Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss I have a couple questions in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi! I'm going to Disney World in July, and I'll be there when the 6th Harry Potter book is released. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a place ...
    karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have a couple questions

Hi! I'm going to Disney World in July, and I'll be there when the 6th Harry Potter book is released. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a place where I could buy the book while I'm there. I assume Virgin Megastore, but I'm not positive. Also, do you think they'll do the Midnight Release thing? (We have no way to leave Disney property, by the way.)

Also, I remember a parade in Epcot that had extravagent costumes, men walking on springy stilt-like things, giant circulating drums, etc. I was just curious what the name of that parade is called, and if Epcot still has it.

Okay, one more thing, are the Extra Magic Hours for on-site guests worth it? I remember the morning ones from my last visit, but they didn't have evening Extra Magic at the time.

Thanks to anyone who helps me!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I don't know about getting HP books in WDW. Sorry.

Tapestry of Nations/Dreams is no more. Epcot does not have a parade.

We felt EMH our recent trip a few weeks ago was not worth it during the evenings. It was too crowded, but I think the daytime heat/rain forced more resorts guests to take advantage of it. YMMV.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thanks for answering. I decided to ask that book question on here because I had no idea where else I could find the information.

I'm sad I won't get to see that parade again, because I thought it was amazing.

I figured the Extra Magic Hours would be extremely crowded still. It still may be nice to get in a few more hours at the parks, though.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    UK in Epcot sells the Harry Potter books. Not sure if they'll have the new one as soon as the rest of the world, but it can't hurt to check.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    You might call WDW Merchandise to find out. Or, pre-order it and have it shipped to your hotel.

WDW Merchandise (mail-order number, but they may be able to point you in the right direction...) 1-800-272-6201

Or call the WDW main information line/switchboard: 407 824 4321

Oh, I bet they have the UK covers, too. That'd be kind of neat to see. I could be wrong, though.

I'm so excited about this trip!

IIRC, they had the US versions, but my memory is fuzzy.

Park Hopper is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    Also, I remember a parade in Epcot that had extravagent costumes, men walking on springy stilt-like things, giant circulating drums, etc. I was just curious what the name of that parade is called, and if Epcot still has it.
    The final performance of the Tapestry of Dreams parade was March 1, 2003. Tapestry of Dreams, part of the 100 Years of Magic Celebration, was a slightly shortened version of Tapestry of Nations, which was created for the Millennium Celebration. Sadly, Epcot hasn't had a parade since Dreams ended.

You can still hear the music from the parade, though. The chant from Tapestry of Nations/Dreams now serves as the park exit music for Epcot every night after the conclusion of the Illuminations fireworks show.

The Tapestry of Nations song as posted here is presented in its entirety and is a fairly long download. It takes about two minutes of playing before it gets to the part that many of us are so familiar with. Please be patient, and enjoy!!
    30 Minutes from the Mouse

1547820197 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i don't know about hp books in wdw i don't even think there are hp books there sorry
    LOL i don't know what to put on here

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    Oh, I bet they have the UK covers, too. That'd be kind of neat to see. I could be wrong, though.

I'm so excited about this trip!
    FYI: We bought the last edition of Harry Potter in the UK and found that the book size is not the same as the US version. It's a little shorter in size than the rest of our set. Just wanted you to be aware of that should UK in Epcot sell the UK version.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.