Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW neglected? in the Ask The Experts forums; We have been speculating for years that there might eventually be a Monsters Inc. inspired coaster or attraction in the space near there... Nothing has ever come of it but ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW neglected?

We have been speculating for years that there might eventually be a Monsters Inc. inspired coaster or attraction in the space near there... Nothing has ever come of it but we can continue to hope can't we...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by LTTCMJAKE View Post
    if you realize it or not every ticket is unique and linked to only your finger print so I'm sure if the same ticket gets swiped at the same park the same day they can track it and only count it as 1 guest not multiple.
    Yes and no. I have swapped tickets on EVERY trip and have never once been stopped. I don't know how well they are enforcing this. And I don't think they count it as unique visitors to the park. And it's not from ticket purchases because you can buy admission tickets at any park and use them at any park. I think it's the number of clicks on the turnstiles. Disney knows how many people visit each park each day, and if I visit al four parks in one day, they don't count me the same as if I only visited Epcot all day. I was either in one, two, three, or four parks. They are counting foot traffic, not unique visitors.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I love DHS but I have to agree it is a half day park and unfortunately that half day has to be the AM if you want any chance of riding TSM. I made the mistake of trying to prove to my family that DHS was a full day park. I still wake up in the middle of the night with nightmares from hearing my wife gripe at me over it. It was bad. TSM is a fantastic ride. But it amazes me that the lines are so crazy with other popualr attractions/rides like Rock 'n Rollercoaster, Star Tours and Tower of Terror.

On our recent trip, the wife and I bypassed TSM because of the line and moved through towards Backlot. Right behind TSM is an unutilized space that has a sign up that reads something an attraction being placed there. Probably nothing.
    My usual day at the parks goes: Epcot, MK, AK, DHS. Only one day of my visit, all four parks, every time during my annual visit. Then I'm done with the parks. I've ridden TSM by waiting in the standby line just to check it out. Cute ride, did it, and I usually skip it because the Fast Passes are gone. I have only ridden it once and I don't miss not riding it when I skip it.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

this may be true but i still find it cheaper using all Disney offers in transportation considering gas prices these days plus Disney has an Alamo car rental place right behind the Magic Kingdom Hess Station if you really feel the need to leave Disney...but really why would you lol!
    I was with "why would you" until 2004. We took 2 week family vacations to WDW and frankly with teens 4 nights in Universal and 7 in WDW including water parks seemed to be a good balance. Staying at Portofino gave my family unlimited free FP's onto their attractions that offered FP. One night they did Men in Black many times in a row jumping to the front of the line each time. We enjoyed their water rides too. Normally I don't like being soaked but we wore quick dry and hit all of them and a quick boat ride to hotel changed and back to the parks. At WDW if I rode the Rapids @ AK it would take me forever to get back to my hotel. So we found a good balance between the competing parks.

I too use ME more often than not. I'm not a fan of driving around tourists that are clueless to the area.
    I like being able to enjoy adult beverages in the evening and getting on a bus instead of behind the wheel too. We take a town car from airport to Universal and to WDW and ME back to the airport on family trips.

if you realize it or not every ticket is unique and linked to only your finger print so I'm sure if the same ticket gets swiped at the same park the same day they can track it and only count it as 1 guest not multiple.
    True, it is counted as a re-entry if it the same park. Yet if you hit all four parks in one day on a hopper, each park receives a ding for attendance. I'm am sure that is why the attendance numbers are so high for DHS and AK, two half day parks for many yet the statistics get a little muddled. Because of the hopper DHS and AK are ahead of Islands, yet if it was possible to breakdown those numbers a little better at WDW I believe Islands DHS and AK are likely very close in annual attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The two locations that need the most attention is Future World and Tomorrowland.
    So agree, may I add in Conservation Station at AK and Dinoland's Carnival area, Boneyard, Fossil Dig, and the Primeval Whirl? I for the first time in a decade did Conservation and beat my head the whole time, and Carni land is so out of place along with most of what surrounds it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    TSM is a fantastic ride. But it amazes me that the lines are so crazy with other popular attractions/rides like Rock 'n Rollercoaster, Star Tours and Tower of Terror.

On our recent trip, the wife and I bypassed TSM because of the line and moved through towards Backlot. Right behind TSM is an unutilized space that has a sign up that reads something an attraction being placed there. Probably nothing.
    The TSM is cute but to me it isn't a WOW! or don't miss. It was a stupid design for loading. At least Buzz has a continuous load. TSM is not only slow to load but CM heavy to load. It isn't that the attraction is that popular by guests per day, it is because the guests per hour is so low. I fail to understand how Imagineers could get the loading at a respectable rate at Buzz and then blow it with TSM? The opposite you may forgive but how do you take basically the same exact experience and not get it right the second time?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

Here's their chance to throw an overlay onto the Speedway and incorporate it into Fantasyland somehow. The world of tomorrow should not have lawnmower engine racing cars.
    They should have done it with the FLE. If they were going to duplicate the Under the Sea Dark Ride from Cali into FLE it would have been nice if they did Cars at Indy. My kids enjoyed Indy when tiny but it is antiquated and smelly. Likely one of the worst GREEN attractions. This is another attraction that looks to be popular yet in reality the line backs up because the load time is painfully slow.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Is the footprint of Radiator Springs Racer and the speedway similar?

I agree it makes no sense that they didn't incorporate the speedway into the FLE.

Is the footprint of Radiator Springs Racer and the speedway similar?

I agree it makes no sense that they didn't incorporate the speedway into the FLE.
    Disney has hacked away at Indy's footprint multiple times so even though it does take up a lot of coveted land I'd been willing to sacrifice a few other things in that general area of Indy to squeeze it in. They moved Dumbo, so to make some more room we can even move the Tea Cups. That would have been a good one to plop into Circus kiddie area. Still could, have a perfect cove they created for food carts we can take over. That chunk of the MK isn't hurting for places to dine or snack and they are opening some more up in the FLE, beverage cart, done. I could make room for Cars

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, even if we got an abbreviated version of the DCA ride, it'd still be light years better than what is there right now.

Yeh... But if they are going that route... Replacing Indy... Wouldn't a properly themed attraction to either Fantasyland or (more likely) tommorowland a better idea...? What would Radiator Springs Racers have anything to do with either land...? I would be more adverse to a Wall-E style attraction there... It would be logistically a better placement... Leave Radiator Springs for like DHS...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

The speedway has nothing to do with either land and it's lines out the door since it was built.

I don't care what they put there, if it's a great attraction it's a great attraction.

When you get right down to it, how does the Haunted Mansion fit the theming of Liberty Square? And do we really even care?

i dont think it does but they at least make it seem as though it belongs there... i definitely think a Wall-E attraction fits in Tomorrowland perfectly...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm with you - Wall - E would fit well within the Steam Punked / Pixar themed Tomorrowland. That's not meant to be a criticism of Tomorrowland, even if I do miss the clean, classic look of the original. Seems like a separate thread should be started on Tomorrowland much like the Future World one. At least they didn't wreck the People Mover and do completely crazy things like move the Star Jets like they did in Disneyland.

Wreck the People Mover?

I guess we should thank DL for that. If the Rocket Rods disaster had happened here...*shudder*

Never witnessed it in person, but the videos of it are just astounding.

Lesson learned, thankfully.

When you get right down to it, how does the Haunted Mansion fit the theming of Liberty Square? And do we really even care?
    Yes it does, though I'm not sure we care. The Haunted Mansion fits with the theming of Liberty Square, although it is more in the architecture than the ride itself. The WDW mansion is supposed to be styled after the mansions in NY along the Hudson River. I got married at Samuel Clemen's home, now called Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill. It's a beautiful old mansion overlooking the Hudson, much in the same style of the Haunted Mansion. In Disneyland, the house is less a mansion, and more styled after a large home in New Orleans. I was disappointed with the facade of the mansion there. In Disneyland Paris, the house is not quite rustic, but the ride's second half and tombstones are US western themed, since their mansion is in Frontierland. The Haunted Mansion is in a different land in each theme park, but I've only been to WDW, DL, and DLP so I can't speak on the others. But if not the ride, then at least the show buildings do fit with the theme of their locations, and that includes WDW's.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

[/QUOT/]When you get right down to it, how does the Haunted Mansion fit the theming of Liberty Square? And do we really even care?[/QUOT/]
    I don't care. you can say it's A Haunted Mansion in old time america.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    [/QUOT/]
    I don't care. you can say it's A Haunted Mansion in old time america.
    That is how I always viewed that area too!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast