Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Downtown Disney shuttle bus? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi. First post. I'm staying at the Downtown Disney Hilton (next week! hooray!) and I have a question about the shuttle from there to MK and Epcot. Does the shuttle ...
    riff is offline A-Ticket holder

Downtown Disney shuttle bus?

Hi. First post.

I'm staying at the Downtown Disney Hilton (next week! hooray!) and I have a question about the shuttle from there to MK and Epcot.

Does the shuttle drop off at the TTC or directly at the entrance to the parks? I'm trying to figure out how early to get on the bus so if the drop-off is at the TTC I think I'll need to budget more time to get there. ?

Thanks in advance from an overplanner!

Riff

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Downtown Disney shuttle bus?

Their pick up points are far. Taking the bus to the parks is excellent though, actually more timely than most resort buses and they are coaches, cool and very nice.

What we did when leaving, went to the closest Disney Hotel, like the Contemporary from MK via walk way which takes you right to their bus stop. We hopped the bus to DownTownDisney and crossed the street to the Hilton. You should enjoy the Hilton. It is a very upscale hotel, the rooms are very large and very, very comfy beds. Linens and towels upscale.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thanks very much, HauntedGabe.

So you don't have to be a guest at the Contemporary to take their bus back to Downtown Disney? Would I be able to do the same thing to return from Epcot? I'm looking at a map and it seems like it's a short walk from the International Gateway to the Boardwalk, so I could take the Boardwalk bus back to Downtown Disney on Epcot day, if it's possible.

I might rent a car for a couple of days too. Do you know if I could park it at the Boardwalk, have dinner there or something from the pizza window, and then walk to Epcot to watch Illuminations? Do they let you leave a car there for a few hours?

Thanks for all your help, it's totally appreciated!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

once you are on a disney resort or a park... you can take their buses anywhere on property... no one asks...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Thanks very much, HauntedGabe.

So you don't have to be a guest at the Contemporary to take their bus back to Downtown Disney? Would I be able to do the same thing to return from Epcot? I'm looking at a map and it seems like it's a short walk from the International Gateway to the Boardwalk, so I could take the Boardwalk bus back to Downtown Disney on Epcot day, if it's possible.

I might rent a car for a couple of days too. Do you know if I could park it at the Boardwalk, have dinner there or something from the pizza window, and then walk to Epcot to watch Illuminations? Do they let you leave a car there for a few hours?

Thanks for all your help, it's totally appreciated!
    I believe they have clamped down on some of the parking around the Boardwalk just for that reason. It is earlier to do at other resorts with parking a car for a meal though but they do have a list of who holds sit down dining reservations to park. It was checked by the security guard that we were holding reservations at the Wave in the Contemporary. If you were going to walk from the World Showcase to a hotel for transportation to DTD I'd pick the Yacht and Beach, Boardwalk buses to DTD tend to be very crowded at night because so many people go to the Boardwalk for night entertainment, unless you plan to experience some of the night life at Boardwalk of course. From MGM I'd take a bus to POR and take the riverboat back to DTD, it is lovely in the evening. AK, I'd take the to POR, Key West or FC as they are pretty close to DTD. AK is about 12 miles from the MK so I'd avoid transferring to those hotels to get back to DTD.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Great info, good to know.

I hope that someday this will all be second nature to me. lol

Off to type out all of my notes...

Thank you again, you've been a huge help.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

BTW, welcome to the site.

Talking Re: Downtown Disney shuttle bus?

Thanks for the welcome. I love it here already.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Good... Glad you got some useful info...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/