Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Can You Overpay? in the Ask The Experts forums; Y'know with how many trips I've made... I still always have a lot of questions huh? LOL! Ok so how about this one... can you "overpay" for your trip to ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Can You Overpay?

Y'know with how many trips I've made... I still always have a lot of questions huh? LOL!

Ok so how about this one... can you "overpay" for your trip to have a credit on your room?

For example: Total trip cost = $1000 - Can I submit a payment of $1500 to have a $500 credit on my room to spend?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

eeyore1974 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Can You Overpay?

I wouldn't call myself a Disney expert (at least not by the standards set by others on these boards), but I had asked this question to the WDW Travel Company when we made our last reservation. You cannot pay extra on a package reservation. However, you can pay extra on a room-only reservation.

April 2001 - All Star Movies
    September 2002 - All Star Music
    May 2004 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - All Star Movies
    October 2008 - Pop Century (1 night solo tour)
    June 2010 - Pop Century

Hope to be taking a Cruise on Disney Magic in 2012...fingers crossed.

Well that's kinda stupid. My room is part of my package after all. See to me, using your key to the world card can be done like a credit card if they'd let you do that. I'd spend every penny. Hrmf!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I am about 90% certain that at check-in at least you CAN prepay for future charges. They can either cap it at that amount, or link a credit card to cover overages, but that can also be capped.

I know people who for various reasons end up with a bunch of Disney gift cards, and rather than carry them all around and use them, they put them all on the room in advance.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I know people who for various reasons end up with a bunch of Disney gift cards, and rather than carry them all around and use them, they put them all on the room in advance.
    Y'know that's actually a fantastic idea. I think I may just do that (take the spending money and put it on a gift card).

eeyore1974 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Our package last year came with a gift card and it was awesome to know we already had that chunk of money set aside for souvenirs.

April 2001 - All Star Movies
    September 2002 - All Star Music
    May 2004 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - All Star Movies
    October 2008 - Pop Century (1 night solo tour)
    June 2010 - Pop Century

Hope to be taking a Cruise on Disney Magic in 2012...fingers crossed.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

WHen you check in, you can put a Card down and have it placed on your Key! Last year I put down a certain amount and I used my key to th ekingdom card as my credit card for all meals. It was great and it made it easier so I don't have to carry around tons of cards and cash
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    WHen you check in, you can put a Card down and have it placed on your Key! Last year I put down a certain amount and I used my key to th ekingdom card as my credit card for all meals. It was great and it made it easier so I don't have to carry around tons of cards and cash
    Oh yeah we do that every year. Just, see I have the money NOW for the trip in 4 months and I'm afraid if I don't sink it in somewhere for Disney, it'll get spent on other stuff.

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Y'know that's actually a fantastic idea. I think I may just do that (take the spending money and put it on a gift card).
    I bet this would be great to put money on a card, give one to each of my daughters, and have them monitor their spending this year! In the past, they have gone wild (and I admit I could not help it either ). They are old enough now to decide what they truly want and what is just a whim!

I just love this board! Great ideas!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Can You Overpay?
    Yes, it's called "booking a vacation at WDW".
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

I spent way to much when i used my room key as a credit card , dont do it lol
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I am about 90% certain that at check-in at least you CAN prepay for future charges. They can either cap it at that amount, or link a credit card to cover overages, but that can also be capped.

im almost100% sure doc is right... it makes it a bit easier to shop on a budget... but remember... Disney doesnt want you to have a budget
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Well we went with the gift card option. It was a perfect way to take some of the money we had saved up and officially make it for Disney use only (without the potential of us going to it for something else, saying we'll replenish the savings account, and never doing it).

That said however, we're also associating our credit card with our room key like we always do. The 'rest' of our spending money will be sitting in our checking account at the time we leave so it's just easiest. Plus most of that portion is for the gas to drive there and back!