Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Brazillian Tour Groups? in the Ask The Experts forums; Does anyone know when these groups usually are at Disney? I have heard spring and fall, but now I heard that they will be there during the whole summer, and ...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Brazillian Tour Groups?

Does anyone know when these groups usually are at Disney? I have heard spring and fall, but now I heard that they will be there during the whole summer, and especially August.

I really dont want to worry about the large groups on my upcoming trip! although, previously when i have seen them i didnt have too much interaction. ive just heard really bad stories.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Re: Brazillian Tour Groups?

Anytime, Anyplace, you are sure to see their bright shirts and smiling faces. Elephante, yay!!!!

Sorry, just had a scary flashback . . .

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

The groups are most prevalent during our winter (their summer break). There aren't nearly as many large tour groups as there used to be, and the groups have become smaller. With the internet to research trips and a booming economy in Brazil, there isn't as much incentive to go with a group now.

Marathon weekend it seems.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by johnatthebar View Post
    There aren't nearly as many large tour groups as there used to be, and the groups have become smaller.

I agree.

The darkest days seem to be behind us; they must have found somewhere else to ruin with their queue-cutting, their ridiculous flags and their awful manners.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We have battled them in July and October. Nothing like a flag being raised in front of you in a line and suddenly 100+ people jump in front of you.

dshortt is offline A-Ticket holder

My family has been at WDW on many trips when the tour groups have been there and we really haven't had any problems with them. Generally speaking, they seem to be typical teenagers (though often dressed cleaner and with better manners than our american version). I and my family have had more complaints about smokers lighting up wherever they choose or parents letting their small children run free (to jump in line) than we have ever had about tour groups. The key to happiness around the tour groups that we have found is two things: 1) head in different directions than the group; and, 2) use Fastpass!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by dshortt View Post
    My family has been at WDW on many trips when the tour groups have been there and we really haven't had any problems with them. Generally speaking, they seem to be typical teenagers (though often dressed cleaner and with better manners than our american version).
    I have to agree on this one. I've actually found the cheerleader sports team crowds to be more irritating thatn the Brazillian tour groups. The cheerleaders just can seem to figur eout that their cheersa re pretty irritating whne youa re trying to listen to a pre-show spiel. The Btter Half and I were subjected to a bunch during the pre-show at the haunted Mansion. Leave the cheers to the competitions
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

That's simple; you just tell them to ra-ra-ra-shut-the-heck-up.

Preferrably while looking as big as possible, even if that means standing on your toes with outstretched arms ("come at me, bro"). Military tattoos and reflective sunglasses an added bonus if applicable. Weapons frowned upon.

- Walt Disney

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Whenever I go in June they are there. That is their Winter Break. I think it's something where you just can't avoid them.

They have definitely gotten better than it was in the past.

I remember one time, I was about 6, I was crying because there was a line and I had to use the restroom badly. We were the next in line and a group of about 15 came in and butted in front of my mom and I. I barely made it into the restroom when they came out. This was about 18 yrs ago though.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Quote Originally Posted by dshortt View Post
    My family has been at WDW on many trips when the tour groups have been there and we really haven't had any problems with them. Generally speaking, they seem to be typical teenagers (though often dressed cleaner and with better manners than our american version). I and my family have had more complaints about smokers lighting up wherever they choose or parents letting their small children run free (to jump in line) than we have ever had about tour groups. The key to happiness around the tour groups that we have found is two things: 1) head in different directions than the group; and, 2) use Fastpass!

Cosigned.

It seems like a handful of bad experiences in the 80's propagated a pretty unfriendly and unaccepting stereotype. It's unfortunately human nature to associated a larger group with the actions of an isolated number of their affiliates, we all do it, I do it. We've all met nice, rude,Toodles. indifferent, strange, normal, smelly, clean, outgoing, and introverted people in the parks - regardless of their origins. Having lived in SoFla all my life and being pretty well traveled, I've been around many different people, including many Brazilians, and having been with my Brazilian s/o for five and a half years, I have generally found Brazilians to be generally pleasant, and yes, often better mannered that some of their American counterparts.

Now, ask me if I want to find myself in back of any large group waiting in a line and obviously, I don't. That being said, be nice to our neighbors to the south with the booming economy and world respect - they bring a lot of cash to us Floridians ;-)

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

January is a big month for Brazil and South America in general. It's their summer, and many people take time off after Christmas to travel. The prices and availability are good in January, so it's very attractive for them.

I don't see rudeness issues with other South Americans, but a general characteristic I have found with South Americans, Brazilians included -- they're night owls. They take full advantage of evening EMH, even if there are small children in their party. Not morning people.

Another general characteristic, a charming one, is South Americans' sincerity. I attended Country Bears with a group of South Americans and they laughed a lot, genuine laughs. They really get into the shows and take them at face value. It's like being with a 1971 audience. They're not jaded.

I find American audiences tend not to react much to shows, perhaps because they've seen them so many times. Ever ride Jungle Cruise with Americans? They just sit there in a stupor and don't react to the jokes or sites at all. Go with a boatload of Brazilians and you'll see people getting excited, pointing out things to their kids, listening closely to the boat captain and laughing. It's refreshing.

Smile Re: Brazillian Tour Groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    I find American audiences tend not to react much to shows, perhaps because they've seen them so many times. Ever ride Jungle Cruise with Americans? They just sit there in a stupor and don't react to the jokes or sites at all. Go with a boatload of Brazilians and you'll see people getting excited, pointing out things to their kids, listening closely to the boat captain and laughing. It's refreshing.
    Absolutely!

I was actually contemplating the usefulness of a boat or two running with a Spanish and/or Portuguese skipper. In Hong Kong they do this in English, Mandarin and Cantonese if I recall correctly.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Just was curious about when they usually visit.

Sarah...I think I read a story either on these boards or DIS boards about that same story that happened to you! That is terrible! If that was me, and I had my dd with me next in line, I am sorry, it's our turn and I would fight to get her in the bathroom, cause usually when she has to go she has to go within a few minutes...kids cant hold it the same way older people can.

from what I understand, the cheer groups shouldn't be a problem either in August! Just the unbearable Florida dry heat! haha
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

I screamed at some teenager at Blizzard Beach in 2003 or 2004 for cutting in line.

Proud.

- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast