Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Stitch and EO Fastpasses in the Ask The Experts forums; I was trying to figure this out last week, and couldn't figure it out for the life of me; why do these two shows even have Fastpass stations? Granted, the ...
    clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Stitch and EO Fastpasses

I was trying to figure this out last week, and couldn't figure it out for the life of me; why do these two shows even have Fastpass stations? Granted, the FP's are never available (stations are always covered), but were they ever anything to need FP's to in the first place? I realize that the EO one was for HISTA as well, but I can't imagine having to get a Fastpass for that, either.

Needing a Fastpass to do Stitch is almost laughable. Even as busy as the parks were last week, the FP stations were closed. What were they ever thinking?
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Stitch and EO Fastpasses

I thought of them as "bonus" FPs in their respective lands to help distribute crowds, not becuase there was such high demand.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I think they are a bit of a legacy - they had FPs when the attractions (or their predecessors) first opened, but they don't really need them any more except on the most busiest of days.

EO is a people-eater - it has a decent capacity. I think the FP would be more popular if you could bypass the pre-show though
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The EO theater is indeed a people eater. I remember when they opened HISTA and for several years after the line was out the door, it was very popular and even with the high capacity you could wait through several shows before you gained entry to the pre-show. EO seemed to only draw for a short time after it reopened on its second coming.

Stitch is just bad. I'm not a big fan of the misleading Bonus Fastpass. I understand Disney's thought process, it is just misleading their guests, kinda icky.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

It was busy when I was down there last week, but EO wasn't really close to packed out, from what I saw (I did it 3 times!). I wonder if they've ever issued FP's for that place as Capt. EO? The preshow is kind of irritating to stand through after seeing it once, IMO

I'm guessing the Stitch FP stations were originally for ETAE, or at least I hope.

Last week I got a Fastpass for Winnie The Pooh (which I had never done before, never needed one) and got a "bonus" for Mickey's Philharmagic both times. Wow, thanks a lot
    Last edited by clj2; 03-19-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

I always thought that one of the reasons Disney has Fastpass machines at attractions such as Stitch, Philharmagic, EO, etc. is so they can say "we offer fastpass at x amount of attractions". If you look at the studios there are actually only three, maybe four attractions that make sense to have fastpass at, yet some attractions on the guidemaps such as Voyage and other shows still say they offer fastpass (even though the machines are rarely ever used!)
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    I always thought that one of the reasons Disney has Fastpass machines at attractions such as Stitch, Philharmagic, EO, etc. is so they can say "we offer fastpass at x amount of attractions". If you look at the studios there are actually only three, maybe four attractions that make sense to have fastpass at, yet some attractions on the guidemaps such as Voyage and other shows still say they offer fastpass (even though the machines are rarely ever used!)
    There was a time when Fastpass WAS used extensively at those attractions, and it was useful. I remember the lines at VOTLM, and having a Fastpass for a particular 10 minute interval.

So even though they aren't necessarily used often, or at all, Disney has no reason to really remove them at the current time, so they are there if needed. If a new attraction is added and they need FP kiosks, they'll take them out and reuse them.

I don't think there is any requirement to advertise some sort of critical level of attractions that have it.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news