Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Florida for the Xmas Holiday season in the Ask The Experts forums; So when would be the best time to go to experience not only the MVMCP and Osbourne lights but the other parks disney and non disney (universal and seaworld) with ...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Florida for the Xmas Holiday season

So when would be the best time to go to experience not only the MVMCP and Osbourne lights but the other parks disney and non disney (universal and seaworld) with the holiday decorations and shows etc?

Also when are dates normally announced for MVMCP and what's the best (And cheapest) resort to stay in

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Florida for the Xmas Holiday season

Your best resort will probably be Pop Century or an All Stars depending on what you like. The MVMCP schedule whould come out by late summer. At WDW, Halloween starts in September and Christmas starts the week after Halloween. The middle two weeks in December are normally a not-so-crowded time to enjoy a mid-week MVMCP.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I second early December as a good time to go to experience the Christmas season in FL
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I know they keep moving the Christmas party earlier and earlier. Use the previous years schedules as a guide. I used to like the first and second weeks of December, but they're slowly getting more and more crowded as groups/events have started booking times there. It's also a very popular time for DVC members because it's lower points at that time, so rooms (and the parks) fill up.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I know they keep moving the Christmas party earlier and earlier. Use the previous years schedules as a guide. I used to like the first and second weeks of December, but they're slowly getting more and more crowded as groups/events have started booking times there. It's also a very popular time for DVC members because it's lower points at that time, so rooms (and the parks) fill up.
    my family always went the saturday after thanksgiving... an awesome 2 week vacation... (2 weeks only because my Dad doesnt fly... we drove to Fla from NY...)
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

I'm thinking last week in Nov and First week in Dec will see how it goes though

Yeh thats about when my family usually goes... Good time to go... It's still not busy and the thanksgiving crowds have gone home already...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    my family always went the saturday after thanksgiving... an awesome 2 week vacation... (2 weeks only because my Dad doesnt fly... we drove to Fla from NY...)
    I went on the Sunday after Thanksgiving one year and it was more crowded than I expected it to be. I was hoping that parents would be less likely to keep their kids out of school that week being that they were just out for Thanksgiving and the winter break was coming up. Honestly, what's wrong with people sometimes? Get your kids in school and off the line ahead of me.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Yeh people really don't seem to value education anymore... They just like to complain about grades... "no your daughter earned a C this quarter... You remember when you went away for a week after thanksgiving...? Yeh she never made up any of the work from then...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

scottcpa is offline A-Ticket holder

I received a great pin code via email yesterday for travel at the end of 2011. We are trying to decide between the following dates: Nov 26 - Dec. 3, or Dec. 10 - Dec. 17. The week in between is not included in the offer.

Which week will be the best? We plan to stay at Wilderness Lodge and don't want to miss the Christmas decorations and events (Candlelight Processional and Storytellers in EPCOT, gingerbread houses in resorts, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, etc.).

Thank you for your help!

Scott

even if you go Nov.26- Dec. 3 you will see everything decorated for christmas... the usually film the Christmas Day parade the 1st saturday of December... Ive been there when they film it on Dec. 1st...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

FYI, as for Universal although the park was mostly decorated, the "Grinchmas" celebration didn't start until the 4th or 5th - after we were there.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

That's strange... You would think something like that would start right after thanksgiving...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney