Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Park and ride/walk? in the Ask The Experts forums; I am planning a trip to WDW in 2011 with my wife and daughter. It will be their first time to WDW and my first trip back since 1999! My ...
    BeachClub2011 is offline A-Ticket holder

Park and ride/walk?

I am planning a trip to WDW in 2011 with my wife and daughter. It will be their first time to WDW and my first trip back since 1999! My question is this: If we eat breakfast and Chef Mickey's can we leave the car parked at the Contemporary and walk to MK? Also, can we eat dinner at 1900 Park Fare, leave the car parked again, and catch the monorail to MK? I am aware that we can just take the buses to and from the resorts but my wife tends to stress about public transportation and I want her to have the best experience possible!! Thanks!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Park and ride/walk?

I don't think you can unless you are staying at that resort, but I may be wrong. I know they will let you stay there while eating breakfast but I don't think you can stay parked there while in the parks.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Quote Originally Posted by BeachClub2011 View Post
    I am planning a trip to WDW in 2011 with my wife and daughter. It will be their first time to WDW and my first trip back since 1999! My question is this: If we eat breakfast and Chef Mickey's can we leave the car parked at the Contemporary and walk to MK? Also, can we eat dinner at 1900 Park Fare, leave the car parked again, and catch the monorail to MK? I am aware that we can just take the buses to and from the resorts but my wife tends to stress about public transportation and I want her to have the best experience possible!! Thanks!
    Sorry, you are not allowed to do this at any of the resorts near the MK.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You are suppossed to move your vehicle afte your meal.

So what would be the best option to save time?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

So what would be the best option to save time?
    Is there any particular reason you don't want to park at TTC and take the monorail to the respective resorts? I know parking is steep. You didn't say where you were staying, but I believe if you stay anywhere on-property you get free parking at the theme parks. Or is it just a time-saving issue?

Parking at TTC and taking the monorail to the resorts for meals would not be as quick as driving directly to the resorts, but I think it would beat the bus.

We are staying at the Beach Club so parking costs aren't an issue. My concerns are more time oriented. How early does the parking lot open? We are planning a 7:30 Reservation for the breakfast.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

We are staying at the Beach Club so parking costs aren't an issue. My concerns are more time oriented. How early does the parking lot open? We are planning a 7:30 Reservation for the breakfast.
    You'd be surprised how difficult that information is to find. I could find not a single bit of official information about it.

Unofficially, I've found some posts with responses on another forum, but the information ranges from old to very old:

This one is similar to what you're asking:

Chef Mickey's and parking - WDWMAGIC.COM Forums

This is a post in another thread on a slightly different topic that directly answers when TTC parking opens and when the monorail starts running (7AM for both) - but it is from 2004:

WDWMAGIC.COM Forums - View Single Post - Transportation to Chef Mickey's for breakfast

I've also seen claims that if you valet park at the resort, which costs money (don't know how much), you can stay there all day. But unfortunately I have no direct experience with any of this.

designbymk is offline B-Ticket Holder

So you are supposed to have your car parked in the resort lot just for the mealtime. Then you are expected to move along. Security will say something along the lines of two hours. Contemporary is more strict from past experience.

What I would do: park at the resort where your breakfast is (Grand or Contemp) and then after breakfast move your car to the MK lot. Whomever you are traveling with might just want to wander around the resort shops a bit while you park and just meet up at the MK turnstiles. Use the monorail—super easy from either resort.

luvsdisney24 is offline A-Ticket holder

Great advice and I agree...the best option!

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm going to have to disagree with all the answers so far.

Unless it's high season, like Easter week, Christmas week, Thanksgiving weekend, Fourth of July, etc., you will not be given any directives at all by gate security. It's their call to tell you it's a limited parking period, or not, depending on how crowded they know the lot to be. The will be especially inclined to allow you to park without restrictions if you are displaying a current parking pass from another Disney resort on your windshield.

We have never been told anything except where the parking is located, and have a nice day. There are no posted rules, the guards don't tell you parking time is limited, really, it's not an issue.

This is something that has been sort of invented by the Disney internet community over the years because if you press Disney they will state the policy but that policy is only stated if people from the internet community pointedly press them on it and it is NOT applied most of the time, and especially not to other resort guests with their resort parking pass in the window. Now at holiday periods, all bets are off. But again, the guards will tell you what they want you to do, and you should follow their lead.
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"