Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss I've Applied, now what? in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm 19, and live in New Orleans, Louisiana. I applied for Disney last week. Its killing me! I check my e-mail all day long waiting for anything from them saying ...
    kkeebb is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation I've Applied, now what?

I'm 19, and live in New Orleans, Louisiana. I applied for Disney last week. Its killing me! I check my e-mail all day long waiting for anything from them saying that they want me. I want my phone to ring so bad. I will apply every 6 months until i get a job. So my question is, is there anything I can do to 'get noticed'. Like calling them? Ive wanted to work here ever since my first trip. Help?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: I've Applied, now what?

You mean you applied for a job right? Not the college program?

The not so great news is that they get so many applications that they don't let you know unless it's good news (i.e. an interview). If they aren't interested, they don't call or respond etc. Unfortunate but true.

But good luck! Here's hoping for good news!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Yes, the job. I was going to go for the Career Star Program, but they arent accepting applications for that right now. I told my mom that i was going to call Human Recourse and ask for the hiring people. I also want to email them with a letter on why this means a lot to me.
    TRYING TO GET A JOB AT DISNEY
    LAST DISNEY TRIP: 3/22/11

trips: 2009, 2011

jolana is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey!! I did the Disney College Program back in 2007. I was living in California and moved out to Orlando to work for Disney. It has always been my dream. The College program is a great way to get your foot into the door. The process is simple, and they put you up in housing, (which comes out of your weekly paycheck), but it's a great idea for transitioning from another state. It's def worth trying, and doing. I highly suggest it. Many people do the College Program, and then turn their internship into work. Check it out at, wdwcollegeprogram.com

Good luck!!

I know all about the college program. My cousin just graduated from it. We got to use her family and friend passes to get in the park and the discount on the hotel. Anyway, Im not in a University. I have to go to community college and they don't offer that.
    So im relying on the regular job. If i get hired, my parents are going to pay for my housing, until i get up on my feet in Disney.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Are you certain your community college doesn't offer the college program?
    My son was at a University in a different state and we registered him with a community college in our state to do the college program. It was much cheaper. $2000.00 for 9 credit hours vs $15,000 at his University. You can register through any community college, it doesn't have to be your own though it will cost a tad more.

The program was through the community colleges Department of Work/Study. He received 9 credit hours for the program through the college and 3 from Disney U. Remained a full time student which was critical for him to stay on our health insurance at the time.

Need more help with that route just ask.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

First off, HauntedGabe, i LOVE your cupcake picture.
    Second, I really didnt think that any community college offered it. But i never really looked into it. If my college offers it then i'll have to get a grant and be a full tie student. Im having trouble paying for one class right now. I guess I can take online classes, right?

You've got me all worked up now, lol. Im going to my college campus on Monday to see.

I have a GED, so i cant get into a University without community college credits first.

PRAY FOR ME.

Quote Originally Posted by kkeebb View Post
    First off, HauntedGabe, i LOVE your cupcake picture.
    Second, I really didnt think that any community college offered it. But i never really looked into it. If my college offers it then i'll have to get a grant and be a full tie student. Im having trouble paying for one class right now. I guess I can take online classes, right?

You've got me all worked up now, lol. Im going to my college campus on Monday to see.

I have a GED, so i cant get into a University without community college credits first.

PRAY FOR ME.
    Prayers and pixie dust. The vast majority of community colleges do support the Disney College Program. You might be looking a January because the fall they are starting to arrive already and through summer.

My sons community college had programs set online for almost every major. They were designed for Disney College participants. You can either do a grant, if you manage to pull it off or you can also do a
    FASFA. FASFA should cover your tuition for 9 credits at Community College. Just be serious, cause you do have to pay those back someday.

PM me if you have any questions about pulling it off. I went to the meeting with my son and the community college. It was really cheap in comparison to his University.

Have you had a meeting with the Financial Aid person at your Community College?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

All I did at my college was take the placement test, pick my major (Graphic Design), and get the price on the math class i need. $400, for one summer math class. I couldnt pay for it and i need to be a full time student to get a grant. I cant get anything that i need to pay back. I refuse to owe anyone money. New Orleans is very generous with giving free money to kids for school. You just have to go full time. I'll do it if they have the Disney Program. Im going to call tomorrow.

Do you know if there is a way i can find a list of what college have it in my area??

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

You don't have to go to a school that hosts presentations to do the CP. I know people who went to schools that didn't, and did the CP (and people who went to CCs and did the CP). Good luck!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

So i can just be enrolled in my community college and apply online for the program?
    How would i do my classes???

All I did at my college was take the placement test, pick my major (Graphic Design), and get the price on the math class i need. $400, for one summer math class. I couldnt pay for it and i need to be a full time student to get a grant. I cant get anything that i need to pay back. I refuse to owe anyone money. New Orleans is very generous with giving free money to kids for school. You just have to go full time. I'll do it if they have the Disney Program. Im going to call tomorrow.

Do you know if there is a way i can find a list of what college have it in my area??
    I know NOLA is very generous, my DD financial aid package to Tulane was
    grants and scholarships exceeding $43,000 for one year. Do investigate early as to grants and scholarships at your community college for the fall.
    Up here you have to carry 12 credits to be a full time student. CC are flexible you can take classes day, night or weekend so if your desire is the college program put the work in during the fall semester and apply for the Spring college program. You have to have a semester under your belt or currently in that semester to apply.

Ive got bad news. I am seriously crying because of this. I started to apply for the financial aid, just now. Its almost midnight but who cares. So i need to answer all these questions that i dont know. Tax questins, and my parents information and stuff. So i asked my mom to tell me her and my dads SS numbers. She tells me no. That im only applying for full time college to go 'play' at Disney. THATS NOT TRUE. The college program is like killing two birds with one giant mickey mouse shaped stone. I learn and i get my DREAM JOBBBBB!

Well, she isnt giving me anything. So i give up. I guess i'll have to wait for the regular job to work out.

Figure this one out guys. My mom and dad will pay for me to get set up in Mickeyland if i get a job, but they wont let me apply for FREE money to go for FREE!!!???!!!?? WTFFFFF.
    This is heartbreaking.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Argh I'm so sorry to hear that your parents are giving you trouble. Maybe you can gather all the information about what a great program it is to show them it is not so you can just go "play" at Disney?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Ive got bad news. I am seriously crying because of this. I started to apply for the financial aid, just now. Its almost midnight but who cares. So i need to answer all these questions that i dont know. Tax questins, and my parents information and stuff. So i asked my mom to tell me her and my dads SS numbers. She tells me no. That im only applying for full time college to go 'play' at Disney. THATS NOT TRUE. The college program is like killing two birds with one giant mickey mouse shaped stone. I learn and i get my DREAM JOBBBBB!

Well, she isnt giving me anything. So i give up. I guess i'll have to wait for the regular job to work out.

Figure this one out guys. My mom and dad will pay for me to get set up in Mickeyland if i get a job, but they wont let me apply for FREE money to go for FREE!!!???!!!?? WTFFFFF.
    This is heartbreaking.
    I will send you a PM. I, as a Mom am a great supporter of the College Program on two levels. One it is a reality check, if Disney is going to be your long term passion after a 6 month intro and secondly it is a real life reality check.

Beyond that I have no idea where your parents are coming from in their decision, so I can't criticize any parent for their position. I can give you some real life experiences from the program with my son so I will PM you the info later tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast