Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW neglected? in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by Mo Noyz No, just a completely torn down, and rebuilt superstructure. What they have there now is what was engineered to fit on the current structure. Maybe ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: WDW neglected?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    No, just a completely torn down, and rebuilt superstructure.

What they have there now is what was engineered to fit on the current structure.

Maybe they could get some of the cats from down the road at Universal to show them how to repurpose it. It only took them a couple of years when they did it.

I'm having trouble following. Not sure where you are going with this one. Try again?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Pretty easy to follow, actually.

That is exactly what they'd have to do if they were to change the track in Space.

It wouldn't be a four to six month refurb. It would be a complete destruction and rebuild.

So keep all but the tracks and not design a new coaster to fit within the mountain? Keep the low capacity, slow loading coaster cars too? Interesting.

Agree, when they brought Space down in Cali it was somewhere around a two year process.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

something like that could not be done for at least a year or two now... with FLE just opening, and the rumors swirling at DHS, plus the need over at Splash this would not happen any time soon... plus this attraction went down in '09 for 8-10 months for a refurb... I think if that was going to be done they would have done it then...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So keep all but the tracks and not design a new coaster to fit within the mountain? Keep the low capacity, slow loading coaster cars too? Interesting.

Agree, when they brought Space down in Cali it was somewhere around a two year process.
    They can't keep "all but the tracks".

That's the part you are completely missing.

If you want side by side seating, you're going to have to widen the track, which the current superstructure doesn't have the capacity for.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    something like that could not be done for at least a year or two now... with FLE just opening, and the rumors swirling at DHS, plus the need over at Splash this would not happen any time soon... plus this attraction went down in '09 for 8-10 months for a refurb... I think if that was going to be done they would have done it then...
    Of course it's not going to happen.

Just HG displaying her world class Disney disdain.

Space is still one of the most popular rides on property. They're not going to simply rip it out and put something else there because it's too rough for her.

They can't keep "all but the tracks".

That's the part you are completely missing.

If you want side by side seating, you're going to have to widen the track, which the current superstructure doesn't have the capacity for.
    And my point was to build a whole new coaster to fit into that arena or a new arena, not to keep it. Coasters loading, capacity and reliability have come a long way since her opening.

Yeah, close one of the most popular attractions on property for a couple of years instead of fixing Future World, DHS, adding more E ticket attractions to AK, etc...

Makes perfect sense.

I'm sure it's about 100 spots down on their list of things to do. As it should be.

Of course it's not going to happen.

Just HG displaying her world class Disney disdain.

Space is still one of the most popular rides on property. They're not going to simply rip it out and put something else there because it's too rough for her.
    Wow! Are you really going to trash yet another thread by throwing out hubris comments about members once again?
    We are on a neglect thread, I offered my opinion on what I would do to right the neglect and you label me as disdaining Disney?
    Space Mountain duplicates in other parks operate far more efficiently and are more reliable. You could take her down for two years and retrofit her or start over. Me, I believe starting over is the better solution over the long haul.

It is pitiful that you would over simplify all the problems of Space to they would rip it out because it is too rough for me. Nice twist on manipulating what I stated.

Yeah, close one of the most popular attractions on property for a couple of years instead of fixing Future World, DHS, adding more E ticket attractions to AK, etc...

Makes perfect sense.

I'm sure it's about 100 spots down on their list of things to do. As it should be.
    They did it in 2003 for Disneyland, not as far fetched as you believe.

That's right.

And as we know Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort are virtually the same dynamically.

Hey, what's the difference between closing the Matterhorn and closing Space Mountain?

Well, nothing. As long as you ignore the fact that there are three other parks, all larger than the MK, and in need of help a lot more than the MK.

And let's stay within the bounds of reality here. They didn't shut Space down for 7 months and spend over $12mil refurbing it three years ago to gut it now. That would be absolutely absurd.

And they spent 12 million to make it look visually more appealing all the while it is down constantly. So guests can stand outside Space and say yay what a queue too bad we can't go inside and see it cause the coaster is down. Money well spent?

Next you are going to tell me all the money they spent on the Land to upgrade to Imagination is great because they spent a boat load of money on that too? Just because Disney spends money on rehabs doesn't mean it is always well spent.

The last time they rehab'd Splash they added lap bars and also ignored all the broken elements, but hey we should be happy with that because there are lap bars? I miss Splash operating properly. I miss Space being able to stay up more than a few hours at a time. I find it reasonable to expect Disney to maintain attraction to the point where it is unusual for the attraction to be down for hours at a time, not the norm.

Space and Splash are some of the top E attractions, letting them go further and further into disrepair might be nothing to you, IMO it is a disappointment, to each there own. You will likely enjoy Conservation Station on your visit since they just dumped a boat load of money on it. I don't find Space's reliability as an attraction to be 100th down the line. Actually I've found it to be on most guests top ten list.

At least when Disneyland took down Space for 2 years and spent a boat load of money it was fixed.

mkcoughlan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by prickle View Post
    I don't think WDW is being neglected. Disney know they don't have a problem getting people to central Floriday. Ask a hundred people where they rather go, DW or DL I am sure ninety percent would say DW.
    I did a vote at my school 180 out of 200 said they would rather go to disney world thats a proven fact i agree completely
    “What ever you do, do it well. Do it so well that when people see you do it they will want to come back and see you do it again and they will want to bring others and show them how well you do what you do.”

"We allow no geniuses around our Studio."

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”

"Why be a governor or senator when you can be king of Disneyland?"

-Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

That's right.

And as we know Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort are virtually the same dynamically.

Hey, what's the difference between closing the Matterhorn and closing Space Mountain?
    The one difference is that over at Disneyland, if you shut the Matterhorn, you'd still have Space Mountain. At Disney World, you close Space Mountain and you have Stitch.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Yeah, but we should gut Space and replace it with something else.

No need to bother with Stitch. That's a real crowd pleaser.

And certainly don't bother with that wasteland of race track next to Space.

Hey, Splash is broken in so many ways, they should gut it and build an entirely new attraction if we're using HG logic.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast