Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Birthday trip in 2015 in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm planning on going on my first WDW vacation for my birthday in 2015. My birthday is March 29, 1985 and I'll be turning 30. I grew up in Florida, ...
    disneygirl85 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Birthday trip in 2015

I'm planning on going on my first WDW vacation for my birthday in 2015. My birthday is March 29, 1985 and I'll be turning 30. I grew up in Florida, so I've been to the parks multiple times, but I haven't been in about 5 years now. Anyways, I have a few years to plan my dream birthday vacation, but I have no idea where to begin. I know I want to buy some travel books to WDW such as The Unofficial Guide to WDW as well as AJ Wolff's dining ebook, but I don't know if I should buy those books now and start planning tentatively or not. My vacation isn't until 2015 and I don't know how much will change from now until about a year out. Does anyone have advice for me? I want to make my 30th birthday the most magical one yet, and would also love to hear some fun birthday ideas. Thanks!
    Follow me on Twitter- @disneygirl85

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Birthday trip in 2015

I'm surprised that a fan was able to wait 30 years to first visit the parks!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I've been to the parks many times when I was growing up, but haven't been recently. Due to the lack of money, I haven't been able to completely immerse myself in the parks for a week and stay at a resort. That's why I listen to podcasts, watch Disney movies, and talk Disney all the time.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Glad to see you got your countdown sorted

It's great that you've got so much time to research and plan. I think you should treat yourself to a cheapish guide book just to get a feel for the parks but as so much could change in that time (for example Fantasyland will be fully up and running by your visit) I'd stick to websites, podcasts and videos for now....there's so much out there
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

I'm thinking of also purchasing Celebrations Magazine and getting the back editions as well to get a better feel for the parks as I'm sure many things have changed since I last visited. What are your opinions on this?

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I say get Celebrations Magazine, I love it. I have been planning my 18th birthday trip ( my birthday is also March 29th ) since 2008. As for the guide books, I say to kind of wait on getting them as pinkemma said.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Yayyyy! We have the same birthday. What kinds of things do you have planned for your birthday at WDW?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

You can do a lot of research on line here and All Ears until 2015 edition of the planning books are available.

Deveney is offline A-Ticket holder

My family and I went to Disney the week of Nov. 30th last year for my oldest son, Andrew, 13th birthday. He wanted to become an official "teenager" in Disney. He had such a BLAST, we went to Zazzle and everyone got T shirts, that said "It's my UN-Birthday" in black and Andrew being the superstar that he is, had his shirt say "It's MY BIRTHDAY!" in Red. There was no doubt ANYWHERE we went that EVERYONE knew it was a birthday party, between the shirts, his Mickey BDay ears hat,and the Birthday Pin.
    Andrew had no problem whatsoever showing EVERY cast member he could see that it was HIS birthday. And apparently his Birthday enthusiasm was contagious, cause a LOT of the Cast Members gave the family, VIP rides on some of the attractions, He got chosen for dang near, EVERY show in the parks that asked for volunteers. He had such a BLAST, and through proxy, the family got to ride his Birthday coat tails to some REALLY special memories.

I think the time of year we went was one of the best as far as crowds, weather, and such. They had the parks all done up for Christmas. So we got to experience Christmas at Disney "before" the insane crowds hit.

My youngest son, Nick, wants to turn 13 in WDW now as well. March 8, 2015. Which gives me plenty of time to make sure he has a GREAT time. My only side thought is that unlike November like my oldest. March is notorious for Spring Break, and I am sure that it will be bigger crowds and a bigger chunk out of the family's wallet cause I don't believe we will get value season.

As far as planning dinning and such this far out... I would honestly say, make a list of places you would like to visit, and then as it gets closer to the actual trip, then start putting that list into action. This far out though.... I would wager that menu's will change, attractions will change, etc. etc.

Hope you have a GREAT birthday at Disney in 2015.

Thank you soooo much for that, Deveney! It sounds like Andrew had an amazing time! The shirts, hat, and pin sound like so much fun! Where is Zazzle located? Do they have things like this at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney?

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

check out your local library for the guide books...that way you can "start" your general planning of like where you want to stay and the highlights you want to do. a lot will stay the same, as it has for 40 years, but some will change. but you can start to look at attrations you may want to visit, resturants that sound good, extra activities.

how long will you be going for, do you have an idea yet? that will help with your planing too.

allears is great to keep updates on as well as here at wdwradio, i also like studioscentral by matt hotchburg its all focused on hollywood studios.

your 30th is a great celebration...congrats!! i just celebrated my 32nd last month and my daughters 5th!

if you have any questions, please ask, we all are happy to help!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

The guidebook idea is great! To answer your questions, I'm planning on being there for 7 days and 6 nights.(How does that work anyways? LOL!) As for AllEars, I already pay attention to that as well as listen to the WDW Radio Show,WDW Today, and Dis Unplugged podcasts. I'm also going to subscribe to Celebrations magazine to get my WDW. Do you have any special suggestions for things to do on my birthday? I already know I want to be in Epcot on that day. Thanks for all the help!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl85 View Post
    Yayyyy! We have the same birthday. What kinds of things do you have planned for your birthday at WDW?
    On my birthday I am spending it in Magic Kingdom and the night at Epcot so I can eat at the pizza place in Italy.The rest of the weekend will be just chilling with my mom and dad. Then on the Tuesday after my birthday (its a Friday in 2013) I am meeting up with my High School band and spending the rest of the trip with the band. Of course I am going to wear my button the whole week I am there. On the weekend when I am before I

My dad toke my mom for her 40th birthday in 2008. She said it was the best trip ( I dont know if it was because she was there for her birthday or it was trip without my brother and I). She spent her day at Magic Kingdom. She said that almost every cast member she saw said happy birthday to her and a lot ask if they could take a picture with the special birthday girl. She told me that it was the best birthday ever.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Wow! Sounds like your mom had a great time! I can't wait for 2015 to come around. After thinking about it for a bit, I think I will spend my day at Epcot. It's my favorite park and Illuminations would be the perfect ending! I hope Disney will still have it in 2015.