Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Carrying at Disney in the Ask The Experts forums; Thanks everyone for being mostly civil about all this. From what I'm getting it will probably be ok to leave it in the hotel safe, so at least it doesn't ...
    Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Carrying at Disney

Thanks everyone for being mostly civil about all this. From what I'm getting it will probably be ok to leave it in the hotel safe, so at least it doesn't have to stay in the car, possibly be seen and get stolen.

Thanks again. I posted this on a different MB and it created a big flame war. Post ended up getting deleated and someone even e-mailed Disney, telling them everything I said on the MB (which was pretty much everything I've said here) because she was afraid we were going to go and shoot a bunch of people at DTD. :/ Its really sad that people took it to that level. Thanks for not going postal on me and realizing I was here and posting this because I want to obey the rules, and not unintentionally (let alone deliberately) break them.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Can you get robbed at 80MPH on the highway? Nope. But you can get robbed at a gas station. What about stopping at a restaurant and some loon comes in and starts shooting up the place? It's happened.
    thats why i said drive straight thru... being a person whose driven from NY to WDW on many occasions i know that there are loons out there... but ive never carried a firearm... but i respect another persons right to... especially if they are used to it... if it is necessary i say leave it in the safe... it is best kept there...

oh and btw.. i know about the flame war about the picture taking marauder... i was a part of it in my early days here... i just wanted to see if anyone remembered it... and it only took an hour for someone to remember it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flrancho View Post
    Thanks everyone for being mostly civil about all this. From what I'm getting it will probably be ok to leave it in the hotel safe, so at least it doesn't have to stay in the car, possibly be seen and get stolen.

Thanks again. I posted this on a different MB and it created a big flame war. Post ended up getting deleated and someone even e-mailed Disney, telling them everything I said on the MB (which was pretty much everything I've said here) because she was afraid we were going to go and shoot a bunch of people at DTD. :/ Its really sad that people took it to that level. Thanks for not going postal on me and realizing I was here and posting this because I want to obey the rules, and not unintentionally (let alone deliberately) break them.
    Well, this is a free nation and even if you don't agree with those who feel the need to LEGALLY carry a firearm I hope that people support it. I always find it odd that people get worked up over those who chose to LEGALLY carry. Last time I checked a real bad guy never gets a CCW permit. He will carry regardless of what the law says.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    thats why i said drive straight thru... being a person whose driven from NY to WDW on many occasions i know that there are loons out there... but ive never carried a firearm... but i respect another persons right to... especially if they are used to it... if it is necessary i say leave it in the safe... it is best kept there...

oh and btw.. i know about the flame war about the picture taking marauder... i was a part of it in my early days here... i just wanted to see if anyone remembered it... and it only took an hour for someone to remember it...
    You still have to stop and get gas right? Food? Restroom breaks? I'm glad that you respect an individual's right to carry a firearm. In today's politically charged world the respect of individual right's is often overlooked. It's actually good to have a difference of opinion on something and it not break down into an argument.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

GUNMETALSCION is offline B-Ticket Holder

better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it
    ohiodisneydad is right take it and once you get to the room put it in the safe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I carry my firearm on every vacation. It stays on me at all times EXCEPT when I am at a park. I'm a little different though, I'm covered under a Senate Bill that allows me to carry across state lines. I take mine to WDW, while it's contrary to my very core training to go unarmed, I comply with Disney's stance against weapons at the park but I do carry it at DTD and the reason behind that is DTD is open to anyone. I trust Disney to keep me and my family safe in the Parks. When I stay on Disney Property I use the in room safe they provide me. If I'm staying off property I drive to WDW and secure it in in my vehicle.
    Remind me to steer way clear of whatever compound you live on next time I'm driving through Ohio.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

my friends hubby is kind of this way.. i knew he was REALLY into guns and stuff. he was a sharp shooter in the military and stuff. but i didnt know how bad off he was until one day she told me he is armed if he takes out the garbage. LOL to each their own..

i have traveled across this great country more times than i can count.. and many times making 10+ hour trips back and forth to my mothers in texas.. and many times alone as a 20 something woman without a gun or knife or a bat.. stupid some might say.. but i know how to travel.. i stop in well light public areas.. never at a rest stop.. i am aware of the people around me.

and still today i travel alone.. i agree their are bad people out there and bad things happen.. but they are looking for the silly single people who stop at a rest stop or in a place that they can get you alone or what not.

my chances of getting robbed are the same on the road as they would be in my home i would say..

i have lived in dallas, outside of atlanta.. and no i live in the country.. i live my life the same everywhere and it doesnt include a gun in my day to day life..

i do have a rilfe in my house now.. but thats because my neighbor has a crazy dog.. and we do take a pistol when we go camping because of animals
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Everyone keeps talkin' about leavin' the gun in the car, and it bein' seen and stolen, like it's gonna' be left on the dash or front seat or somethin'. I know what folks probably mean, like when the car gets broken into and it'll be found in the glove box or under the seat in the ensuing rumaging. But, I have yet hear anyone mention lockin' it in the trunk. Then again, how many vehicles even have trunks anymore, with all the trucks, SUV's and hatchbacks out there? Better option if your vehicle has one, though.

We have concealed carry (who'd a' thunk, right?) here in Texas. Do I carry? Maybe I do, maybe I don't. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I'm obeyin' ALL the laws and rules, it's my business.
    All the O.K. Corral shootouts that were predicted 'cause of such laws have yet to happen. Responsible, law-abiding folks that get a permit are just that...responsible and law-abiding.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Last time I checked a real bad guy never gets a CCW permit. He will carry regardless of what the law says.
    I just said the same thing the other day. People with CCW's probably make up less than 10% of people charged with shooting crimes. (I am totally guessing that number)If someone wants a gun to kill someone they will find one and they are not going to get a CCW before they use it.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Remind me to steer way clear of whatever compound you live on next time I'm driving through Ohio.
    This is what I mean by flaming Supernova. Why do I have to live on a compound? I happen to be a police officer who is LEGALLY allowed to carry a firearm wherever I go. I train with it and I am competent in carrying it. I'm also a state certified EMT so I really take offense at your comment. I happen to be a professional. I don't believe in black helicopters and chemtrails.

If you are that close minded feel free to avoid my "compound."
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

This is a Disney board. It's all fun and games. Let's lighten up a little and take humor as it is presented.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I can take a joke as well as the next guy and you never hinted that it was humor. You mention compound to me and I think Ruby Ridge or Waco, Texas and that insinuates to me that you see me as a whacko. A little smiley emote or a little j/k goes a long way.

No sweat man, I'm content. Faith, trust and pixie dust.

You got it.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i missed some fireworks today...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast