Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss old park tickets...use or keep? in the Ask The Experts forums; a friend of mine asked me this on my FB and wanted to get some insight as I have no idea. Thanks! I have several FL tickets, some as old ...
    TaraPetar is offline A-Ticket holder

old park tickets...use or keep?

a friend of mine asked me this on my FB and wanted to get some insight as I have no idea. Thanks!

I have several FL tickets, some as old as me. Use them? Or do they hold value? I have one kids ticket that cost $14.00, now costs $66.60 for FL residents. I am planning our trip and wanted to get your thoughts.
    Feel Free to Add Me on FaceBook
    (Tara Renee Petar)

My attempt at a Disney Blog
    http://disneylovinmom2010.wordpress.com/

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: old park tickets...use or keep?

Do they mean they want to keep them as a collectors item? I have no idea if they would sell for more then what the ticket is worth. I guess he/she could check e-bay and see if there are any on there and see how much they are selling for. I have several old ones also but I am holding onto them for now only because they are all hoppers and we have not been hopping the last couple visits. The good news is as long as WDW is there they will never expire so they don't need to make an immediate decision.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't believe they confiscate the ticket upon use. If they try to take them away, you can probably ask to keep them, even if they have to blacken out the bar code or something. But overall, I wouldn't see the point of not using valid tickets.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i agree... i always been allowed to keep cards... i bought tix from the Disney Store by me and was staying at the Wilderness Lodge... i asked if they could link the tix i bought previously to my key to the world card... they did and gave me back my original tix as a "souvenir"... go figure...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I did inquire a few years ago. I too have several with a day or two left from trips gone by. I have not used them yet because the packages I've had required me to buy park tickets.

I was told at the time that I had to surrender the old ticket at guest services and that they would give me a new one. Example: My son has several child tickets left, if he turns these into guest services they will give him 3 days of Adult park hopping on a new pass. The old ones would not work in the machines they have now.

I also have tickets from opening year. They tear out of a booklet almost like stamps. Never giving those back. I believe the 2 day booklet was under $10.00.

wow... im surprised by that... theyre usually good at giving back because they know people like to keep tickets as souvenirs...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

By "surrender" they might mean you have to hand over your ticket for verification. If it was a "stamp" type ticket, I think they may need to mark the ticket in a way that you can't use it again. There might be tickets out there where it isn't feasible and it must be destroyed, but I am not aware of any.

It may also depend on the CM you get.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I also have tickets from opening year. They tear out of a booklet almost like stamps. Never giving those back. I believe the 2 day booklet was under $10.00.
    Sounds like you are talking about the Adventure Books, with the tickets that give the attractions their "Disney ratings", i.e. "E-ticket", "D-ticket", etc. The "2-day, 14 adventure" (introduced early in 1972 I think) came with 2 general admission tickets as well, for $7.50. If the general admission tickets are intact, you probably could get into at least the MK. There used to be a restriction that you could only use tickets at locations that existed at the time of issue - that is, these tickets would not get you into Epcot, etc., but with the current ticketing system where you "trade in" the old ticket for a new one with the same entitlements, they apparently don't enforce that restriction currently (may be too difficult to issue a "restricted" card).

The ride tickets aren't worth any direct value since they don't use them any more.

But I think an intact booklet could be worth a lot more as a collectors item.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Sounds like you are talking about the Adventure Books, with the tickets that give the attractions their "Disney ratings", i.e. "E-ticket", "D-ticket", etc. The "2-day, 14 adventure" (introduced early in 1972 I think) came with 2 general admission tickets as well, for $7.50. If the general admission tickets are intact, you probably could get into at least the MK. There used to be a restriction that you could only use tickets at locations that existed at the time of issue - that is, these tickets would not get you into Epcot, etc., but with the current ticketing system where you "trade in" the old ticket for a new one with the same entitlements, they apparently don't enforce that restriction currently (may be too difficult to issue a "restricted" card).

The ride tickets aren't worth any direct value since they don't use them any more.

But I think an intact booklet could be worth a lot more as a collectors item.
    Yes. And you betcha. That is why I am not letting loose of those originals. Have both adult and childrens booklets. And it is a memory of my first WDW trip and my worst WDW trip.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Wow Haunted Gabe, that's quite a collector's item you have. I would not use them or try to turn them in either.

Think_Tink is offline Fastpass Holder

Maybe they are worried that if they give you your old tickets back, a few years down the line you may try to re-use them and when they tell you they are invalid, you could try to make a stink and they would need to correct the issue for you. I'm sure people have tried tricks like this before since Disney is usually so good at customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yes. And you betcha. That is why I am not letting loose of those originals. Have both adult and childrens booklets. And it is a memory of my first WDW trip and my worst WDW trip.
    your best trip... and your worst trip...? how so...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Think_Tink View Post
    Maybe they are worried that if they give you your old tickets back, a few years down the line you may try to re-use them and when they tell you they are invalid, you could try to make a stink and they would need to correct the issue for you. I'm sure people have tried tricks like this before since Disney is usually so good at customer service.
    You're right, only in my case, it's all my own fault. My family visited Universal the year it opened and most of the rides were broken. They gave us five passes to return and we never went back. I've used a few of them over the years but have two left that I can't remember if I used them or if they were given back as souvenirs. I'd hate to go back to try to use them and find out they're bad tickets. As if I were trying to pull a fast one on them.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

You could try it anyway, and make a big deal about it if you're rejected.

"WHAT? You mean these AREN'T VALID!? You ruined my day twenty years ago and I've only JUST been able to bring myself to giving you another shot. And now you turn ME away?" These were never valid anyway, WERE THEY?!

Although you could well end up with a USF team-member at the turnstile that wasn't even BORN then.
    Last edited by 20K; 09-09-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    You could try it anyway, and make a big deal about it if you're rejected.

"WHAT? You mean these AREN'T VALID!? You ruined my day twenty years ago and I've only JUST been able to bring myself to giving you another shot. And now you turn ME away?" These were never valid anyway, WERE THEY?!

Although you could well end up with a USF team-member at the turnstile that wasn't even BORN then.
    or doesnt care one way or the other... never know... "yeh whatever go ahead..."
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast