Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Evening Discount in the Ask The Experts forums; Ok, so I am going to Florida on Sunday for a few days but just visiting family. At first we were just going to take a day trip to blizzard ...
    Disney_Dan is offline A-Ticket holder

Evening Discount

Ok, so I am going to Florida on Sunday for a few days but just visiting family. At first we were just going to take a day trip to blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon but then started thinking about doing a park for a day or even after the water park. Is there a discount for going into the parks late like 6-7pm? Also for the florida resident discount, can we use it if we go with our family who lives in fl (we live in NJ).. Thanks for any help you guys can offer!!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Evening Discount

No discount for late entry I'm afraid, but your Florida relative can buy all your tickets. You won't be asked to show an ID at the turnstile.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

I don't know if they still have it, but there used to be an after 4PM pass for Epcot. I think it was an AP though, I don't think you can get one day tickets like that.

I also hate to disagree with the venerable NC_WDW_Daddy but - I have never bought a ticket at WDW without having to show proof of FL residency. I have only ever bought an AP for myself. However I've never been allowed to buy FL resident tickets for my visiting out of town family before either.

I do know that you can't buy a FL resident ticket without showing ID. If you buy tickets online you are given a voucher, and you need to show ID when you trade in the voucher for a ticket. Now it may be true that there are ways to get away with it, and maybe that's what "daddy" is referring to. It's also possible that I don't know what I'm talking about, or that things have changed since I last looked into it a couple of years ago. But to the best of my knowledge only a FL resident bearing some kind of ID proving residency is allowed (as opposed to able to enter using a FL resident ticket.

The bottom line, therefore, is that you should probably call Disney to get a definitive answer. And best of luck with that...
    Last edited by tizzo; 06-13-2011 at 02:56 PM.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Unfortunately there is no longer any type of late night discount on tickets. That said however, after a certain time (I think it's 7:00?) you don't have to pay for parking!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    No discount for late entry I'm afraid, but your Florida relative can buy all your tickets. You won't be asked to show an ID at the turnstile.
    ID and proof of residency is required to activate a FL resident ticket (for an adult at least - a child must be in the company of an adult with such ID). So although the relative can purchase the tickets, IIRC they will actually be purchasing exchange certificates (except their own) that the user will need to return to the ticket booth to properly activate. If you attempt to activate without the proper ID you will instead be charge the difference in the purchase price and a standard MYW ticket (or other non-resident ticket of choice).

FL residents do still have an Epcot After 4 Annual Pass option.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news