Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Scooters in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi All! Planning on a trip down in February of 2013. We would like to invite my Mom, yet she is 76 and having a hard time walking great distances ...
    TowerTony is offline A-Ticket holder

Scooters

Hi All! Planning on a trip down in February of 2013. We would like to invite my Mom, yet she is 76 and having a hard time walking great distances as is required in WDW. Do you all have any recommendations on scooter rentals? We will be staying at either SOG or POR Riverside. Thanks in advance!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Scooters

We rented from Apple Scooter for my FiL in December 2010. It was waiting for us at the resort, and easily fit in the trunk of the rental so we didn't have to worry about getting it on/off the bus too many times.

FAR cheaper than renting the in-park scooters too.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

We used Walker Mobility. They delivered it to the timeshare and then we just dropped it off before we left. It worked great! It did take two people to load it into the car (and out of) but was wonderful for my mom to use. She couldn't have walked that much at all.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I've heard good things about Walker as well.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news