Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW neglected? in the Ask The Experts forums; OK, let me try to put a cleaner point on what I'm getting at here. If you can't do your homework before you go to the World, then perhaps you ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: WDW neglected?

OK, let me try to put a cleaner point on what I'm getting at here.

If you can't do your homework before you go to the World, then perhaps you could use a refresher course in vacation planning. Yeah, the weather forecast can change daily, but park hours don't. Besides, you should always have a backup plan for the weather anyway. Especially in Florida. Stray thunderstorms can pop up out of the blue.

Funny that I just got back from Chicago, and had no internet access the entire time I was there. BY CHOICE! We went to a few new restaurants while we were there. Did I need Google maps to get us there? Sure, but I mapped out the route before we left home. We went to the Sears Tower for the first time. Since we always stay in the Streeterville area, we were a pretty good haul from the tower. But, I figured out the best route there before we left home, and knew exactly what it was going to run us to get to the skydeck when we got there.

In other words, these complaints about no phone access/digital tv resetting are simply nonsense. Do your homework and leave all that garbage at home (and for god's sake leave your phone at your resort when you go to the parks!!!!!)

One of the, if not THE, greatest thing the parks used to afford us was the chance to completely escape the outside world. Now, the outside has crept in all over the place because of people and their bleepin phones. It hasn't completely ruined the experience, but it has dimished it terribly.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I completely agree. It's ridiculous the tings people complain about today. For hundreds of years people have gotten by without having up to date weather information and full internet access in their pockets. Granted I do take my phone with me into the parks, because it is my camera. I love my twitter and my tumblr account but I completely stay off of them in the parks.

At times I feel like the only thing separating us from the human race in Wall-E is our skeletal structure.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    At times I feel like the only thing separating us from the human race in Wall-E is our skeletal structure.
    That's the most brilliant thing I read all day
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I completely agree. It's ridiculous the tings people complain about today. For hundreds of years people have gotten by without having up to date weather information and full internet access in their pockets. Granted I do take my phone with me into the parks, because it is my camera. I love my twitter and my tumblr account but I completely stay off of them in the parks.

Exactly. Very nicely said.

It's an addiction that is debilitating to many. They have become completely dependent on it. Now, that's not to say I'm not an internet junkie myself, but I have not lost the common sense ability to properly prepare and plan ahead so as not to need internet while on vacation.

I play around on the internet everyday. When I go on vacation, I'm doing so to get away from the everyday.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

for those of you that got hit by the moderation thing, I have approved your posts. I can't figure out why you got hit, but Wall - e was in all of them
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Wow! That was a very bizarre sequence.

Brian, can you please remove my posts #230 and #231, please?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And Splash Mountain continues to deteriorate further........who needs water on the big drop anyways? Without cascading water it looks more like a roller coaster than a flume. The Laughing Place still doesn't have the bouncing water effects. Time to bring her down for a major refurb.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Agreed.

Splash has been in dire need since at least '10 when we were last there.

BTW, isn't the big drop on the Disneyland version water free as well? By design? I thought I heard that from others.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Last year we had "dead" chickens in the finale as well... Unfortunate...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Splash is one of my favorite attractions and it is painful to see what she has become especially since the Laughing Place has been broken for what almost 2 years now? Talk about neglect.

We once were stuck, or trapped on a lengthy breakdown just prior to going back to the resort for our ME back to the airport. We were dead straight in front of those chickens you mentioned. I knew then why Disney didn't allow fire arms in their parks. After about 45 minutes of listening to them knowing we'd have to dash out of the park missing the few attractions we planned on hitting before the ME, I think I could have turned them into "dead" chickens.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

That explains why they were dead when I went...

But your right it is sad the state Splash is in... After FLE I suspect Splash wi do a Big Thunder refurb and close for a few months... The. We will have out. Sliced attraction back in all of its glory...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder

ya FLE completely blew their budget so I think they're cutting back on maintenance by a lot
    JAKE

Nah... Keep in mind they are always making money... They are building Shanghai, finished Carsland, and the FLE all at the same time... I think they can refurb Splash over their "winter"... They did it to Big Thunder and that needed all new tracks and such... It can be done...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Nah... Keep in mind they are always making money... They are building Shanghai, finished Carsland, and the FLE all at the same time... I think they can refurb Splash over their "winter"... They did it to Big Thunder and that needed all new tracks and such... It can be done...
    I believe some issues they have let go to far. Not keeping up with maintenance is one thing, neglect causes deeper issues. CPR is needed right now and with so much neglect to choose from Tomorrowland, Future World, half of DHS along with a few key attractions at the MK. Makes your head spin as where they should start to undo the passiveness of the decade.

I will be surprised if they can just do the traditional Winter Rehab of Splash. There are too many major things wrong with that attraction and it has been over 2 1/2 years now. They did a long Rehab to Space and it is down as much as it is up, similar to Splash. Space could use the double side by side coaster/tracks that Disneyland received, Merry Christmas. Somewhere along the line Disney just needs to rip the coaster out of Space and install a new one plus it is wickedly rough. It isn't as if there is theming inside the darkness to mess up or work around like Thunder.

No, just a completely torn down, and rebuilt superstructure.

What they have there now is what was engineered to fit on the current structure.

Maybe they could get some of the cats from down the road at Universal to show them how to repurpose it. It only took them a couple of years when they did it.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast