Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Christmas Parade in the Ask The Experts forums; sorry if its been posted before (probably many times), but I have friends who still believe the parade is live on Christmas Day. Can someone tell me the day that ...
    GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Christmas Parade

sorry if its been posted before (probably many times), but I have friends who still believe the parade is live on Christmas Day. Can someone tell me the day that its recorded, I know it's a Saturday in Dec... right?
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Christmas Parade

its usually the 1st saturday in December... i know this because we have been there while filming... and my dad was actually on tv a few times on christmas day... and we had family members calling because they saw us christmas eve and couldnt believe we were in Florida christmas day...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Glad to hear it. I'm arriving this Sunday, so hopefully by then, most of the people who showed up specifically for the parade are checking out as I'm checking in.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

yeh mike... you will miss the festivities... which is generally a good thing...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

I don't mind the festivities. It's the d@mn crowds that get on my nerves.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

well by festivities i mean the crowds... we all know Disney has festivities the entire month...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

So are you thinking it's this Saturday the 4th? I'm wondering why I haven't seen it posted anywhere?
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

they dont post it... cause if they did it would be absolutely nuts...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Actually the parade aired is filmed over several days. We were there in November a few years ago and they had T-P signs and ropes up. They stated if you don't wish to be filmed do not enter that area.

We watched the parade one year and some of the spliced in material was funny. "Curb people" all bundled up cause it was cold one day, later another spliced in segment of "curb people" in shorts and T-Shirts.

Note:

December 4–11: Pop Warner Football Championships, did that once, I'd rather deal with the parade people any day.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 12-01-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

From the Orlando Sentinel.

2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade audience registration for Walt Disney World opens
    A Mom and The Mouse, Kristin Ford — posted by kristin ford on November, 9 2010 11:42 AM
    Discuss This: Comments(34) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
    Jonas Brothers performed for a 'flash mob' in front of Cinderella Castle at the 2009 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade at Magic Kingdom. (Walt Disney World)

UPDATE: Pre-registration for tickets to be in the audience for the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade taping at Walt Disney World is now closed. As with past years, the spots filled up within hours of it being publicized today.
    Registration for the taping of the 2010 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade at Walt Disney World is now open here at the same site dedicated to Disney sports enthusiasts that was used last year.
    Guests can register to be part of the taping on Dec. 3 and 4 at the Magic Kingdom. Registration does not guarantee you will be awarded a ticket. Participants will be selected from this group and notified in a separate email how to obtain their actual tickets. Tickets include free parking and admission into the Magic Kingdom for the day; participants are asked to commit to a four-hour shift in the audience. Families may request up to 8 tickets. This is the only way for the general public to sign up to be in the audience.
    Cast members also will be invited to participate, a Disney spokesperson said.
    The celebrity talent is not announced in advance, but typically the performances in front of Cinderella Castle are taped Friday and the parade is taped Saturday. Some segments will be filmed in advance of the December dates. Lucky fans spotted Samantha Brown, the popular Travel Channel host, at Epcot over the weekend.
    A word of warning: This is an actual television production, which means that songs are sung multiple times and individual floats are sent down Main Street over and over again to get the correct camera angle. That means you most likely will spend more time waiting than viewing the events, and you shouldn’t expect to see a seamless concert or parade. Still, it can be an interesting experience.
    Read about my family’s experiences here, here and here and see videos of Jonas Brothers, Celine Dion and Steve Rushton performing at the 2009 parade taping.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

My favorite was watching one guy in the same spot but with different colored shirts on each day of taping. You could see his outfit change throughout the parade. I only knew to look for him because he had posted what he had done. Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Actually the parade aired is filmed over several days. We were there in November a few years ago and they had T-P signs and ropes up.
    Surely Disney's budget is larger than having to resort to signs and ropes made of toilet paper.