Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW ticket question.... in the Ask The Experts forums; I have always been curious about some of the restrictions with the Disney tickets.....in particular, I am wondering if I buy a base ticket with extra days than I plan ...
    WDWfan2012 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question WDW ticket question....

I have always been curious about some of the restrictions with the Disney tickets.....in particular, I am wondering if I buy a base ticket with extra days than I plan to use, can I use those extra days on same day entrances into different parks instead of buying a park hopper, or will the turnstiles restrict you from taking another day from your ticket? I've always bought park hopper tickets because I love to have my freedom to jump around, but I've found that a base ticket with more days is cheaper than the park hopper option. Does anyone know about this? I've never tried it, but am afraid to because I don't want to purchase the "wrong ticket".
    Thanks!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: WDW ticket question....

I'm not sure, but I don't see how they could restrict you from using a ticket that is already paid for.

If you have a three day ticket, I don't see how you couldn't use it for three parks in one day.

Is there a difference between three "days" and three "parks"?

I realize I'm just asking the same question that you have, but it's interesting.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I think you would be rejected at the gate. Same way Universal keeps their parks seperate, Disney sells them as single park tickets or hopper passes. Once you put it into the turnstyle, you will get a message saying that the ticket has already been used. All they have to do is throw it into the computer and see where you originally entered and then compare it against the type of ticket you purchased. No getting around it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Could you buy separate tickets for each park?

If so, what would the difference actually be?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If I had to guess, Disney would probably sell you four one-day tickets at whatever ghastly amount they are charging these days. You could either go into one park with three of your friends, or use four seperate tickets to four different parks.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You can not use your unused days on your ticket for park hopping. The turnstile will read that you have used your ticket that day at another park. The only way to park hop is to buy the PH option.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Right, this is all controlled by the ticketing computer. A non-Park Hopper MYW ticket (or any other single-park-per-day ticket), once scanned for entrance at one park, will not be permitted entrance to another park until the next "park day" (that is, the "park day" ends when all of the parks have closed, even if it is after midnight.)

You CAN use separate tickets, but remember that an adult single day ticket is $90.53. To get three of them is $271.59. If you wanted to visit 3 parks in 1 day, a 1-day Park Hopper is $127.80. Using a separate ticket just doesn't make sense, unless you already HAVE the separate ticket (say, an old non-expiring ticket with days left that you otherwise could never use...but still, they could be used for an entire day if you used them right)

Where people think they are saving is trying to use a 10-day non-hopper on a 7-day trip. But as mentioned, Disney doesn't allow it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

WDWfan2012 is offline A-Ticket holder

Right, I have never done this before....I have always purchased the park hopper. In fact, I used to work the gates at Magic Kingdom on the College Program and am aware of the one park one day restrictions, I just wasn't sure if there was a way around it. Paying for one day tickets for multiple parks would be a lot more expense than just paying the park hopper option. It just makes less sense to me that a 10 day/1 park per day ticket is cheaper than a 5 day park hopper. Oh well, I guess I won't try it. Park Hopper it is!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

That's the spirit...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/