Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Mickey All Over? in the Ask The Experts forums; So what's up with the new additions of Mickey appearances everywhere? I keep reading on WDW News Today about these new character spots that are specifically for Mickey. He's all ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Mickey All Over?

So what's up with the new additions of Mickey appearances everywhere? I keep reading on WDW News Today about these new character spots that are specifically for Mickey. He's all over MK and even Epcot now. Not that I'm complaining but was there some sort of guest survey that said people wanted more Mickey?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: Mickey All Over?

I think he's working over-time because of personal debt issues

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My understanding is that when Mickey moves into his new home Mickey will disappear around the park. Multiple Mickey's so the queues don't go over the capacity of that area.

I know when my kids were small the big tent had little doors you'd go through to meet and greet Mickey. In the fall one year I was able to spy 3 Mickey's working the Big Tent behind the doors.

Wonder if they will do the same thing in the new Mickey home. I don't put stock in Disney's "guest" surveys any longer. It seems anytime a change that is made that is not popular Disney sights "guest request/complaint".

Best one I ever saw was the change to the Dining Plan. No appetiser, no tip included. Guests want to decide their own tip and guests say to much food. Dropped price $l.00 for one year. Guest request, ha!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't put stock in Disney's "guest" surveys any longer. It seems anytime a change that is made that is not popular Disney sights "guest request/complaint".
    LOL! That's EXACTLY why I was asking... because I'd never really seen something like this happen and thought maybe for once they were answering the throngs of parents who said "We really wanted to meet Mickey but didn't want to stand in line for 2 hours."
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

20k, love your comment and agree wholeheartedly with you Haunted Gabe. I can't remember the last time I took a survey and asked for an increase in price and less for it.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Wasn't there an unwritten rule saying that Mickey could not appear in more than one place at the same given time?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Thinking they are breaking a lot of Cardinal Rules lately. They have been doing multiple Mickey's for at least 20 years in the Magic Kingdom. But you had to look very carefully to actually see that happen.

As a stock holder, (itty bitty one) I wish they would revert to the old way of doing business, bang for the buck, keeping the magic and quality. The dollars would follow. Skip the chicken strip swap for a chicken nugget and telling us it is an upgrade 'cause there are more.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Thinking they are breaking a lot of Cardinal Rules lately. They have been doing multiple Mickey's for at least 20 years in the Magic Kingdom. But you had to look very carefully to actually see that happen.

As a stock holder, (itty bitty one) I wish they would revert to the old way of doing business, bang for the buck, keeping the magic and quality. The dollars would follow. Skip the chicken strip swap for a chicken nugget and telling us it is an upgrade 'cause there are more.
    I think you hit the key point here Gabe, before although there was only one "place" to meet Mickey in the Magic Kingdom Mickey had multiple "dressing Rooms", so to make up for those multiple rooms going away they had to set Mickeys new meeting places at various points around the park, enough of them to make up for that lost capacity in the multiple rooms he had before, it's a good thing that Mickey is a very high energy mouse and that he put all those mouse holes (utilidoors) around the park when he had it built, that way he can get form place to place VERY quickly!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards