Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW neglected? in the Ask The Experts forums; Yeah, but learning what? "Hey, I know! We'll build another resort hotel!", isn't exactly rocket science. It's like taking a shovel full of dirt away from a mountain....
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: WDW neglected?

Yeah, but learning what?

"Hey, I know! We'll build another resort hotel!", isn't exactly rocket science.

It's like taking a shovel full of dirt away from a mountain.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

How many resorts does Universal have on property...? Compare that to WDW...? Listen let's just keep something in mind... The point of this thread is to discuss if WDW is being neglected... Now in my opinion The thread isn't about the competition between Disney and Universal because there really isn't one yet... I could almOst safely guarantee that if Universal became a threat the Disney company would treat it as such... Let's see what the next year brings... We may not be talking about WDW being neglected in August of 2013 and beyond...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I could almOst safely guarantee that if Universal became a threat the Disney company would treat it as such...
    WHAT?! You mean the leader in the theme park industry for over 50 years probably knows what they're doing?

B-but, people laughed at Steve Jobs, I tell you!

And I'm typing this post from a Mac.

What do you have to say NOW, Mr. JNota? (if, in fact, that is your real name...)

I'm typing this one on an iPhone and my last one was on a Mac... That's just about it I think...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Great...

So, in other words, the terrorists have won.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    WHAT?! You mean the leader in the theme park industry for over 50 years probably knows what they're doing?

B-but, people laughed at Steve Jobs, I tell you!

And I'm typing this post from a Mac.

What do you have to say NOW, Mr. JNota? (if, in fact, that is your real name...)
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I'm typing this one on an iPhone and my last one was on a Mac... That's just about it I think...
    So you both are responding to a thread that originally was about WDW being neglected and maybe the market leader taking it's #1 spot for granted that has been hijacked and turned into a Disney vs. Universal battle using technology from a company that at one time was considered to be inferior to the market leader and passed up those industry leaders to become the leader in that industry. Talk about irony.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Irony?

Where is the irony?

Jobs took an existing platform from Xerox and turned it into something completely new. Jobs WAS in on the ground floor of personal computing. He started building them the day they started being built. That was when the personal computer industry began. There was nobody else leading it before then. It didn't exist.

Did Universal start in the business in 1955? And I say "business" because I still don't consider Universal parks to be theme parks. If they are, then so are Six Flags parks. They are amusement parks trying desperately, after all these years, to become a WDW peer.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 07-11-2012 at 12:05 PM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    So you both are responding to a thread that originally was about WDW being neglected and maybe the market leader taking it's #1 spot for granted that has been hijacked and turned into a Disney vs. Universal battle using technology from a company that at one time was considered to be inferior to the market leader and passed up those industry leaders to become the leader in that industry. Talk about irony.
    Kudos! I used Steve Jobs as a reference of discounting the little guy in a field of untouchable leaders in their industry as a counterpoint to the salad bar at 7/11 reference.

Sometimes. I really don't believe Disney knew what they were doing when they built Cali. Look what they had to do to fix that mess of a park. Disney also had to add Everest to save an ill thought out, non air condition free park. I love Everest, don't get me wrong just an odd choice of theming for a park themed around animals unless that operational failure called Yeti was the stretch to tie it in? I'm not sure I'd agree Disney knows what they are doing with the Wharf either. Building DVC, this generation of Disney imagineers and executives have nailed that. I do give kudos to the former imagineers they knew how to create the best of the best in Disneyland and the MK along with Epcot, until the new generation revised Future Worlds direction. That lead us to the current offerings and lack luster interest even by corporate sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    How many resorts does Universal have on property...? Compare that to WDW...? Listen let's just keep something in mind... The point of this thread is to discuss if WDW is being neglected... Now in my opinion The thread isn't about the competition between Disney and Universal because there really isn't one yet... I could almOst safely guarantee that if Universal became a threat the Disney company would treat it as such... Let's see what the next year brings... We may not be talking about WDW being neglected in August of 2013 and beyond...
    I believe addressing is relevant since FLE and Avatar along with the Wharf were responses to Universals announcements of expansions. FLE to HP, Avatar to HP 2nd expansion and the Wharf to the expansion and update of City Walk. Disney use to lead and everyone else use to try to catch up. Now, Disney is in that position. I agree it will not be answered for a good 5 years who ends with the better product that sustains the test of time and draws more guests.

I just saw this beautiful picture of part of the FLE expansion. I'm sure it cost a mint. Can someone tell me how guests will be engaged in this chunk of the FLE? What is it, food, gifts, attraction?
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/...antasyland.htm
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Irony?

Where is the irony?

Jobs took an existing platform from Xerox and turned it into something completely new. Jobs WAS in on the ground floor of personal computing. He started building them the day they started being built. That was when the personal computer industry began. There was nobody else leading it before then. It didn't exist.

Did Universal start in the business in 1955? And I say "business" because I still don't consider Universal parks to be theme parks. If they are, then so are Six Flags parks. They are amusement parks trying desperately, after all these years, to become a WDW peer.
    And now you respect my Steve Jobs reference? Thanks.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    Kudos! I used Steve Jobs as a reference of discounting the little guy in a field of untouchable leaders in their industry as a counterpoint to the salad bar at 7/11 reference.
    Right, and you were completely incorrect.

Steve Jobs was never "the little guy" in the industry he had almost single-handedly created. He had some down years when he left Apple, but that was it.

Again, since the industry hadn't existed before Jobs essentially stole Windows from Xerox, there no leaders to overtake. And since then, there has never been an untouchable leader.

Disney theme parks have gone relatively unchallenged for over 50 years.

Huge, huge, HUGE difference there.

But, let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And now you respect my Steve Jobs reference? Thanks.
    Um, no. I found it laughable.

LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Sometimes. I really don't believe Disney knew what they were doing when they built Cali. Look what they had to do to fix that mess of a park. Disney also had to add Everest to save an ill thought out, non air condition free park. I love Everest, don't get me wrong just an odd choice of theming for a park themed around animals unless that operational failure called Yeti was the stretch to tie it in? I'm not sure I'd agree Disney knows what they are doing with the Wharf either. Building DVC, this generation of Disney imagineers and executives have nailed that. I do give kudos to the former imagineers they knew how to create the best of the best in Disneyland and the MK along with Epcot, until the new generation revised Future Worlds direction. That lead us to the current offerings and lack luster interest even by corporate sponsors.

I believe addressing is relevant since FLE and Avatar along with the Wharf were responses to Universals announcements of expansions. FLE to HP, Avatar to HP 2nd expansion and the Wharf to the expansion and update of City Walk. Disney use to lead and everyone else use to try to catch up. Now, Disney is in that position. I agree it will not be answered for a good 5 years who ends with the better product that sustains the test of time and draws more guests.

I just saw this beautiful picture of part of the FLE expansion. I'm sure it cost a mint. Can someone tell me how guests will be engaged in this chunk of the FLE? What is it, food, gifts, attraction?
    http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fantasyland/News/10Jul2012-PHOTO---First-look-at-the-near-complete-Prince-Eric's-Castle-in-the-new-Fantasyland.htm
    Its the front of the Little Mermaid attraction

LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder

Right, and you were completely incorrect.

Steve Jobs was never "the little guy" in the industry he had almost single-handedly created. He had some down years when he left Apple, but that was it.

Again, since the industry hadn't existed before Jobs essentially stole Windows from Xerox, there no leaders to overtake. And since then, there has never been an untouchable leader.

Disney theme parks have gone relatively unchallenged for over 50 years.

Huge, huge, HUGE difference there.

But, let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good story.
    Would you consider those down years? when he left Apple.... If I recall correctly Steve Jobs helped start the Pixar studios during those so called "down years" lol

Um, well...he bought what would become known as Pixar from Lucasfilms during that time. So, I suppose that's a fair point.

Though, I guess it is curious that Pixar's computer hardware was a flop (even with Disney buying a lot of it).

How about "rebuilding years"?

i like rebuilding years... ok but lets get something straight... FLE is not a response to HP... fair point that Avatarland might very well be (taking the highest grossing film of all time... smart but thats another conversation... not that this one hasn't morphed 10 times by now) and Wharf (though shelved) is not a "response" to CityWalk... more it as acceptance... Disney doesn't have that 20's-3-'s club scene anymore... they don't seem to want it... if they did they would have kept something in the form of Pleasure Island around... Disney being smart has realized that the % of families on vacation far outweigh the young couples/and or singles coming to central Orlando (though i am in this group)... they are trying to maximize the people staying on property's time, and keep their money rolling in... heres the deal... the only place i feel is neglected in WDW is Epcot... this is simply because Disney seems to want to keep the sponsorship of pavilions going... i wonder if they just took control of some of these pavilions themselves if they could get them refurbished and updated... yeh I'm talking to you JiI, WoL and UoE...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast