Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Dining Plan questions. in the Ask The Experts forums; I am taking my daughter to WDW for a 3 nights and 4 days, two of which will be in the parks. So basically Thursday and Sunday will be travel ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Dining Plan questions.

I am taking my daughter to WDW for a 3 nights and 4 days, two of which will be in the parks. So basically Thursday and Sunday will be travel days and hanging out in the resort and Friday and Saturday will be park days. We usually rent a vacation villa and this will be the first time I stay on property (Pop Century) in more than seven years, so a lot of this is new to me.

OK, two questions:

1. Would it be worth it to purchase the dining plan if we're only going to be in the parks for 2 days and the other two days will not be full days?

2. We already have our tickets, they are not part of a package, so can we even buy the dining plan option? Can we just add the dining plan to our room reservation? Or do we need to buy an entire package that includes tickets?

Thanks for any advice you can give me. I LOVE planning WDW trips!!!

tmgsjv is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Dining Plan questions.

The DDP is a great option, you will recieve a number of credits equal to the number of NIGHTS that your stay is. It is a great opportunity, especially during short visits, to indulge and try more expensive menu items and answer to your sweet tooth.

The DDP can be added onto room only reservations for Annual Passholders only I believe, but double check to be sure. If you are an Annual Passholder it is important to take a look at the Tables in Wonderland card and weigh its savings versus the DDP. Good Luck and I know you'll enjoy your vacation either way.
    -TMGSJV
    August 2008 - SSR
    September 2009 - All Star Movies
    November 2009 - AKL Kidani Village
    March 2010 - FWC / Boardwalk Villas
    August 2010 - BLT
    March 2011 - AKL Jambo / BLT
    May 2011 - AKL Kidani / POFQ
    August 2011 - Boardwalk Villas