Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW neglected? in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by nicholas one thing are Scott as in Otis? Once again, I have no idea what that even means. He was referring to me. My name is Scott. ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: WDW neglected?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    one thing are Scott as in Otis?
    Once again, I have no idea what that even means. He was referring to me. My name is Scott.

Though I do have to admit that the more I hear about Finding Nemo: The Musical, the more I'm becoming interested in checking it out. And I'm no musical fan...

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Once again, I have no idea what that even means. He was referring to me. My name is Scott.

<<snip>>.
    I believe he is referring to Lou's friend Scott Otis
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Though I do have to admit that the more I hear about Finding Nemo: The Musical, the more I'm becoming interested in checking it out. And I'm no musical fan...
    i have GOT to work on that! and yes thats what i mean.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I tried it once and walked out after about seven minutes or so. Being the purist I am, it annoyed me that they added songs to the show that were never part of the film. Pixar is a mixed bag when it comes to music. Toy Story used songs with lyrics throughout the movies, but never sung by characters (just thick-tongued Randy Newman). Monsters, Inc had the main characters break out into song (for whatever reason). Up, Wall-E, Finding Nemo, none of of those used songs with lyrics. Cars used a (horrible) remake of a song, with lyrics, as part of its credits, but not sung by characters. They are all over the place.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Cars also had that Cheryl Crow tune to open the movie. And the rather tepid cover Of Tom Cochrane's Life Is A Highway.

I can see your point, though. Chances are pretty good I wouldn't enjoy it all that much. But, I'd still sit through the whole thing.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

The Better Half and I always enjoy the Finding Nemo Musical. It's well done, great costumes and immersive enough that you stop paying attention to the puppeteers.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Which, again, would be a cosmetic change. Not adding a parade, like they seem to be doing out west.
    A new Walt Disney World souvenir book has apparently spilled the beans on an upcoming change at the Magic Kingdom. A photo of a float from the SpectroMagic parade is accompanied by a caption that reads in part: "(Note: The magic returns after the Main Street Electrical Parade revival ends its run.)" No word on when that changeover will take place yet.

A new book being released reportedly outs a future announcement. It has a picture in it of a float from SpectroMagic Parade and that the captions says Electrical Parade ends it run. So it looks appears the MK won't be receiving a new parade, just a recycled one once again.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Truly the way of 'the World'.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I'm late to this discussion (as is normal lately) but keep some things in mind when thinking about the DCA expansion and WDW being "neglected"...

1. There are only 2 parks in CA... So there is a more pressing issue when DCA turned out to be a dud... AK is quesionably a dud but it has 3 other gates surrounding it... Not pressing...
    2. The FLE... People we need to realize... Disney is actually doing the right thing for the tourists and themselves... How would you feel if MK, MGM, Epcot, and AK had expansions or major refurbishments going on at once...? Either not go or complain... They are trying to still make money by not vein completely instrusive to the guests

3. Avatar in AK... Test Track refurb in Epcot... FLE in MK... Star Tours being a year old in MGM... Each park either has or will have something done...

Let's just relax on the "neglected" thoughts... We are all just angry that Carsland didn't come to WDW... That's he real issue... And that some of the returns weren't top notch in many peoples opinion...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Hear, hear!!

Perfectly stated, JNota.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Hear, hear

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    3. Avatar in AK... Test Track refurb in Epcot... FLE in MK... Star Tours being a year old in MGM... Each park either has or will have something done...

Let's just relax on the "neglected" thoughts... We are all just angry that Carsland didn't come to WDW... That's he real issue... And that some of the returns weren't top notch in many peoples opinion...
    I'd gladly trade AvatarLand for Cars Land, even if they brought along an annoying copy of Mater.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I'd gladly trade AvatarLand for Cars Land, even if they brought along an annoying copy of Mater.
    I would trade Avatar Land for another nature walk in AK.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I'm late to this discussion (as is normal lately) but keep some things in mind when thinking about the DCA expansion and WDW being "neglected"...

1. There are only 2 parks in CA... So there is a more pressing issue when DCA turned out to be a dud... AK is quesionably a dud but it has 3 other gates surrounding it... Not pressing...
    2. The FLE... People we need to realize... Disney is actually doing the right thing for the tourists and themselves... How would you feel if MK, MGM, Epcot, and AK had expansions or major refurbishments going on at once...? Either not go or complain... They are trying to still make money by not vein completely instrusive to the guests

Relax on the "neglected thoughts?" Actually I thought this was a good example of respectful debate of a thought on this thread.

Avatar may or may not come to AK. AK does not have a great track record in opening the areas they have planned so it is difficult to place that into the mix that many years out. WDW is, was, may get a Wharf in Pleasure Island too. So far bulldozed buildings, oh yeppie. FLE will be a nice addition mainly in the long haul to little children and people who are really into the princesses. Seeing Circus it is beautiful but not a draw in the long run for adults or teens. Coaster enthusiasts that follow designs of coasters are comparing Dwarf as a middle ground between Goofy and Thunder but much shorter than Thunder and not a thrill coaster.

Fixing Test Track does not in my book check and balance an addition as Cars in Cali nor does updating the the film in Star Tours, it is a new dress on the same old mannequin.

Recycling the same ole parades every few years to me isn't anything new either. It is like re-releasing a movie and saying it is now 3-D, or Blue Ray, it is still the same movie.

As much as I was impressed, more impressed than I've ever been, with the Haunted Mansion refurb., ultimately, it is still the Haunted Mansion.

My guess is when all the dust settles after FLE opens and every blog has been written, Cars will be the better expansion and cover a wider demographic of guests.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Well, I'll tell you what. Look up the WDW resort area, and then look up the DL resort area.

Tell me if you notice any differences between the two.

And as far as the rather dopey Avatar comments above are concerned, why don't we wait to see at least some concept art before we deem it a failure?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast