Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Question about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Ask The Experts forums; My family and I are going do be at Disney during Halloween this year. Halloween falls on a Monday and they of course are having a party that night and ...
    pows_girl is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

My family and I are going do be at Disney during Halloween this year. Halloween falls on a Monday and they of course are having a party that night and on Tuesday Nov. 1st. My question is...do you think we should go on Halloween night or Nov. 1st? I don't know because we really want to go on Halloween because it is "Halloween" but we are afraid it will be too crowded. We don't have children but we know the parties are a blast and want to enjoy ourselves. Also it just seems weird to go to a Halloween party after Halloween. What do you think? Will it be better to go on Tues? Will it still be fun? I know it will probably be less crowded...any guidence would be appreciated! Thanks

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Question about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

I think you will enjoy yourselves much more on Tuesday. For one it looks to be about $11 dollars cheaper but I'd also imagine the crowds would be much lighter the day after Halloween. If you really can't get over going to a "Halloween" party in November then I'm sure you will have a great time on the actual date, but be sure to get your tickets ASAP. Halloween night sells out very early!

Cheers!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

You can do your own celebrating ON Halloween and then continue the celebration on Tuesday. You just KNOW it's going to be a mob scene on the actual day anyway. So by going on Tuesday, you will cut out all (well part, anyway) of the insanity. If people didn't show up, they wouldn't hold it on Tuesday. I'd say to give it a try. When you're there, check the board outside the MK and see if the 31st is advertised as being "sold out". I'd be real curious to hear if they truly hold the tickets to a set number on the holiday.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

we have went on the last party before the one after halloween and it wasnt crowded at all and it was nice..

on halloween we went on a haunted hayride down at fort wilderness and went and trick or treated DTD.

the fort wilderness rides are great.. we have done them twice!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

pows_girl is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks everyone for the input! It really helped us make a decision...we have decided to try the one after Halloween...plus it is nice to save a little money I didn't know they did a haunted hay ride. How much does that cost? Where can I find more information on that? Thanks for all of your help!!

Steamboat Eddie is offline A-Ticket holder

hope you have a great time !

DVC Dave is offline A-Ticket holder

I think Halloween Day would be a blast! They already limit attendence so it will never have a crowded feel like Christmas or Easter or even the Summer months.

The MNSSHP is worth it! Yeah it might be mentally wierd to go on November 1st but if thats the only day you can go, I would it.

The Parade is spectacular and the Halloween Fireworks are very cool.

Even though you are adults you can still do some trick or treating!

Do it which ever day you can!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Quote Originally Posted by pows_girl View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input! It really helped us make a decision...we have decided to try the one after Halloween...plus it is nice to save a little money I didn't know they did a haunted hay ride. How much does that cost? Where can I find more information on that? Thanks for all of your help!!
    the haunted hayride is out at fort wilderness at the stables.. if you wanna go call the guest services and you can make your ressies and you want them.. i think the first time we did it.. it was like $15 a piece. and they tell a haunted story and all that.. very nice time!!

last year it was different.. it was carriage style not hayride and you book a carriage and it holds i think like 4-5 guests and it was $30 for everyone.

lots of fun!!! and they do it from like sun down until like 10pm i think is the latest ressie time.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

ginamarie is offline A-Ticket holder

We went on Halloween night in 2005 and didn't find it to be anymore crowded than on other nights. Personally, I'd go on another night just to save some $$ since the party has gotten so expensive. It's magical whether you go on Halloween night or not