Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Extra Magic Hours for Magic Kingdom in the Ask The Experts forums; So we are checking in on Oct 27 (Sat) and leaving on Nov 5 (Sat) but there are no evening extra magic hours for the Magic Kingdom during our entire ...
    Disney_Dan is offline A-Ticket holder

Extra Magic Hours for Magic Kingdom

So we are checking in on Oct 27 (Sat) and leaving on Nov 5 (Sat) but there are no evening extra magic hours for the Magic Kingdom during our entire visit except for our departure day?!? With Mickeys not so scary halloween party going on, the park closes very early our entire trip as well! Does anyone know if they will add an evening EMH for MK during our visit? We love being in the MK very late so hope someone has some good news for us!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Extra Magic Hours for Magic Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dan View Post
    So we are checking in on Oct 27 (Sat) and leaving on Nov 5 (Sat) but there are no evening extra magic hours for the Magic Kingdom during our entire visit except for our departure day?!? With Mickeys not so scary halloween party going on, the park closes very early our entire trip as well! Does anyone know if they will add an evening EMH for MK during our visit? We love being in the MK very late so hope someone has some good news for us!
    Sorry no. There are almost always more Halloween Parties closer to Halloween. The MK is open late so many days just for that it stretches their staff thin. Some of these CM's are doing some pretty quick turns and back to the MK they do go. Adding EMH's to that would likely be mind numbing to the cast members.

The only suggestion I have if the late night is really important to you is to try and get tickets to the party. That is a pretty big price to pay though unless you really wanted to go in the first place. It would likely be cheaper to just add another day onto your trip instead.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dan View Post
    Rather than ask here, you would probably be better off calling Disney directly. If they're going to make changes to their schedule, they would know best. Though no, during the final week of Halloween, they would make far more money running continual Christmas parties than keeping the park open later for people who already have base tickets. I'm sure you can run your trip without the EMH, though. Everyone else needs to.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney_Dan is offline A-Ticket holder

Bahah! Well, thanks so much for the responses! I guess i'll have to get by with no EMH @ the MK... I think i'm gonna go to Halloween Horror Nights 1 evening!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Halloween Horror Nights is fantasticly done. Glad you're not missing it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is Halloween Horror Night? Is it part of MNSSHP?
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is Halloween Horror Night? Is it part of MNSSHP?
    It's a Universal Studios thing.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Shame there is no EMH during your visit and only hard ticket events.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Been there... It is extremely well done... I went or one of he better ones in 07' or something... They had all of the Hollywood monsters like Freddy and Jason and Leatherface... Each house was crazy... But be careful... It's definitely not a kids atmosphere... At least the full bar setups along the way didn't lend to it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Been there... It is extremely well done... I went or one of he better ones in 07' or something... They had all of the Hollywood monsters like Freddy and Jason and Leatherface... Each house was crazy... But be careful... It's definitely not a kids atmosphere... At least the full bar setups along the way didn't lend to it...
    Agreed - I was able to go last year and check it out during a special event (and it looks like we will this year as well), and it was not what I would suggest for kids at all. People were reasonably well behaved for the most part, but the "blood shots" sold at every street corner, etc. did leave them "extra festive". It's also pretty scary in some areas.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news