Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pleasure Island?? in the Ask The Experts forums; What's happening with PL? Will they ever bring back Adventurer's club??...
    dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Unhappy Pleasure Island??

What's happening with PL? Will they ever bring back Adventurer's club??
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Pleasure Island??

No one knows...least of all the Disney execs right now. They seem to have had many plans abrubtly halted...the latest of which was the "Hyperion Wharf" concept, which was to be the new theme...then some plans leaked and apparently a lot of that theme involved grass rather than interesting things. They announced a couple weeks ago that also has been halted.

Word is that they would consider leasing out the remaining club sites to third parties to operate them, but it is uncertain if that will actually fly.

I personally that if the AC came back in some form, it would likely be altered to some degree in order to increase margins - it was expensive to operate. I've said a few times that it might work quite well as a "dinner show" type restaurant.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I don't miss PI however I do miss The Adventurers Club. Ask most restaurateurs where there greatest portion of revenue is generated and you'll usually hear the bar or the profits for the alcohol sold at dinner.

I will be disappointed if they farm out DTD venues. Then again I wasn't a fan of bringing McD's to WDW Property either.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

An Artist's rendering of Hyperion Wharf was posted on the Disney Parks Blog last November. Check it out HERE.

I thought Lou hinted (and there are lots and lots of rumors) that they might bring the Adventurer's Club back at the new Hyperion Wharf as a dinner theatre. Only time will tell . . .
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

That would be pretty cool if that happened! I only visited the AC once but greatly enjoyed it. It was so sad to walk through Pleasure Island the last few times I went.

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    That would be pretty cool if that happened! I only visited the AC once but greatly enjoyed it. It was so sad to walk through Pleasure Island the last few times I went.
    Yeah it was really sad, when i think of the great family evenings out we used to have there (street parties kids were allowed to!)
    We all adored the AC. Last time we went there was a really nice (but very busy) restaurant where the art shop used to be. Just would be nice for Disney to do something with this space, bring the family evening out theme back...
    Thanks for the links!
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

If Hyperion Wharf really does get built, then I hope The Adventurer's Club returns.