuff as a moisture barrier) than with the plastic cards. Numerically, there may be "greater" problems with the Tyvek tickets because they are a large percentage of the overall daily ticket use.

I have not heard of any mysterious increase in ticket problems of any type recently.

What I DO know is that if you have the dining plan and plan on upgrading your ticket to an annual pass, you should get the ticket entitlements separated from the KTTW card at the resort(*) and upgrade it separately at a ticket booth. If you upgrade a ticket entitlement on a KTTW card at a ticket booth, there is the possibility of your DDP credits getting messed up, although I believe steps have been taken to correct that.

* Finding a resort concierge that will actually do this is reportedly a challenge - some will claim it can't be done, although it most certainly can be. The other suggestion is to postpone the upgrade until the end of your trip, so long as its within 14 days that you first use the ticket entitlement.

Oh, and more...yes, BOTH Tyvek and plastic cards are subject to scrambling by magnetic fields, more so than typical credit cards. Credit cards are "permanently" imprinted with their magnetic signature. That information never changes, and has various error correcting codes for minor errors.

The magstripes used by Disney are rewritable - think of them more like a floppy disk (for those that remember such ancient technologies ), and this does make them slightly more fragile in that regard. Many purses that now have magnetic clasps can easily scramble them. Sometimes rubbing two magstripes together can scramble them both.

The best caution is to keep them away from magnetic fields (obviously no magnets, but keep them separated from cell phones as well), and if they must be stored with each other, make sure they all face the same way (front to back), and if you want to be a little extra cautious, give them a half-turn so the magstripes on each are on opposite ends (top, bottom, top, bottom, etc.) so there are two layers of Tyvek/plastic between each stripe.
    Last edited by doconeill; 08-11-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Kinda off topic, but for those who are concerned the the "fragility" of the Tyvek, park tickets are available in plastic form when purchased through the Disney Store.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!