Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss on-line check-in in the Ask The Experts forums; if we check-in on-line before our trip will it give us our room # at that time or do we still have to wait til we get there...
    elric is offline B-Ticket Holder

on-line check-in

if we check-in on-line before our trip will it give us our room # at that time or do we still have to wait til we get there

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: on-line check-in

you find out when you get there
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

man i was hoping that was why i was going to do on-line check-in

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

What I understood about online check in, was it allows WDW to have a more accurate view of rooms availability-who is actually showing up, and assigning better based on that. Plus, it allows them to have document packs ready and waiting which saves the guest time.

We did not online check in our first trip staying on property, and they put my daughter an I in a handicapped room. One giant bed and no tub, just a tiled shower with a curtain, it was messy.

So who and what is coming help them assign better,.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Won't you still have to talk to someone to get your key? What's the point of knowing your exact room number ahead of time? Unless I'm missing something.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

They couldn't give you your room info in advance anyways because there is no guarantee the room has been cleared by Mousekeeping and have it ready for you. They will not give you the room number, even if they've locked it in in advance, until the room has been cleared.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

GoofyDad is offline B-Ticket Holder

We used online check-in for our June 2010 trip at Caribbean Beach Resort. From the time we stepped up to the counter to the time we were walking away was probably 4 minutes. We arrived around 12:30pm, and there weren't any other families in line. We were early (check in is 3pm), so no room was assigned at that time, but were asked to provide a cell# to text to (this is standard when your room is not ready... no big deal) If you don't have a cell phone, they will give you a phone number to call to check on the status. Its just easier to have them text you, in my opinion.

Using online check-in did allow them to have my tickets, keycard, etc ready to go for me, so there was very little wait. I received a text page with my room number, and my keycards were automatically set up for the room. When we returned to the resort that night, we went straight to the room.

Online check in gives you a chance to save a little bit of time, mainly by giving you a shorter line to stand in if they are crowded. I've been told, however, that unless they are very busy (mid-summer on a weekend, etc.) that the normal check in is only 6-7 minutes.

We are headed down in September and will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I've decided to NOT use online check in this time, in hopes of getting an upgrade (worth asking for?). From what I understand, online check in sort of locks you in and you might not be able to ask for something more.

So... the benefit of online check in is that your packet is ready and waiting on you, and you may have a shorter line to stand in when you arrive. Hope this helps!
    JUN 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Star Wars Weekends)
    SEP 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    MAY 2012 - Offsite single night and DHS
    DEC 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Won't you still have to talk to someone to get your key? What's the point of knowing your exact room number ahead of time? Unless I'm missing something.
    i guess room # not so important we really wanted to know what area we would be in we have stayed at CBR before and have a map from last time.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I don't really see the point of it. Unless there's some kind of issue, check in is a pretty quick process in my opinion. We will be arriving at BLT around 11PM when we go in October, and I am checking in my family on my parent's behalf since my flight gets in first, and I don't plan on using online check in. All it does is give Disney a heads up that you are coming, doesn't really benefit us.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Speaking from just our past 4 or 5 experiences with online check-in... I won't ever do a trip without using it again. Depending on the time you arrive, it can cut your wait time by quite a bit but I think probably the biggest benefit we've seen is that typically your room is available when you get there.

Because we drive in, we usually arrive on property well before the 3:00-4:00 check-in time. When we didn't use the online check-in, we usually had to wait for our room to be ready which often threw off our attempt at planning anything for the arrival day. When we use the online check-in, I'm very honest in our arrival time (you put that in when you do it) as being relatively early (around 11am) and there has always been a room ready for us to go to immediately after they handed over the folder and key cards. For us, that's a big deal. We are a lot of people in two very small cars (Mini Coopers) so being able to unload all the baggage and road trip junk as soon as get there is lovely!

That said, the short answer to your question is that you don't get the room number until you check-in to pick up your folder etc.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

i love your full answer Jenn..
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

ok.. a whole new online check in question??? when i check online check in.. which i know its too early.. it just shows me my dinner ressie info?? whats up with that?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

nevermind.. fix it and this is what it told me

Reminders

* On September 01, 2011, in 14 day(s), you can save time, skip the line and check in online
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Jumping aboard this thread! I am thinking of doing online check-in this October. We are staying at Pop Century again. Are you allowed to request a certain area when you check in online? We have preferred rooms booked, so I know that will narrow it down a bit. We just loved the 70s and 50s areas!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I put in my request when I called to book the room. They won't guarantee it, but at least the request is already on file. If you wait until you do online check-in, you might miss out. I'd suggest calling now while it's still kind of early.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast