Hey guys, hopefully I'm posting this in the right place, but if not please move it! My wife and I just booked our first WDW trip and are beyond excited. We live in Las Vegas, NV and visit DL in Cali often because we love Disney! Now we finally have a chance to visit WDW! With neither of us ever being there, we have several questions.
1. We are flying Southwest airlines. We never fly so is there anything we should know beforehand such as checking in, luggage issues, seating, etc?
2. We are staying offsite at the Clarion Inn @ Lake Buena Vista. Has anyone stayed at this hotel or know of it?
3. We are staying 3/20 - 3/26 but the first and last day are pretty much travel days so really 5 days of playing. We are thinking of getting a 5 day ticket. I'm guessing we don't need park hopper since it will probably take us at least the whole day to play in each park. We were also thinking of maybe just purchasing a 4 day ticket and the 1 day to Universal/Island of Adventure. Any thoughts?
4. Doesn't look like we need to rent a car since transportation is provided by the hotel to all the theme parks. Any tips on using shuttle service to get around? Is it really practical?
5. Should we consider using the Disney Dining plan? Is it worth it? What restaurants are must-dos both inside and outside of Disney?
6. I'm sure we will have more questions as our vacations get closer but any other tips/advice will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone!! :-D