Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Stroller rental in the Ask The Experts forums; Can anyone recommend a palce that they have used and liked? I'll need to rent a double. I see that at some discount places it's about 20 a day. WDW ...
    OneLuckyLady is offline B-Ticket Holder

Stroller rental

Can anyone recommend a palce that they have used and liked? I'll need to rent a double. I see that at some discount places it's about 20 a day. WDW charges 31 a day for a double so I'd like it to be a discount place. Thanks.

First WDW trip June 1991 - off site
    Second June 1992 - off site
    Grad Nite 1995
    Honeymoon 2005 - off site
    September 2011 - Pop Century & taking our girls!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Stroller rental

Can I ask how long your trip is and how old your kids are?

One year when I had both still in need of the stroller, the preschooler not as much, I ordered a stroller and had it shipped to then Dixie Landings and I left it behind.

I had one similar to this one: www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-Tag-a-long-LT-Tandem-Stroller-Red-Rock/13376710 where the youngest rides up front and the preschooler can sit on step seat or stand with their back to the handle.

Walmart also has some cheap (vs renting) double strollers where there is side by side seating. Three days and it pays for itself.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Note to all stroller parents: Be careful when flying with your own stroller.
    Within the last few months airlines are getting particular with strollers with the popularity of the big-double strollers.

Some airlines will only check a stroller at the gate that is less than 20 lbs. while others will only check at the gate strollers that are similar to umbrella strollers. Check with airline when you are booking flight.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

OneLuckyLady is offline B-Ticket Holder

Julia will be almost 5 and Lydia will be 3 and we're going for 5 days 4 nights. Julia is very tall and weighs almost 50 lbs. I've tried the sit n stands before but it was hard to push. I like the idea of just shipping a stroller....Even though Julia is pretty much done with strollers I want a seat avaiable for her.

First WDW trip June 1991 - off site
    Second June 1992 - off site
    Grad Nite 1995
    Honeymoon 2005 - off site
    September 2011 - Pop Century & taking our girls!

I so agree. When you think from the resort door through the parks, that is so much walking for a 5 year old. We found by late afternoon, at the time my son petered out and needed to rest his legs. That made us able to continue into the night in the parks.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

I've found you two reputable stroller rental companies in Orlando . . .

Orlando Stroller Rentals

&

Magic Strollers

(Click on the name for their official website.)

Jennifer
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuckyLady View Post
    Julia will be almost 5 and Lydia will be 3 and we're going for 5 days 4 nights. Julia is very tall and weighs almost 50 lbs. I've tried the sit n stands before but it was hard to push. I like the idea of just shipping a stroller....Even though Julia is pretty much done with strollers I want a seat avaiable for her.
    When my boys first went to WDW, they were 5 and 6. We bought those cheap strollers at Walmart. But they weren't very heavy. I do suggest that you do something with the strollers. THey got so tired and it would have been miserable for us to have to wait on them and walk. It was wonderful to just push to the next station.

Funniest thing was my hubby didn't realize that the CMs move the strollers around to make room and keep things from being really cluttered. So he got off TTA and panicked. Wouldn't listen to me to relax. So when he finally found the strollers I then had to explain why they were moved. He went "oh" But he didn't panic after that.