Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW neglected? in the Ask The Experts forums; The only way to upstage Universal would be to beat them at their own game. WDW tried this long ago when they made Alien Encounter....
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: WDW neglected?

The only way to upstage Universal would be to beat them at their own game. WDW tried this long ago when they made Alien Encounter.

LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Ya, the ME was marketing genius. All of the transportation within the resort and from the airport is loaded against room price, so even though the guest is actually paying for it if they use it or not, not having a separate charge for the ME makes guest feel like they are getting something for free and jump on it. Brilliant.
    this may be true but i still find it cheaper using all Disney offers in transportation considering gas prices these days plus Disney has an Alamo car rental place right behind the Magic Kingdom Hess Station if you really feel the need to leave Disney...but really why would you lol!
    JAKE

LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    My error in not designating between parks at WDW. I'm still confused by what they're doing at Universal. Now that Jaws is gone and HP encroaching on the Universal side, I take it that the new back of HP is going to come right up to the waterway? Jaws was primarily a water-based ride with the facades of the landscape along the edges, plus whatever else was tucked back there. I don't know if the expansion truly required removing Jaws, unless they plan on including a water ride or something.

Again, with ME, I would think most people are going to hit all four parks anyway. The thing here is, they go to DHS and AK either once each or do both in one day. Then they spend the rest of their Magic Your Way ticket (another brilliant move tricking people into buying length-of-stay passes) at Epcot or more likely MK. So when they say that MK gets the most visitors, I don't know if that's unique visits, or is it one visit for the other parks and then four visits to MK per person per trip. I believe AK saw more traffic than DCA did if I remember correctly. Though there again, most of DL's traffic is local. Why fly six hours from the east coast to CA to see Mickey when the 2 hour flight to FL is more cost effective and is easier, plus there is a heck of a lot more to see there.

if you realize it or not every ticket is unique and linked to only your finger print so I'm sure if the same ticket gets swiped at the same park the same day they can track it and only count it as 1 guest not multiple.
    JAKE

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I'm with mike here... CA had to do something to bring people there... Mickey a 6 hour plan ride away doesn't do the trick... Carsland may have become the trump are sorely lacked...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

WDW neglected. Things to consider
    1. FLE is a big investment no doubt
    2. The stagnant DTD re-vamp/Hyperion Wharf project has lost all momentum
    3. Disco Yeti, it won't get fixed until another E attraction is up and running Avatar maybe.
    4. Speaking of Avatar, still not betting that it will develop, there are sequels int he future but I question if you can capture lightning in a bottle again.
    5. DHS
    - The Backlot Tour continues to moulder
    - Amercian Idol was brought in as the show itself started to sink, poor timing.
    6. EPCOT needs TLC
    - Journey into Imagination, I don't recall hearing anything positive about, i didn't enjoy it
    - WoL Pavillion the new season/festival HQs, wasn't Odessey originally supposed to be that?
    - Odessey - honestly what doe sit really get used for other than the first aid station/restrooms/babychaning?
    - Energy Pavilion - does it get any repeat traffic? The dinosaur part is cool other than that, it gets skipped by repeat visitors
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    WDW neglected. Things to consider:
    1. FLE is a big investment no doubt
    NICE THAT THEY'RE FINALLY DOING SOMETHING WITH THAT SPACE. THE SUBMARINE RIDE CLOSED DOWN DECADES AGO AND ALL THEY DID WAS GIVE US WASTED GROTTO AND PLAYGROUND AREAS.
    2. The stagnant DTD re-vamp/Hyperion Wharf project has lost all momentum
    D-E-A-D
    3. Disco Yeti, it won't get fixed until another E attraction is up and running Avatar maybe.
    HAVE THEY COMPLETED THE REPAIRS? NOT YETI.
    4. Speaking of Avatar, still not betting that it will develop, there are sequels int he future but I question if you can capture lightning in a bottle again.
    STILL HAVE A REAL PROBLEM WITH THIS ONE BEING IN AK. UNLESS I'M MISSING ONE (AND IT'S POSSIBLE), BUT ALL OF THE OTHER NON-DISNEY ENTITIES IN THE PARKS WERE ALL INCORPORATED INTO DHS, A PARK ABOUT MOVIES AND ENTERTAINMENT. THE MUPPETS, TWILIGHT ZONE, STAR WARS, AEROSMITH, INDIANA JONES... NONE OF THSE WERE DISNEY'S AND THEY WERE ALL GROUPED TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE. SO WHY GO AND INCLUDE A NON-DISENY PROPERTY INTO A DIFFERENT PARK?
    5. DHS
    DHS WAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, A HALF-DAY PARK.
    6. EPCOT needs TLC
    - Journey into Imagination, I don't recall hearing anything positive about, i didn't enjoy it
    I DON'T KNOW IF THEY EVER CHANGED THE ORIGINAL TRACK, BUT THIS RIDE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TOO LONG FOR ME.
    - Odessey - honestly what doe sit really get used for other than the first aid station/restrooms/babychaning?
    YES, BUT IF IT IS A FIRST AID STATION AND A RESTROOM AND A BABY CHANGING STATION, THEN CLEARLY IT NEEDS TO BE IN AN OVERSIZED BUILDING. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.
    - WoL Pavillion the new season/festival HQs, wasn't Odessey originally supposed to be that?
    PERHAPS. BUT IF WE DID START INCLUDING EVENTS INTO THE EXISTING ODESSEY BUILDING, THEN DISNEY MIGHT HAVE TO REMOVE THE BABY CHANGING OPTION. AND WHO AMONG US REALLY WANTS THAT TO HAPPEN?
    - Energy Pavilion - does it get any repeat traffic? The dinosaur part is cool other than that, it gets skipped by repeat visitors
    HAVEN'T BEEN BACK TO THIS ONE IN LITERALLY DECADES.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The original Journey was much longer than the current version. It was 11 minutes long.

5 minutes shorter than Spaceship Earth.

Current version is 6 minutes long.

I am interested in seeing what they move to after FLE opens... If they do nothing... Then I will admit to WDW being in a neglected state... Until then I am reserving judgement...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

The two locations that need the most attention is Future World and Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The original Journey was much longer than the current version. It was 11 minutes long. 5 minutes shorter than Spaceship Earth. Current version is 6 minutes long.
    That would make this new version about five minutes too long.

The two locations that need the most attention is Future World and Tomorrowland.
    Here's their chance to throw an overlay onto the Speedway and incorporate it into Fantasyland somehow. The world of tomorrow should not have lawnmower engine racing cars.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Agreed.

The fact that the raceway is still there to begin with nearly constitues neglect.

that there is true... it has never mad sense since day one... actually the speedway doesnt really fit into any part of the resort at all... oh well Bob Gurr... at least you still have AA's and the Monorail in some incarnation... i would like to see something done in Future World... that is the area that I think needs the most work... but neglect is an odd term... i agree with UoE and WoL... but think... The Land has had some upgrade in the past 10 years... as has SSE, The Seas, TT (now) and Mission: Space... i think the real issue is this... for about a 10 tear span or so WDI was in a slump... they have made some big time mistakes and as such... WDW has suffered... i mean Stitch...? ouch...! Tiki Room under new management... ouch again...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Agreed. The fact that the raceway is still there to begin with nearly constitues neglect.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    that there is true... it has never mad sense since day one... actually the speedway doesnt really fit into any part of the resort at all... oh well Bob Gurr... at least you still have AA's and the Monorail in some incarnation.
    It really is an ill-placed attraction. The Autopia ride in DL, while equally misplaced, is still a far better attraction than the Speedway. If you want to keep attractions different on each coast, I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing this one go away as a means of extending Fantasyland even more, or maybe even adding something new to Tomorrowland. The trouble is that it would seem the general public would disagree. This lame attraction always has huge lines for some reason.

I know... Your right about the lines... I wonder aloud if they couldnt do something to both the track and ride vehicles to better place it in Tomorrowland...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    5. DHS
    DHS WAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, A HALF-DAY PARK.
    I love DHS but I have to agree it is a half day park and unfortunately that half day has to be the AM if you want any chance of riding TSM. I made the mistake of trying to prove to my family that DHS was a full day park. I still wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares from hearing my wife gripe at me over it. It was bad. TSM is a fantastic ride. But it amazes me that the lines are so crazy with other popualr attractions/rides like Rock 'n Rollercoaster, Star Tours and Tower of Terror.

On our recent trip, the wife and I bypassed TSM because of the line and moved through towards Backlot. Right behind TSM is an unutilized space that has a sign up that reads something an attraction being placed there. Probably nothing.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast