Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss D23 Expo 2011 in the Ask The Experts forums; I had an opinion question for all you experts. I will be attending the D23 Expo next week for the first time. I noticed that Disneyland is running some "specials" ...
    lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder

D23 Expo 2011

I had an opinion question for all you experts. I will be attending the D23 Expo next week for the first time. I noticed that Disneyland is running some "specials" on parkhopper tickets. I am going out 2 days in advance of the Expo to experience Disneyland. I have been told 2-3 days is all it really takes to "do" Disneyland. My question is... What is the likely hood that I will have energy at the end of the day during the Expo to go back to the parks or need to go back? Is it really worth paying for an all day ticket to have the option to go back into the parks? Is that something a lot of people do? I don't want to lose out if I buy only a 3 day instead of a 5 day park hopper since this will probably be the only time I make it out to Anaheim.

P.S. I apologize in advance if this is not the right forum to post this in.

Thanks!

Re: D23 Expo 2011

Last year I was so tired and my feet hurt from being on them all day at the expo. We did go into the park after the expo on my last night there but it was only for a few hours. And we only went because we had a day to still use on our tickets.

I'm not sure, but I think DL has a ticket you can buy after a certain time of day for cheaper. Look into that. If there is, only go to the expo for a few hours, take a break and then hit the park. Since it's your first time to DL there is a lot to take in. Don't rush it. I was there for over a week and still missed attractions.

Expo tip: people will line up hours in advance for the stuff in the main hall. if you want to see something in there make sure you are willing to spend the time in line and not doing something else. last year i walked in about 10 minutes before it began and was way at the top.

actually, any presentations in any of the rooms people will wait at least an hour or more for. even the first day there was over an hour wait to get into the store. it was crazy!!

Have fun!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

DWilshere is offline A-Ticket holder

Also, they will be selling Dismeyland tickets at the Expo probably in the Welcome Center. I'm planning on doing a bit of the parks probably each day.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

We're also heading over to the parks after each day - if only just for an hour or two. Want to squeeze in as much magic as possible!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon