Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney... for a Non-Disney Man in the Ask The Experts forums; I need your help! In November (we arrive late on the 11th and fly out the 15th in the evening) my boyfriend and I are going to Disney World. We ...
  1. #1
    JenGrandt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3

    Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    I need your help! In November (we arrive late on the 11th and fly out the 15th in the evening) my boyfriend and I are going to Disney World. We are only going to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot (for the Food & Wine Festival). I've been there more times than I can count. I am a HUGE fan of all things Disney. However my boyfriend isn't a 'Disney kind-of guy!' He has always been a trooper and gone on 'my' kind of rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan. However I've been unable to go on more 'extreme' rides because I can't handle them. He typically won't ride a ride alone though.

    During our 4 days in Disney (Epcot one day, Magic Kingdom another, and two open days), I want him to have an AMAZING time. I need help finding activities in and out of the parks for my non-Disney boyfriend. He enjoys his beer (that's the college student in him), bars, Mexican food, sports, roller coasters, Clint Eastwood, and MUSIC! I would appreciate any suggestions and help that you can provide!!!

  2. #2
    Optimus EO's Avatar
    Optimus EO is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,954

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Beer is expensive, but there is plenty of it around the World Show Case, especially during the food and wine fest. Test Track and Soarin are both good. The Mexican pavilion is a must because they have a little bare where you can get a tequila flight. Since he love music, Eat to the Beat should still be going on. I don't know who will be performing, but I know this year's line up included Boys to Me, Sugar Ray and the Cherry Poppin Daddies.


    June 7, 2011
    Alexis Thompson, 6lbs, 3ozs of pure joy!<a href="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"><img src="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timer...h85jd0300e.png" alt="magicalkingdoms.com Ticker" border="0"/></a><br> <a href="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"> <font size="-1">Free Disney Tickers</font></a>

  3. #3
    Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    145

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Quote Originally Posted by JenGrandt View Post
    I need your help! In November (we arrive late on the 11th and fly out the 15th in the evening) my boyfriend and I are going to Disney World. We are only going to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot (for the Food & Wine Festival). I've been there more times than I can count. I am a HUGE fan of all things Disney. However my boyfriend isn't a 'Disney kind-of guy!' He has always been a trooper and gone on 'my' kind of rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and Peter Pan. However I've been unable to go on more 'extreme' rides because I can't handle them. He typically won't ride a ride alone though.

    During our 4 days in Disney (Epcot one day, Magic Kingdom another, and two open days), I want him to have an AMAZING time. I need help finding activities in and out of the parks for my non-Disney boyfriend. He enjoys his beer (that's the college student in him), bars, Mexican food, sports, roller coasters, Clint Eastwood, and MUSIC! I would appreciate any suggestions and help that you can provide!!!
    I'll be camping with my family in Fort Wilderness during that time. You're welcome to stop by for a beer around the campfire. I'll even put Gran Torino on our camper's DVD player for ya!

  4. #4
    JenGrandt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Thank you so much for the ideas! I think that Tequila Bar is the BEST idea for him! We walked right past it last time and didn't even look to see what it was! Do you have any idea on the price of the flight or average costs of the drinks?

  5. #5
    Optimus EO's Avatar
    Optimus EO is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,954

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    I believe it was $18 bucks for a flight of four. Other drinks are about $5 to $10 bucks a piece.


    June 7, 2011
    Alexis Thompson, 6lbs, 3ozs of pure joy!<a href="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"><img src="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timer...h85jd0300e.png" alt="magicalkingdoms.com Ticker" border="0"/></a><br> <a href="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"> <font size="-1">Free Disney Tickers</font></a>

  6. #6
    Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    145

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    JenGrandt -- my wife and I would like to go to Jiko one night and were wondering if you and your boyfriend would have an evening free to come to our campsite and watch the kids for a few hours? They're ages 2 and 4, absolute angels. I know we don't know each other, but WDW Radio is one big family and I'm offering you this non-Disney activity to help you out.

  7. #7
    YETI27's Avatar
    YETI27 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Berlin, NJ
    Posts
    110

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    JenGrandt -- my wife and I would like to go to Jiko one night and were wondering if you and your boyfriend would have an evening free to come to our campsite and watch the kids for a few hours? They're ages 2 and 4, absolute angels. I know we don't know each other, but WDW Radio is one big family and I'm offering you this non-Disney activity to help you out.

  8. #8
    NC_WDW_Daddy's Avatar
    NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richlands, NC
    Posts
    3,335

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Agree that the tequila bar in Mexico would be nice. After Illuminations, you could head to the Boardwalk area.

  9. #9
    zippitydoodah's Avatar
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Guelph, ON
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    My boyfriend is kind of the same way... he has no interest in a lot of my favorites like the Haunted Mansion or any of the shows/parades. He'll do them for me, but def. not more than once a trip. Luckily, I enjoy thrill rides as much as him, and he LOVES the firework shows so there are things we can both enjoy.

    What I did on our last trip was promise him that we could "drink around the world" at Epcot. Well... I had a few drinks, and mostly ate around the world and HE drank. My best friend was also going so we met up with her for a bit during the Epcot day, and that helped a lot... he was actually REALLY excited to do that part of the trip and had a lot of fun. Actually, one of only two drinks I had was at the Tequilla bar, and it was a lot of fun! We both had a specialty margarita and good lord, it was NOT the same as the outside margarita bar! That was one STRONG drink!

    His very absolute favourite thing that we did the entire trip though was Jelly Rolls! Music and drinking, how can you go wrong? I highly recommend it for non-disney boyfriends haha (and I had a ton of fun too!).

  10. #10
    JenGrandt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    My boyfriend is kind of the same way... he has no interest in a lot of my favorites like the Haunted Mansion or any of the shows/parades. He'll do them for me, but def. not more than once a trip. Luckily, I enjoy thrill rides as much as him, and he LOVES the firework shows so there are things we can both enjoy.

    What I did on our last trip was promise him that we could "drink around the world" at Epcot. Well... I had a few drinks, and mostly ate around the world and HE drank. My best friend was also going so we met up with her for a bit during the Epcot day, and that helped a lot... he was actually REALLY excited to do that part of the trip and had a lot of fun. Actually, one of only two drinks I had was at the Tequilla bar, and it was a lot of fun! We both had a specialty margarita and good lord, it was NOT the same as the outside margarita bar! That was one STRONG drink!

    His very absolute favourite thing that we did the entire trip though was Jelly Rolls! Music and drinking, how can you go wrong? I highly recommend it for non-disney boyfriends haha (and I had a ton of fun too!).
    Jelly Roll? What is that?

  11. #11
    zippitydoodah's Avatar
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Guelph, ON
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Jelly Rolls is a dueling piano bar on the boardwalk! There are two piano players and they take requests... they played everything from billy joel to the beatles to lady gaga when we went haha. Its very popular and gets busy pretty quick (we went on a Wednesday during value season and it was packed QUICK) so if you go, I would suggest heading there pretty early. It's a ton of fun though! Highly recommended.. my boyfriend liked it so much that he know has made it his mission to find any dueling piano bars in any city he goes to haha

  12. #12
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Jelly Rolls is a dueling piano bar on the boardwalk! There are two piano players and they take requests... they played everything from billy joel to the beatles to lady gaga when we went haha. Its very popular and gets busy pretty quick (we went on a Wednesday during value season and it was packed QUICK) so if you go, I would suggest heading there pretty early. It's a ton of fun though! Highly recommended.. my boyfriend liked it so much that he know has made it his mission to find any dueling piano bars in any city he goes to haha
    yeh... i saw this it was awesome... definitely check this out...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  13. #13
    Optimus EO's Avatar
    Optimus EO is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,954

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Is there a cover charge to Jelly Rolls?


    June 7, 2011
    Alexis Thompson, 6lbs, 3ozs of pure joy!<a href="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"><img src="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timer...h85jd0300e.png" alt="magicalkingdoms.com Ticker" border="0"/></a><br> <a href="http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/"> <font size="-1">Free Disney Tickers</font></a>

  14. #14
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    I have never been to Jelly Rolls, or to the Boardwalk in general. Is Jelly Rolls the sort of place you can have fun at if you go alone, or would it be weird? I will be alone - my first solo trip - when I head to WDW in December.

  15. #15
    Smack81's Avatar
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    582

    Re: Disney... for a Non-Disney Man

    Hi Jen! Here are my thoughts.

    1. Does your boyfriend enjoy being on the water? My family (including my stepdad, who likes WDW ok but it's not his favorite place) rented Mouse Boats at Downtown Disney and cruised around the Sassagoula for a while. It's not cheap, but it was different and we enjoyed it. I think you can also rent Mouse Boats out of the Grand Floridian.

    2. Have you ever been parasailing? My family parasailed out of the Contemporary for the first time a few years ago and loved it. Again, it's not cheap, and it's doesn't take up much time, but if you're into that sort of thing, I think it's worth it.

    3. I highly recommend the Segway tour at Epcot. It's two hours and a total blast. I did it several years ago, and everyone in my group enjoyed it. Where else but WDW will you ever ride a Segway? It's about $100 per person, and for money, it's worth every penny, for such a unique experience.

    Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney Top Ten List
    By MandaBella in forum General Disney Trivia and Games
    Replies: 8282
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. Vault Disney Channel
    By MrBear in forum Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 03:26 PM
  3. "What Will You Celebrate?" Now Official!
    By disneyfanatic101 in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 05:55 PM
  4. HR exec to run Disney World
    By Kellie19891992 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 10:17 AM
  5. Martin (Marty) A. Sklar
    By Kellie19891992 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •