Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Resort card question.. in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi all, Just about time for us! We are heading out in 7 days to WDW! I had a quick question for those of you that might have just gotten ...
    Crazyoverdisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Resort card question..

Hi all,
    Just about time for us! We are heading out in 7 days to WDW!

I had a quick question for those of you that might have just gotten back, or have been recently. In past trips we have always gotten our resort cards. The "Your Key to the World" cards. I know that they are now using them for the extra magic hours. But my question is are they using them for anything else now? I can't remember in all our many trips ever having to use them for anything, except for our room keys of course. I was told that they were originally going to be used as proof of staying at a resort hotel in order to use the WDW transportation. But we have never been asked to show ours.
    Also for those that have been recently..how did the extra magic hours deal work. I know you have to go to a special location, and show your ticket and resort card to get your bracelet. But do they scan them or anything, or just look to make sure you have one? I was looking back at some of our old ones (yes I keep everything) and noticed they all had my mothers name on them..since she was the one to make the reservations.

Thanks for all the help! Can't wait to get there!! My first trip since 2002...and my husbands first trip since 1999!! Boy does he have withdraw!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    not sure about the EMHours but I do know that if you make resrvations with a credit card you can have your purcahses at shops and some food places charged to your room.....

also if you have opted for the dining plan that is on your card and they just take off the ones you use.....

and if you have bought your tickets thru the central reservations that is on your card also...big plus for me so i have less to carry
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Depending on your resort, you may need to show it to gain access to the pool area.

Otherwise, depending on your admission media, you may have the admission media put on your Key to the World, in which case, you use it at the turnstile (the turnstile reads the magnetic strip on it).

You can also leave a credit card at the front desk, and then use your key to the world for charging privileges, up to a credit line extended by the resort. Ask at checkin. You can designate certain keys for charging (ie, give older children permission to charge to the account), if you trust them enough - it can be better than cash if they understand how it works.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I just went recently. And so far the CMs are inconsistent with checking your room key for evening EMHs. OKW is checking resort IDs to get towels for their pool.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyoverdisney
    Hi all,
    Just about time for us! We are heading out in 7 days to WDW!

I had a quick question for those of you that might have just gotten back, or have been recently. In past trips we have always gotten our resort cards. The "Your Key to the World" cards. I know that they are now using them for the extra magic hours. But my question is are they using them for anything else now? I can't remember in all our many trips ever having to use them for anything, except for our room keys of course. I was told that they were originally going to be used as proof of staying at a resort hotel in order to use the WDW transportation. But we have never been asked to show ours.
    Also for those that have been recently..how did the extra magic hours deal work. I know you have to go to a special location, and show your ticket and resort card to get your bracelet. But do they scan them or anything, or just look to make sure you have one? I was looking back at some of our old ones (yes I keep everything) and noticed they all had my mothers name on them..since she was the one to make the reservations.

Thanks for all the help! Can't wait to get there!! My first trip since 2002...and my husbands first trip since 1999!! Boy does he have withdraw!
    Welcome to the boards!!! Don't make the mistake of showing your room keys to the bus drivers. DW and I did that in 1996 when we first stayed on-property and I think the driver is still laughing.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    In pass trips the Room key has been my credit card, park ticket (and for fast passes), PI ticket and room key. It was the only card I needed to carry.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    (though adults should carry ID with them, in case of a problem with the card... )

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    I just went recently. And so far the CMs are inconsistent with checking your room key for evening EMHs.
    I think that was the problem with EMHs. People didn't need to show their room key, and it was almost like the first 90,000 people to find a CM with wrist straps get to stay in the park and wait in even longer lines... Bring back E-Ride Nights, please!!!!

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :