Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Driving Shortcut? in the Ask The Experts forums; I like just leaving early. It seems to be the easiest option....
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Driving Shortcut?

I like just leaving early. It seems to be the easiest option.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BoardWalkLuv View Post
    uhm the ferry line is just as long as the monorail. The monorail line actually moves faster than it looks.
    Once the ferry arrives...it handles most of what's in line. They handle a lot of people.

At park closing I'll bet you get back to the TTC via the ferry before you get there by monorail.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

goff2neverland is offline A-Ticket holder

We're in Chattanooga, just a couple hours north of you, and we drive as well. MK is the one park we don't drive to for all the reasons mentioned here. Indeed, cramming into the bus as the end of the day can be rough, but we find it better than fighting the crowds.

(We decided to "try it one more time" during our last trip and were reminded why we take the bus to MK!)

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Ever since we've started driving to WDW....we've still driven to MK. I'd rather deal with the Ferry/Monorail than waiting for the buses.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

When I do Disney, I normally start off parking at Epcot and finish the day at MK, taking the resorts monorail to the TTC and then hopping on the Epcot line to find the parking lot practically empty except for my car

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

We've tried a number of different things. The first and most obvious is the resort monorail. However, although the line is always much shorter, the trains don't come nearly as frequently, so it's usually a wash as far as wait time.

You could always hang out in the park for a while and let the crowd die down. The lines you are describing only really happen when people leave in large numbers, IE right after the parade or fireworks. Stroll through the shops, or find an out of the way bench and sit down and relax for a little while.

You might also try taking the GF/Poly resort launch. Get off at GF and you can take the monorail, or stay on until you get to the Poly and just walk to TTC.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

How long does it usually take for the lines to diminish? We have always tried to fight through the crowds and it ends up ruining whatever magic we have been able to enjoy throughout the day. My plan this year is to find a place and sit for a bit.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 06-07-2011 at 10:08 PM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

really???? ahhh guess we got lucky all these years lol Thanks for the tip Joanna71985
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

cap'n-tom is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Re: Driving Shortcut?

Thank you eveyone for the advice. I think we will just find an out of the way bench to rest our feet and wait out the crowds.
    Being in a hurry to leave in those crowds will just create frustration, and if there is one place on earth I want to be constantly happy and content it is WDW.

Again, Thank you all for the great advice. Just 5 more months until I find my bench.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Usually, we drive to WDW. So, we use our own car a lot while on Disney property. Sometimes it is just easier. We've found DHS and DAK to be the easiest parks to get in and out with your own vehicle.

However when it comes to The Magic Kingdom, we leave the driving to Disney Transportation. Can't beat the door to door service! Unless we are staying at a monorail resort or Wilderness Lodge, the logistics of parking at the MK lot is honestly not worth the hassle IMHO. We've paid the premium to stay onsite and might as well take advantage of their resort to park transportation. Enjoy the ride!

Like others, we DON'T rush out of the park after the last flash of Wishes. We sometimes grab an ice cream, sit on a bench and just admire our surroundings while others are rushing to stand in the bus or boat line. By the time we finish our ice cream and leisurely walk out of the park, the bus line is almost non-existent. Would I rather look at the back of someone's head or Cinderella Castle? I choose Cinderella Castle everytime!

We've been the last people out of The Magic Kingdom before. A nice Security CM walked us down Main Street and was chatting us up. When I looked behind us, there wasn't a guest in site.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm the opposite. Once I've already seen Wishes, there is no reason for me to stick around for it again, or at least certainly not until the bitter end. Let me see a few sparks in the sky and I'm good to go. When I stay at Wilderness Lodge, I sometimes walk back from the TTC, so I can see some of the higher fireworks along the road as well.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12