Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Fort wilderness campground in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello Disney world experts. We (my family) love to stay at Fort wilderness campground. Our last trip we had a bit of a delima. We love to get to the ...
    Am_hawthorne is offline A-Ticket holder

Fort wilderness campground

Hello Disney world experts. We (my family) love to stay at Fort wilderness campground. Our last trip we had a bit of a delima. We love to get to the parks early to see the morning shows at park opening , however, the boat launch to the Magic Kingdome does not leave early enough for our liking. My question is this... From Fort wilderness campground, how would you get to the Magic Kingdome to be there before the morning show.
    Any thoughts? Don't be afraid to be creative. We do have a vehicle and if breakfast is involved even better. Thanks for helping us.

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Re: Fort wilderness campground

The boat should leave at 7:30. The park opening isn't until 9. I can say, from experience that is more than enough time to get there in time for the Park Opening. My family has been using the boat for years.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Unfortunately the small boat launches that leave from the back of Ft. Wilderness start only 30 minutes before park opening. The ride is lovely however it takes about 20 minutes.
    Did they change their schedule since last year?

Thanks so much for helping us.
    Last edited by Am_hawthorne; 01-16-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks!

You don't want to take the main boat that leaves from the dock? Those start 1.5 hrs before park opening and the first boat usually isn't that crowded.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

At Fort Wilderness Campground I only know of one dock for boat launches. I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to. I've checked the map of Fort Wildernesss and I don't see any other boat launches. The boat to the Magic Kingdom leaves 30 minutes before park opening(This is the GREEN route) It goes from Disney's Fort Wilderness resort and campground, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, And the Magic kingdom. Operates 30 minutes before Park opens and will pick up at the Magic Kingdome until 1 hour and 15 minutes after park closes . There is another boat that goes to the Contemporary resort and then sails to the Wilderness Lodge. (The BLUE route) This second boat does not go to the Magic Kinkdom.

Are you thinking of the big ferry boats that leave from the TTC (transportation and ticket center) those boats do not go to Fort Wilderness.

I do appreciate you trying to help however, I'm not sure if we are on the same page.
    Keep in mind we are RVers Staying at the campground there is no Bus service directly to the Magic Kingdom and the GREEN route boat launch starts only 30 minutes before park opening.

The boat I've always taken from Ft. Wilderness leaves 90 minutes before park opening and goes right to MK from the campground. It is not the ferry boat. It does not pick up from Wilderness Lodge either.

I camp at Ft. Wilderness as well and I feel like the last time I was there we picked up a boat at 730 to get to the park in time for park opening. It might have changed since the last time I was there, but I don't know.

I am thinking for the large motor cruisers you take that are on the left-hand side of the dock.

I know when I took the boat last time I was there, I made it to Magic Kingdom with PLENTY of time for the park opening.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

I've done some research and it says it does operate 30 minutes before park opening.

I was incorrect. I don't remember that though because I know we took the boat the last time I was there and we go to the park around 8:25-8:30. I am not sure how that was possible but we did.

The only other way you could get there is to take the small boats to the Contemporary then walk from the COntemporary to MK. The small small boats start running at 7am from the research I've done.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations