Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Visiting Resorts. in the Ask The Experts forums; Is it possible to park and then ride various modes of Disney transportation and visit all of the resorts without paying for a park ticket? Can it be done in ...
    prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Visiting Resorts.

Is it possible to park and then ride various modes of Disney transportation and visit all of the resorts without paying for a park ticket? Can it be done in a day or an afternoon? On the smaller modes of transportation, are the drivers tipped? Thanks

UrsulasShadow is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Visiting Resorts.

Because you never actually need to enter the gates of a park when transferring on Disney transportation, you can use Disney transportation without a park ticket to get from your Disney resort to a park, then transfer to another bus to go to another Disney resort. This takes a LOT of time, and really cannot be done in a day, never mind an afternoon. Transfers can take upwards of an hour each.

Disney transportation is provided free for Disney Resort Guests. Tipping is not done.

You can cover a lot of different resorts, though, if you plan well. You can see all the monorail resorts in an afternoon. You can walk to the Epcot resorts that lie around Crescent Lake. But many of the resorts are only accessible by bus (half of the moderates, all of the values). Bus and boat transfers take a bit of time.
    Last edited by UrsulasShadow; 01-03-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    Mindy

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If you're looking to visit all of the resorts in one day, I'd suggest renting a car for the day. It's relatively cheap and right on Disney property. The trouble with the buses is that, unless it's on the same route to a park, there aren't buses that run between resorts. You'll have to plan it out very carefully, otherwise you'll find youself at resorts or the TTC just to switch to a new hotel.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    If you're looking to visit all of the resorts in one day, I'd suggest renting a car for the day. It's relatively cheap and right on Disney property. The trouble with the buses is that, unless it's on the same route to a park, there aren't buses that run between resorts. You'll have to plan it out very carefully, otherwise you'll find youself at resorts or the TTC just to switch to a new hotel.
    exactly... you might take the WL bus to Epcot and go to Fort Wilderness... but the AK bus might take you right back to WL... if you are gonna do that i think starting at WL and taking it on the MGM bus will take you to Grand Floridian... then you can take the monorail to the MK reosrts... and then hop the Poly bus to say Epcot and hit the Boardwalk and such... and then take the MGM bus and walk to the studios resorts and so on and so forth... just if you do that... be prepared... TO WALK A LOT...!!!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

I one day plan to hit every resort in a day...I guess it's just going to take a lot of strategy

And as a tip, sort of...there's the blue flag boats that go from the Contemporary to Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge...they only come once every half hour, but if you time it right it could help you move around quicker
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    I one day plan to hit every resort in a day...I guess it's just going to take a lot of strategy

And as a tip, sort of...there's the blue flag boats that go from the Contemporary to Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge...they only come once every half hour, but if you time it right it could help you move around quicker
    I've done it before. But again, by car. I'm not sadistic enough to try it by Disney transportation.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

UrsulasShadow is offline E-Ticket Holder

If I were to try it, I'd probably stick with the Deluxe resorts. I mean, if you just want to peek in the lobby, glance around, and say, "Oh, nice. Next!", that's fine, and I suppose you could do it. But I would want to give a minimum of 45 minutes to an hour to each resort to look over the lobby, pools, spas, grounds, arcades, gift shops, etc, and maybe glance in the eateries as well. Why else would you do it? And considering there are 20 different resorts in Walt Disney World, with at least 7 Disney Vacation Club Villas properties...even with allowing for driving time and skipping the Disney transportation, it's just not practical.
    Mindy

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I love visiting different resorts. It's a good way to keep busy on non park days. I just can't sit at a pool all day, like my wife can. It's a good way to preview a resort you may want to stay at in the future.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

We visit different resorts every trip down. We usually spend our first day in Orlando taking different Disney transports. It's fun and we never set a destination. We play the whichever bus shows up first we get on and see where it takes us. The kids love to ride the Epcot monorail just so they can get a sneak peek of the crowds and such.
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

It is easy enough to do the monorail resorts (plus wilderness lodge, fort wilderness) in one go... and same with all the epcot resorts, easy to do in one go. The problem is how long you plan to spend in each resort, the bus transfer between the two areas (since you need to go to a park and then take a resort bus) and then the AKL is way out of the way (its a long bus ride, and again you need to transfer from the AK resort!). I think you could do at least all of these in one day (so like ursala said, just the deluxe's) but it will for sure take all day!

I usually just pick an area and do that in an evening/afternoon... so the MK ones, or the Epcot ones, or AKL. That way you can take all time you need to visit each one, and we usually plan an ADR at one of the resorts as well just to try something new

MamaMayhem is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi everybody, here's another resort visiting question.

On my upcoming trip, I plan to stay on property and would like to spend some time touring around the other resorts. I was wondering, is there parts of the resort that are off-limits? For example, am I only allowed to use my resort's pool, or would I be welcome to take a swim at another resort? Is it normal to walk around the grounds to see the architecture, or would people look at me strangely like I was going to break into the place? Are there times that would be considered unacceptable, like late at night, or does WDW operate around the clock? LOL I know I could eat in the restaurants, and I'm sure Disney wouldn't stop me from shopping in any of their shops Thankyou!!

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMayhem View Post
    Hi everybody, here's another resort visiting question.

On my upcoming trip, I plan to stay on property and would like to spend some time touring around the other resorts. I was wondering, is there parts of the resort that are off-limits? For example, am I only allowed to use my resort's pool, or would I be welcome to take a swim at another resort? Is it normal to walk around the grounds to see the architecture, or would people look at me strangely like I was going to break into the place? Are there times that would be considered unacceptable, like late at night, or does WDW operate around the clock? LOL I know I could eat in the restaurants, and I'm sure Disney wouldn't stop me from shopping in any of their shops Thankyou!!
    Everything at other resorts are free for the doing, except the pools, no pool hopping unless you're a DVC member.....but enjoying the atmosphere, gift shops, restaurants and lounges is open to everyone.....

I always drive around. I can't see taking the bus, especially since they don't link directly to other resorts. I had to stop at the Grand Floridian on my final day to buy some gingerbread for someone back home. I went to park and they told me to drive in and use the guest lot which, as it turns out, is across the street and nowhere near the lobby. I drove back in and pretended that I missed my turn, and the guard directed me again. From there, I drove up front, told the greeter that I was checking in, left the keys, bought my stuff, went back out and left. Easy. Tried parking at the Contemporary but they said that you needed a special pass for the entire month of December (I guess they're trying to cut down on the number of people walking to the MK from their lot). They wanted me to use the TTC lot and then take the monorail over to the Wave for dinner. Umm, yeah, that won't be happening.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

done it many times but as said you need your own car or a rental. then you can use their pools except the yacht club pool
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Is there an issue parking at a Disney resort say if you have dinner reservations and you're not staying on property?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast