Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pearls in Adventureland??? in the Ask The Experts forums; Carol G., a visitor to the site, wrote to me earlier today and asked the following question: "In the earlier days of Adventure Land it seems to me there were ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Arrow Pearls in Adventureland???

Carol G., a visitor to the site, wrote to me earlier today and asked the following question:

"In the earlier days of Adventure Land it seems to me there were "pearl divers" (I think next to the Tiki Birds). Am I dreaming this? Thanks for your help."

I don't recall any pearl divers, and thought that it possibly could have been in Disneyland.

Does anyone know about or remember pearl divers? Maybe another theme park?

Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I seem to remember going somewhere that had actual pearl divers also, but I'm fairly certain it was not Disney. I want to say that it might have been one of the Busch parks, but that probably isn't right either. Most likely something like that would be found at a smaller attraction.
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I know Sea world had Pearl Divers. In 1977 when we had our first trip to WDW, we also went to Sea World and my Father got me a Pearl.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

That may also be where I'm thinking of. I know that there are still many places in several parks that have the places where you pick out your own shell and they open it in front of you revealing your pearl, but i do distinctly remember some kind of divers, women who dove into a larger tank for them at one of the parks. You may be right about it being Sea World.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    How 'bout "Weekie Wachie" (sp)... anyone else remember that?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I remember Weekie Watchie (it was recently in the news a lot as they were trying to save it from being shut down), but I never went there so I know it isn't the place I am thinking of.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The Pearl Divers are definitely at seaworld. It's called Oyster's Secret. Hope this helps. Here is a quote from the seaworld site:
    http://www.seaworld.com/seaworld/fla...rs_secret.aspx
    Shopping goes below the surface at The Waterfront's newest experience -- The Oyster's Secret pearl diving lagoon and shop. At the command of park guests, highly skilled swimmers descend the depths looking for the perfect pearl-bearing oyster.

Incredible views of this ancient Mediterranean art are available with a modern twist as onlookers can watch from underwater viewing and theater seating. A pearlsmith shop nestled alongside the lagoon will pry open oysters to pluck real, cultured pearls from inside. Guests can have their underwater treasures custom-made into beautiful pieces of jewelry by talented artisans on site.

yes, that is part of the brand new Waterfront section of SeaWorld. I believe we were trying to remember somewhere that had divers years ago, but doesn't have them anymore.

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Epcot has a program where certified divers can go diving in the Living Seas Aquarium. It's called Dive Quest. Costs about $140. Hope this helps.

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    You can also choose oysters to open at EPCOT in the Japan pavilion.

KUNGALOOSH!!!