Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Holiday Decorations in the Ask The Experts forums; I was wondering if anyone knew how long Disney usually leaves up the holiday decorations? I will be making a trip the first week of January (arriving the 2nd) with ...
    wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

Holiday Decorations

I was wondering if anyone knew how long Disney usually leaves up the holiday decorations? I will be making a trip the first week of January (arriving the 2nd) with someone who has never been during the holidays. I believe I read somewhere that I will catch Osbourne and the castle dream lights but what about everything else? When do they take down the gingerbread houses? I'm trying to plan the trip and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Holiday Decorations

I think you'll be good by the 2nd of January. You might want to call down to WDW just to get the official word, though. Anything posted here short of an official link is going to be an educated guess.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

They may still be up then, seeing as Jan 6 is the 12th day of Christmas
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Just like they go up, they go down, a bit at a time. I know at POR we have pictures of some of the decorations coming down like their Giant Wreath on Jan 2nd. By the time we left on the 7th, they were all down.

The big attractions like the castle and Osborne they have official end dates. The everyday decorations come down in sections, likely in the order they put them back into storage. I doubt they have offical end dates to most of the general decorations, too much has to do with weather EMH's etc. Other than at the hotels, we didn't seem them come down, they were just gone. At the hotels there were stacks waiting to be picked up by someone. We have a great picture of my DS peeking out from the wreath on the floor of POR lobby enterance.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I've been there for a few marathon weekend and the decorations have still been up in the resorts. It's a hit or miss type of thing. Some stuff will be up and some may be down. Not sure about the gingerbread house. You may want to go there the day you arrive to be on the safe side to see it.

I'm hoping the decorations are still up at the Boardwalk when we check in there on the
    5th.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't know if there is a schedule for resorts, if they take them down in some sort of order. Way long ago, back in 2002, I did a combination land/sea Disney cruise. We left at the beginning of January and the resorts were still decorated. We came back four days later, and there were still some decorations up at VWL on January 7.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.