Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Question about dining plan in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a question about the dining plan. I am planning a trip with 3 other friends for january. I am an annual pass holder but the other 3 are ...
    iwannabindisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Question about dining plan

I have a question about the dining plan. I am planning a trip with 3 other friends for january. I am an annual pass holder but the other 3 are not. Is there any way we can get the dining plan, along with rooms and their 3 other tickets? I've heard from others that getting the annual pass was a mistake because now there is no way for me to book with the dining plan and other people this way

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Question about dining plan

To be honest, I do not think that the dining plan is a huge deal. We just booked a trip for december and are planning on eating a buffet/character/table service meal and another quick service meal each day. We looked at the menus in advance (www.allears.net) and decided on what we probably order. That totaled around $800 for the 4 of us for 6 nights. The dining plan would have costed over $1100 for all four of us. Neither of these numbers include tip.

So, i would try to talk your friends out of the dining plan haha...just my opinion though
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm with you. I called to get an idea of what the dining plan would cost. They said that it was $99 for three sit-down meals and $60 for a sit down and a table service meal, per person, per day. Truthfully, I don't eat $60 in food a day per person, much less a hundred. If a couple paid $200 every day for two people to eat, that would be insane. That's a thousand bucks by the end of five days, just for meals. The meal plan is not worth it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Unfortunately the dining plan is part of the greater "packages" that must include room AND tickets so as a passholder, you can't add it to your vacations. Stinks. Been there!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I thought you could add it if you wanted to pay for it? I called and they didn't ask which resort I was staying in, she just gave me the prices. It may be free as part of the greater packages, but I was unaware that Disney wouldn't take your $59 a day if you wanted to pay your way through the Dining Plan?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Unfortunately the dining plan is part of the greater "packages" that must include room AND tickets so as a passholder, you can't add it to your vacations. Stinks. Been there!
    This is incorrect now. AP holders (and DVC owners staying on points) can book a "room only plus dining". you cannot take part in a "free" dining offer without also buying tickets - but you also don't have to USE the tickets as part of that stay - you can keep them unused and then use/upgrade them at a later time.

So, as the AP holder you can book the reservation, and the others can get their tickets separately through whichever authorized vendor they wish.

$60 for the standard DDP (1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 snack credit per night per person) seems wrong. They don't publicize the cost (they roll it in to the package cost), but for DVC members it is $45.99 for an adult for 2011 (and I believe that is up 6 bucks from 2010). The deluxe DDP (3 TS and 2 snacks/night) is $78.99. It's possible they charge more for AP holders, but that's a BIG difference.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I think you can do better on your own than with the dining plan.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I think you can do better on your own than with the dining plan.
    Depends on your dining habits. You'd need to eat a lot of table service meals to even be comparable. And if you eat at the buffet meals, especially at lunch prices, it's harder to justify as those meals cost less than the better TS meals.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Oh sure NOW they change it! Well lucky current Passholders!

And I agree it depends on your dining habits. We did the math on two trips and for us, we saved money by going with the DDP. PLUS it is just SO much more convenient for us. It makes it so it's one less thing to factor into the "spending" budget.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe