Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 1st Week in February or March??? in the Ask The Experts forums; Which do you prefer for traveling to the World? How do the crowds and weather compare?...
    Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

1st Week in February or March???

Which do you prefer for traveling to the World? How do the crowds and weather compare?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: 1st Week in February or March???

according to touringplans.com it would be better the 1st week of february... but that could change... i would believe them though... they seem to be on the ball with crowds and such...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I definitely say February! We've done February in the past and it's pretty slow. The weather is really nice though it does get pretty chilly late at night and in the early AM hours.

We went the 1st week of March this year and, while it's usually a slow time to go, it was slammed. We found out from some guests that all schools in Louisiana were off that week but I don't know if that's a new norm. I can say this, it felt like the entire state was at WDW because everywhere you looked were LSU colors. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I definitely say February! We've done February in the past and it's pretty slow. The weather is really nice though it does get pretty chilly late at night and in the early AM hours.

We went the 1st week of March this year and, while it's usually a slow time to go, it was slammed. We found out from some guests that all schools in Louisiana were off that week but I don't know if that's a new norm. I can say this, it felt like the entire state was at WDW because everywhere you looked were LSU colors. LOL!
    this is good info to know, number 1) because I am by no means an LSU fan and number 2) I would have never thought spring break would have started so early.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

I am only able to speak about 1st week in February because that is when we visited one year. Actually, it was the last week of January into the first week of February.

We had a blast! The parks were the slowest I have ever seen them. Can you say NO LINE for Space Mountain in the middle of the day. We walked through the queue into a waiting car. It was surreal. Still for some reason, we needed a Fastpass for Toy Story Mania, Soarin' and Test Track.

The only drawback for me was the weather. It rained a lot and was a bit chilly late afternoon into the evening. So, we didn't use the pool much. But, the hot tub at our resort was always full in the evenings.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Walt Disney World that week again.

Now, we have been to Disneyland in California in March one year and it was busy! So, we won't go to either resort in March again. Too many Spring Breakers!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

FYI....many school districts in Louisiana get out of school for Mardi Gras. Thus, huge crowds at WDW depending on when Fat Tuesday falls in the calendar.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN