Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Transportation between resorts in the Ask The Experts forums; On our last trip to WDW, we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and found that the travel times to the different parks were not bad at all. We will ...
    GoofyDad is offline B-Ticket Holder

Transportation between resorts

On our last trip to WDW, we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and found that the travel times to the different parks were not bad at all. We will return to WDW in September of this year, and this time we'll be staying at Coronado Springs Resort.

We plan to have breakfast one morning at "Chef Mickey's" which is located in the Contemporary Resort. After breakfast, we plan on spending that day at Epcot.

My question is this: What is the 'best' way to get from Coronado Springs to the Contemporary? I'd really like my wife and sons to enjoy a nice monorail ride (one thing we didn't do last trip), but I want to ensure we aren't late for our planned reservation which will likely be in the 8:30-9am range. Of course, we'll be taking the monorail after breakfast to get to Epcot, so any other bus/etc. will do for getting us there.

Suggestions?
    JUN 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Star Wars Weekends)
    SEP 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    MAY 2012 - Offsite single night and DHS
    DEC 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!

Re: Transportation between resorts

I would think the most direct way would be to take the bus from Coronado to the Magic Kingdom and then a short monorail ride to the Contemporary. The monorails and busses run early in the morning, but you can always check with the concierge at Coronado to see exactly how early the busses start.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'd be going to the MK too. Buses should be running full steam by then.
    When checked in, visit a bus stop and see what the current posting is for how long the intervals are between buses.

As I remember Disney staged buses from the Coronado with a bigger gap of time in between buses than POR or Caribbean did. The Coronado has many pluses but through the years their busing has been an on an off issue as it is in a few other hotels. Coming from POR we have made stops here and there to pick up guests at Coronado that were waiting too long.

If you are late for your ressie don't worry about it. When you check in at Mickey's just tell them your Disney transportation was delayed. You will be seated.

Breakfast over you can monorail right onto Epcot. A win win!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

GoofyDad is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the responses, folks. This meal will be late in our week, and hopefully we'll have a good idea of bus wait/travel time by then. Thanks also on the tip about being late for reservations if it happens, the Disney cast is really good about making things happen for you, and I'm sure this is another way for them to make someone's day.
    JUN 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Star Wars Weekends)
    SEP 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    MAY 2012 - Offsite single night and DHS
    DEC 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Take the bus to the MK and then walk the (less than) five miutes to the Contemporary. Simple.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski

In August of last year, my husband, son and I had breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Our bus driver took us directly from our hotel (All Star Movies) to the Contemporary. maybe yours will do the same. of course after breakfast we did go to Epcot.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

If you are the only ones - or nearly the only ones - on the bus, you might ask the driver to drop you off at the Contemporary. If you are early it may be possible. But it's a real short walk from the MK bus stops to CR - slightly longer than it would be to walk to the Resort Monorail stop which in the opposite direction, and then you may have to wait for that...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news