Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss What is it?? in the Ask The Experts forums; Country Bear Jamboree and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea were E tickets back then. Consider that for a moment. Loved the Country Bears when I was younger, but an E ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: What is it??

Country Bear Jamboree and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea were E tickets back then. Consider that for a moment.

Loved the Country Bears when I was younger, but an E ticket?

Always thought 20K was a snoozer.

But, considering I was only five years old when Space Mountain opened I don't recall what it was like before then. I do truly miss the old Tomorrowland that I saw, though. Those white columns with the water jets as you entered from the hub were magnificent. The retro-futuristic, sparse styling with everything being white and blue. The Jetson's-like signage. The horrific, yet oddly endearing If You Had Wings with it's horrific, yet oddly endearing song. The original (for the MK) CoP with The Best Time of Your Life song. The Tomorrowland Terrace with Michael Iceberg playing his Iceberg Machine.

Really good stuff.

The Contemporary had that retro-future thing going for it back then as well. Every time I watch Kubrick's 2001, that space station sequence reminds me of the old Contemporary.

The sentimentalist side of me even misses the Swan Boats. Hey, if nothing else, you got views of the MK that you simply cannot get anymore.

I've been formulating a thread opener about things I miss most about WDW. It was a far different place back then.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 01-12-2012 at 06:14 PM.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Always thought 20K was a snoozer.

The sentimentalist side of me even misses the Swan Boats. Hey, if nothing else, you got views of the MK that you simply cannot get anymore.
    Agree on both points. That silly sub ride was awful. The boat was cramped and smelled. The ride itself was dreadful.

As for the swan boats, for a while I almost thought that I had imagined that they were there. I distinctly remember (though it's a bit fuzzy) remember both seeing and being on the ride. I don't remember the loading dock, though, and even today while I'm walking through the rose garden, I don't remember loading onto the boats from there.

Another memory I have, although I'm sure I am wrong, were two entrances for Snow White. For whatever reason, I remember two sets of stancheons, loading to the left and right, similar to how Toad also had two load areas. For Snow White, one started off in the mines, the other started off at the house. Can't figure out why I remember this, though, or why I even think it existed.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hmmmm...

Not sure about the two different entrances. Though, there were a lots of cars rolling around in there at that point, so you may be remembering correctly.

I simply don't recall.

Oh, and the Swan Boats bored me to tears when I was younger. But, looking back, that ride was a thing of beauty.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 01-13-2012 at 06:26 PM.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hey Jenn, do you or anyone else know of any good books or websites about the construction of WDW? I love looking at old construction pictures and reading about Walt and his vision and drive.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12