Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Help with Coronado Springs in the Ask The Experts forums; My wife, two kids (3 & 10), and I are planning to visit May 24th-June 4th. We have stayed at the French Quarter our past two visits but plan to ...
    RJPiner is offline A-Ticket holder

Help with Coronado Springs

My wife, two kids (3 & 10), and I are planning to visit May 24th-June 4th. We have stayed at the French Quarter our past two visits but plan to stay at Coronado Springs for our upcoming trip. Please let me know the pros and cons of the resort, which building is the best to request for, and which bus stops to use. Also, does any one know of a site that might have any information on what conventions (if any that close to Memorial Day) might be held at the resort during that time. Thank you so much!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Help with Coronado Springs

Welcome to the boards! For one, you can start here - http://coronado.forumotion.com/. (Main page doesn't seem to be working) but you can click on the convention list as it scrolls by. We love this resort. If you can get the Cabanas, that's your best bet. Some of the Casistas are close too. Walking has never bothered us. The rooms went under a refurbishment just a couple of years ago. The grounds are beautiful! One huge pool and 3 quiet pools. It also has a good size gift shop. My son used the excercise room every day we were there, actually the same time you're going. Although the resort is a convention resort, of all the times we've stayed there, it made no impact. Coronado never seems crowded even on busy days. They have two places to eat. The Maya Grill and the Pepper Market. Some people don't like the Pepper Market do to the Cafeteria style dining, but the food is good. I always love walking around the resort early in the morning. We've never been too far from the buses but like anything we've had to wait up to 30 minutes at times. But don't let that discourage you from staying here.
    Last edited by Disney05; 01-29-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The Coronado Springs web page is just a glitch it appears. My McAfee is catching it as a pop up vs a home page. All you have to do is allow the pop up and the home page does appear.

Buzz2001 from that sight also posted this thread here on WDW Radio's form a little bit a go.

Pepper Market at CSR
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Am_hawthorne is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi RJ There are a couple of things to think of when staying at a resort of this size. Think of the things that will make the vacation great for your family. For instance do you need to be near the restaurants or does your family enjoy the excitement of the main pool? Will you need easy access to Disney transportation? I wish i could give you an easy answer but I don't know what your family needs.
    I can tell you that when my family stayed at Coronado Springs my daughter was 4 years old, we were in the Casitas #4 a bit of a hike to the main pool, however, we only used it once during our stay. We found the quiet pool (just steps away) suited our needs much better (our daughter was too small for the main pool). The real plus for our family was the bus stop. Bus stop #2 is actually the first stop for empty buses to pick up passengers for the parks. We never had to wait long and always had seats together. The bus stop was also very close to our door, no big long hikes with a weary child. A few times we exited the bus at the lobby / restaurant / shops called el centro (bus stop 1= the forth stop in the resort) and had lunch or dinner picked up a few things at the shops and walked back to our room past gardens and fountains, lovely.
    We really enjoyed this resort. I found web sites like all ears.net and wdwinfo.com very helpful. I also like the book "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" by Bob Sehlinger with Len Testa
    No matter what you and your family will have a magical vacation! I hope I was able to help in any way.

am_hawthorne

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

A word on Pepper Market...I used to LOVE this place when I was younger. Not so much anymore. Because the resort boasts a HUGE convention center and taking into account that most conventioneers don't have the time to travel elsewhere to obtain food, Disney takes advantage of this by tacking on a nice 18% gratuity charge straight out of the gate. Your server gets you your drink but that's it. The rest is up to you. It's quick service treated as a sit down. My advice, ditch meals at Pepper Market and head elsewhere for dining.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

When we stayed here, we were on the dining plan, and we loved Pepper Market as a quick service meal. I've been tempted to head back for a lunch there, but just haven't made the time. Also, the resort is rumored to have the best Margaritas on property. We loved the Mayan pool and went several times. And the resort at night is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!
    The only con for us was the bus waits did seem to take forever, but that's pretty much every resort, right? Loved the beds, loved the atmosphere, loved the whole place.
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

For the 3 year old, I would bring an umbrella stroller. I was there last week. It is a hike for adults let alone tiny, tired legs. I did, several times jump on the bus, as the main building is the last stop, to get coffee etc.

If I stay here again I will stay in either building that is adjacent to the main building. It is a very pretty resort, just huge.

The bus transportation was disappointing. In the morning we waited 40-50 minutes a few days for a bus. My last two days, less than 20. There buses fall off their schedule on a regular basis. You can wait forever and then see 3 Epcot buses within 10 minutes. Disney needs to work on that.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

itsepcotcenter is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi RJPiner,
    First I think you made an excellent choice deciding to stay at Coronado Springs. I have stayed there many times and am about to stay there again next week.
    Ask for a cabana in 9A or 9B buildings. These are short walks to the pool and dig site (which your kids will like) and also a short walk to the main building that has the store with a decent pantry. The Pepper market is pretty good, large selection of food so everyone can be happy. I have never been disappointed.
    Don't worry about the conventions. I have never noticed if there was or wasn't a convention happening when I have stayed there.
    I don't know too much about the busses as I have driven and had my own transportation. I did wait for a bus once and it did take a long time, so long that I think I decided to just go get my car keys and drive. That might be the biggest negative that I have.
    Have fun!

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just wanted to amend my earlier comment. We went to Disney in late April and did go back to Peppers Market for lunch. They had changed it to a buffet since the last time I'd been there - a year before. The buffet was not as great as the restaurant was before.

I still love this resort and think it's gorgeous and an amazing place to stay... but I will only eat at Peppers at night when they serve the old style dining.
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

I had never stayed their before this trip in April. My feeling is this new buffet has really discombobulated the resorts dining options. Few guests at the buffets and way, way too many trying to get through the small area of the Rex. Disney says the guests are giving positive feed back, I wasn't seeing positive while I was there.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

if u get the dining plan deff go to the pepper market , one of the best places to eat on the whole resort
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    A word on Pepper Market...I used to LOVE this place when I was younger. Not so much anymore. Because the resort boasts a HUGE convention center and taking into account that most conventioneers don't have the time to travel elsewhere to obtain food, Disney takes advantage of this by tacking on a nice 18% gratuity charge straight out of the gate. Your server gets you your drink but that's it. The rest is up to you. It's quick service treated as a sit down. My advice, ditch meals at Pepper Market and head elsewhere for dining.
    Those convention-geared hotels will get you every time.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1014 View Post
    if u get the dining plan deff go to the pepper market , one of the best places to eat on the whole resort
    For dinner yes. Breakfast and lunch, I beg to differ. Considering the vast size of the resort you have very few choices to receive the honor of "one of the best places to eat on the whole resort."

Other than Pepper what is left, the sit down, from what I saw the convention folk. Other than Peppers Buffet for breakfast and lunch your only choice would be the very tiny Rex, that has a dinky grill, with willfully small choices compared to other moderate resorts and is painfully slow in morning and evening. Or late morning and afternoon the pool stand.

I didn't enjoy the buffet however I can't say it was awful. You can just spend your dining credit elsewhere while on the dining plan and receive much better food and not have to tip at a self serve venue.