Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Know Orlando Airport? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi, I have a question for those that frequent the Orlando airport. This will be my first trip flying in there, and I need to get from there to my ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Know Orlando Airport?

Hi, I have a question for those that frequent the Orlando airport. This will be my first trip flying in there, and I need to get from there to my hotel (Holiday Inn Staybridge) when I arrive with my two kids Saturday, around 3p.m.

Will it be easy for me to obtain a ride from the airport? Meaning, can we take a taxi or some kind of bus service? (Since I am not staying first directly on Disney property, I can't do the Magical Express).

Also, does anyone know if this is something I should try to reserve in advance, and about how much I might pay from there if I take a taxi? Thanks in advance for any help and advice,

Sincerely,
    The nervous travelling mother.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Hi, I have a question for those that frequent the Orlando airport. This will be my first trip flying in there, and I need to get from there to my hotel (Holiday Inn Staybridge) when I arrive with my two kids Saturday, around 3p.m.

Will it be easy for me to obtain a ride from the airport? Meaning, can we take a taxi or some kind of bus service? (Since I am not staying first directly on Disney property, I can't do the Magical Express).

Also, does anyone know if this is something I should try to reserve in advance, and about how much I might pay from there if I take a taxi? Thanks in advance for any help and advice,

Sincerely,
    You wouldn't have any trouble at all getting a taxi, but I would probably recommend a car service. We have used a few different ones. There are some who offer a grocery stop too which is nice. Mears also does other hotel stops other than WDW and might be worth checking into.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Nicole the girls and I in May last year got a car services to the Animal Kingdom. It cost me about $50.00 one way plus tip. I actually set it up before we left. It worked out great because the driver met us at the luggage area. Now when me and the BF went down in NOV last year as well we use the same service this time it cost me $90.00 round trip plus tip of course. It was great once again we were met at the luggage area and he took us to the Poly and he gave us a time to be ready to leave and he was there right at that time to pick us up. I really couldn't tell you about a taxi service but I thought the car service was great. I research over the net the different car services in the Orlando area and it looks like the going rate was form $85.00-90.00 round trip. I didn't see any higher prices unless you got a limo. As far as getting a taxi I would assume it depend how far your hotel is form the airport. So to compare the rate of a car service and taxi I really couldn't help. But if you don't mind the extra money I say go with a car service. If you have any questions just PM me.

Oh yeah the name of the car serivce we used was Murray Hill Transporation I found them on allears.net her is there site I hope this helps:
    http://wwcol.com/con/cbus01/murrayhl.html

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    When my GF and I went down, we used Mears service. They will take you to other hotels besides Disney. It was only like $40 for the two of us and that was round trip. I have always had good luck with Mears and will probably continue to use them. I have also taken a taxi and that can get expensive real quick. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove

Sincerely,
    Some words of caution about cabs: Don't try to save money by taking an "idependent" cab. Stick with the big names; otherwise you might be "taken for a ride" in more ways than one. Even with the regulars you should ask beforehand what the approximate fare will be. There are two ways in and out of Orlando airport (north and south); by taking the longer route you might end up paying a lot, lot more. If possible, try to familirize yourself with the place you are going. If the cabbie thinks you know your way around there is less chance you will be fleeced.

P.S. I would go with the limo service, even if it costs a bit more. If you have the time to go from place to place, then Mears is way to go.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the tips and advice. This is the first time going solo with the kids and into the airport so I wanted to know what to expect. I'll be looking in to it!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The taxi line can get *quite* long - I've waited 35+ minutes for a taxi. I suggest arranging a ride in advance - I've liked and used Tiffany Towncar. I believe you can get a discount coupon at http://allearsnet.com/

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I agree w/ the above... having a car service meet you at the luggage area is great. Cabs can get really expensive.. If you book a town car in advance you will know just how much $$ you will be spending.. We used this twice last year it was GREAT!! This year we are renting car when we arrive and using the magical express to depart.. I hope it's better than people have posted!!!

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    Here is the Mears Transportation website:http://www.mearstransportation.com/
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop