Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disneyland Podcasts in the Ask The Experts forums; I really love Lou's knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject of Disney and also really love the production value and audio in the segments. That having been said I've only ...
    ReelBigBear is offline A-Ticket holder

Disneyland Podcasts

I really love Lou's knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject of Disney and also really love the production value and audio in the segments. That having been said I've only ever been to the Land and want to keep up on their news.

What are the best Disneyland-centric podcasts?

...so far I haven't found any worth listening to.

Thanks for your help! and I have no intention to stop listening to Lou, he's great!

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Disneyland Podcasts

Quote Originally Posted by ReelBigBear View Post
    I really love Lou's knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject of Disney and also really love the production value and audio in the segments. That having been said I've only ever been to the Land and want to keep up on their news.

Thanks for your help! and I have no intention to stop listening to Lou, he's great!
    Mousetalgia is Disneyland-centric, it's free on iTunes.

I'm looking for podcast tips too. The only ones I listen to are Lou's and WDW Today. These two show balance either perfectly -- Lou being the upbeat, positive show and WDW Today taking a more critical view of things. Both shows are smart and have taught me a bunch about the WDW. Plus WDW Today has Mike Scopa on it, and he's a real treat. I enjoy his take on things.

Any suggestions for other podcasts out there?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Mike Fink, those are the two I listen to as well. Love the humor on WDW Today and Lou's in-depth looks into WDW. I have listened to a few other podcasts, but didn't care for them so I just listen to these two.

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Mike Fink, those are the two I listen to as well. Love the humor on WDW Today and Lou's in-depth looks into WDW. I have listened to a few other podcasts, but didn't care for them so I just listen to these two.
    Those two shows account for roughly 2 hours a programming / week, which fits well with my week's elliptical workouts.

It's hard for me to make time for more podcasts, but yesterday I listened to Mousetalgia for the first time and was impressed. The panel knows a lot about Disney history both inside and outside Disneyland. Good stuff.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Quote Originally Posted by ReelBigBear View Post

I'll second the mention of Mousetalgia as a great Disneyland oriented podcast, they are also the best sorce outt here I know of for reports of what's been going on at the Walt Disney Family museum, as they seem to attend many of the events held there (these folks are from the bay area themselves).

I'd also suggest at least taking a listen to The Disneyland News Today podcast (which I am a member of the recording team on)

and you may also wish to try the Disneyland Gazette, I used to record with those fellows when they were the original DLNT before they spun off from the WDWNT network.

both are Disneyland focused "news and segments" shows, perhaps one (or both!) will help fill your desire for Disneyland related content.

there are not too many other Disneyland focused audio casts out there, there is Micecast, but if you try them be aware they are not necessarily "family friendly", one of thier members Greg, does a more family Friendly Disney show, "Imagineering my Way".

Gary Chambers Mouselouge is Bi-coastal and brings in Disney content from earlier eras as well.

There are actually almost as many DL related vidcasts I know of as there are audio, Above the Firehouse, At the Main Street Cinema, Bringing Disneyland Home, and "the Big D".

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting someone and if I am I apologise.
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 10-25-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

ReelBigBear is offline A-Ticket holder

I listened to Moustalgia yesterday and it was wonderful, thank you for recommending it, guys. Luckily I am a job right now where I get to listen to my own stuff. Well, it's actually a pretty terrible job, but at least there is time to listen.

I'll be listening to the others pretty soon as well.

matt4mickey is offline A-Ticket holder

thir aloso the imagering my way and window to the majic