Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Is it worth getting the room Celebration in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello, I will be planning a trip in oct of 2012 and its will by my kids first time. I heard they do a room celebration is it worth it? ...
    reboot530 is offline A-Ticket holder

Is it worth getting the room Celebration

Hello,

I will be planning a trip in oct of 2012 and its will by my kids first time.
    I heard they do a room celebration is it worth it?
    Thanks Aaron

supernova is online now Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Is it worth getting the room Celebration

New one by me.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

reboot530 is offline A-Ticket holder

I have heard that you can order from the disney florist a welcome gift thing. What I found out is that the first full day they go into your room at a specific time and they put you package out. For example: the one is the ultimate fist timer where you get 2 plushes mickey and minie 22 inches. They give a autograph book, and a signed picture of mickey and the gang. Also they sprinkle pixie dust and treats. The parents know it's comming but the kids have no clue.
    So when we get back to the the room it's all decriated. It's a reall cool thing. anyyway wanted to see if anyone has used it before and how they liked it?
    Thanks Aaron

Sounds... expensive. Hit Walmart and have your own celebration.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I don't know, my kids were so excited to be there that they didn't need an in room celebration. There is so much to get kids adrenaline going without the extra packages or expense. Also my kids when young enjoyed picking out their own plush for the trip.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I agree with supernova.

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think it sounds like a terrifically fun idea. Depending on your budget, you could do that or as others were saying piece it together yourself.

When we were younger my brother and I (from PA) would fly down and meet my dad and stepmom who would drive from GA. They would stop at Downtown Disney and the Disney outlet (not sure where it is but the merch was definitely authentic) and put together a few small things. I don't know if you're flying or driving but that's always an option.

Have a great trip!
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

We did the big birthday celebration for DS's 3rd birthday and I think it was totally worth the money! Everything the Disney Florists do is just so wonderfully magical, down to the littlest of details. If you have the funds to do it, I say go for it. Give them a call and they can customize a celebration for you too!

http://www.disneyflorist.com/categor...ations/display

I think the one you're talking about is "Mickey's Grand Welcome". We did "Mickey and Pals Big Birthday Wish".
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 07-25-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

They do some very nice things - Disney Florists. It always looks amazing! But it can be very expensive. I also think you need to keep in mind the fact that will the kiddos expectations be that you get this every time? Or is this something special?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I also think you need to keep in mind the fact that will the kiddos expectations be that you get this every time? Or is this something special?
    That is a great point! Luckily, DS was only 3 and honestly, other than the videos/pictures, I don't think he remembers it enough to have associated it with the trips we take!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

If it is a "hey welcome for your FIRST trip" then it might not be an problem at all. If it were my family, I would have to make them understand this was a one times special event. Well- until I win the lottery, of course.

I wish I had done something special for their first trip. But actually, it was their first time to fly so they were just happy to be going!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Sounds... expensive. Hit Walmart and have your own celebration.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I agree with supernova.
    And I agree with NC_WDW_Daddy.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

The wife and I went to WDW for my 30th birthday and she got them to leave a bunch of stuff in our room while we were out. Being an adult, I knew it was expensive, but it looked awesome and really "made" my birthday. I'll never forget it.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Why doesn't Disney just grab each guest by the ankles upon check in, shake them upside down until their pockets are empty and just get it over with.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We've never done any of the in-room celebrations at WDW. I was going to have a Christmas tree brought in for our WDW Christmas this past year. But, when I checked with the WDW Florist, I was honestly sticker-shocked at the pricing. So, I just brought a little pre-lit Disneyfied tree I picked up at our local Disney Store. I probably saved over $200 doing that. More money to spend at WDW!!!!

Now, we DID do a stateroom celebration on Disney Cruise Line one year. We surprised our daughter and took her on a Disney cruise for her actual birthday. After seeing the surprised look on her face when we entered our stateroom . . . YES, it was well worth the money. But, we don't do that for every cruise.

Personally, I would only do a room celebration package if it were for a special occasion (ie: birthday, anniversary, first WDW trip). There is so much going on at WDW. That the whole experience is going to be magical. I've seen other threads where people seem to do something outrageous each trip to make it special. To be honest, being at Walt Disney World is special enough for me and my kids.

In case anyone is interested . . . Disney Floral and Gifts
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast