Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 270
Like Tree2Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW neglected? in the Ask The Experts forums; Had one bad experience at Fulton's and haven't gone back since....
  1. #91
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Had one bad experience at Fulton's and haven't gone back since.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  2. #92
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: WDW neglected?

    I grew up on the southwest coast of Florida, so I'm outrageously picky when it comes to seafood. The Crab House simply does not pass...

  3. #93
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Relax on the "neglected thoughts?" Actually I thought this was a good example of respectful debate of a thought on this thread.

    Avatar may or may not come to AK. AK does not have a great track record in opening the areas they have planned so it is difficult to place that into the mix that many years out. WDW is, was, may get a Wharf in Pleasure Island too. So far bulldozed buildings, oh yeppie. FLE will be a nice addition mainly in the long haul to little children and people who are really into the princesses. Seeing Circus it is beautiful but not a draw in the long run for adults or teens. Coaster enthusiasts that follow designs of coasters are comparing Dwarf as a middle ground between Goofy and Thunder but much shorter than Thunder and not a thrill coaster.

    Fixing Test Track does not in my book check and balance an addition as Cars in Cali nor does updating the the film in Star Tours, it is a new dress on the same old mannequin.

    Recycling the same ole parades every few years to me isn't anything new either. It is like re-releasing a movie and saying it is now 3-D, or Blue Ray, it is still the same movie.

    As much as I was impressed, more impressed than I've ever been, with the Haunted Mansion refurb., ultimately, it is still the Haunted Mansion.

    My guess is when all the dust settles after FLE opens and every blog has been written, Cars will be the better expansion and cover a wider demographic of guests.
    I understand your opinion... And in some cases you very well might be right... But keep something in mind... Disney is in the business of making money... They realized a need in CA... And also if they continually make "copies" of lanes and attractions people will never venture to the other properties... Disney wants their fans to visit both coasts... It will cause us to spend more... Like myself... I'll make the trip to CA once maybe just to go... And I'll spend more than I'd ever spend at WDW because I'll have never been... I agree we might be more impressed with Carsland and such... But there wouldnt be a Radiator Springs Racers without TT... Let's just wait and see with the WDW construction and openings...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  4. #94
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: WDW neglected?

    That's really the greater point in all of this, JNota.

    Those parks needed the things they received. Especially DCA.

    That was what I was getting at with my Walmart/convenience store analogy that obviously went over some heads.

  5. #95
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,303

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I understand your opinion... And in some cases you very well might be right... But keep something in mind... Disney is in the business of making money... They realized a need in CA... And also if they continually make "copies" of lanes and attractions people will never venture to the other properties... Disney wants their fans to visit both coasts... It will cause us to spend more... Like myself... I'll make the trip to CA once maybe just to go... And I'll spend more than I'd ever spend at WDW because I'll have never been... I agree we might be more impressed with Carsland and such... But there wouldnt be a Radiator Springs Racers without TT... Let's just wait and see with the WDW construction and openings...
    Actually Disney is just fine with their super loyal WDW fans. DVC is the powerhouse of profit for WDW. It keeps bringing the same fans back over and over. The very reason they keep building more. A good chunk of DVC remembers continue to buy additional points to new DVC. The West coast folks already got their Under the Sea's and now Cars. Disney will continue to pump money into those parks and at WDW the greatest growth and money spend will be in DVC because that is where they can get guests to plunk down the most money. And then the vast majority of those same guests will spend more and more money at Disney Parks and venues. Even if those guests go to Paris or CA with those points, they still have them hemmed into a long term commitment to plunk down money. So you will continue to see WDW receiving far more DVC expansions than anything else.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  6. #96
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: WDW neglected?

    HG, I have a question for you.

    Which would you prefer to spend more time at?:

    1. WDW

    2. DL

  7. #97
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,386

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Actually Disney is just fine with their super loyal WDW fans. DVC is the powerhouse of profit for WDW. It keeps bringing the same fans back over and over. The very reason they keep building more. A good chunk of DVC remembers continue to buy additional points to new DVC. The West coast folks already got their Under the Sea's and now Cars. Disney will continue to pump money into those parks and at WDW the greatest growth and money spend will be in DVC because that is where they can get guests to plunk down the most money. And then the vast majority of those same guests will spend more and more money at Disney Parks and venues. Even if those guests go to Paris or CA with those points, they still have them hemmed into a long term commitment to plunk down money. So you will continue to see WDW receiving far more DVC expansions than anything else.
    With that said, I think it's a pretty well-accepted fact that Disneyland is more for locals and Disney World is more for vacationers. So while people make their first or second or hundreth trip to Florida, California is more for the repeat visitors who are within an hour's drive of the park. Sort of CA's Six Flags. So they NEED to continually step things up to get those people to keep coming back to the parks. WDW could forego an update for a decade and people will still visit on vacation no matter what.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  8. #98
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,303

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    With that said, I think it's a pretty well-accepted fact that Disneyland is more for locals and Disney World is more for vacationers. So while people make their first or second or hundreth trip to Florida, California is more for the repeat visitors who are within an hour's drive of the park. Sort of CA's Six Flags. So they NEED to continually step things up to get those people to keep coming back to the parks. WDW could forego an update for a decade and people will still visit on vacation no matter what.
    I agree with most of that. Cali is just a different animal and I don't see diddly commercials or advertisements to draw us in the Midwest to visit Disneyland, everything is WDW. Cali is much like Tokyo, annual pass guests that are there over and over. Saw that by the 24 hour Leap and the vast difference in who came out for that day/night and the volume difference between FL and CA that day. Now needing to update Cali or Tokyo for that reason, Disney could never keep up cause those guests are always there. A different mindset. Those guests seem to visit their Disney parks as often as I take my Pup to the dog park.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  9. #99
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,303

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    HG, I have a question for you.

    Which would you prefer to spend more time at?:

    1. WDW

    2. DL
    Me thinking: I must be crazy. And you know why, as my fingers are typing my mind is screaming at my fingers ''Don't do it, I meant it, you'll regret it!'' but does my fingers listen to my mind......

    If we wipe out the crazy rediculous airfairs to California? I'd likely alternate. Airfare is the main reason we have not visited DL more often. That is a boatload of extra money for a family vacation. What you have to realize is DL was my park for many years, we had family in California. I spent so much time in Cali so I hold that fondness. Just some of the attraction facades are so charming. There is something about Disneyland that I hold near and dear. Likely why I chose DL for my Honeymoon over WDW.

    Now go back ten/fifteen years ago and I would have hands down said WDW to your question. Actually after AK was built, I have not seen WDW advance like it had. There was always another park in the works, a water park, a Pleasure Island. Since AK, it was like WDW had pixie dust tossed on it and done it was. In the last ten years I have found another in the Universal Parks. They are now doing what Disney once had. I find when I add several days at those parks in conjunction with WDW it brings back that excitement that I had when my children were young and Disney was always adding and creating new experiences and magic at WDW. So while I still love WDW, a Universal Parks supplement is for me. I can easily trim a day off of Epcot and and do a quick visit to AK and make room for Universal Parks. 15 years ago I'd never would have believed I could cut that much time out of Epcot. AK never a full day for me anyhow.

    So I'd say C. A combo of WDW/Universal FL Parks would trump Disney CA. Otherwise (minus the airfare) I'd alternate.

    And now: I hope my mind isn't right and isn't mad at my fingers for not listening to my mind, cause my fingers do not like my mind rubbing my nose in my fingers.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 07-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  10. #100
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Gabe... To your point about the DVC... You are 100% correct... DVC is the driving force behind WDW... That's why they are building a wing at GF that's why BLT exists... So if all that is true... And Disney is adding a huge expansion to MK... Why would they think to invest in a Carsland in WDW when their parks are already #1,6,7, and 8 worldwide already... (and #1,3,4 and 5 in North America)? If these figures are in fact true(I hope so they were from Internet source) then WDW can not be neglected that much because if it was they're attendance would put them behind other parks... I know attendance is down... But that's everywhere... MK still averages over a million more visitors than DL, which as Mike points out is a local park that has return visitors daily... Look at where DCA falls on this list... #11 worldwide and #6 in North America... Almost 3 million visitors below AK... That's a huge ouch considering it's roughly 11 million behind the park that's a stones throw away... DCA needed this more than anything to make it relevant... We cannot say there was more of a need than that in WDW... We all wanted it but we are getting a huge expansion soon and maybe another in AK on the way... I think Cali can have this one... Even if it makes us all a bit jealous...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  11. #101
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Exactly, exactly, and exactly.

  12. #102
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,303

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Gabe... To your point about the DVC... You are 100% correct... DVC is the driving force behind WDW... That's why they are building a wing at GF that's why BLT exists... So if all that is true... And Disney is adding a huge expansion to MK... Why would they think to invest in a Carsland in WDW when their parks are already #1,6,7, and 8 worldwide already... (and #1,3,4 and 5 in North America)? If these figures are in fact true(I hope so they were from Internet source) then WDW can not be neglected that much because if it was they're attendance would put them behind other parks... I know attendance is down... But that's everywhere... MK still averages over a million more visitors than DL, which as Mike points out is a local park that has return visitors daily... Look at where DCA falls on this list... #11 worldwide and #6 in North America... Almost 3 million visitors below AK... That's a huge ouch considering it's roughly 11 million behind the park that's a stones throw away... DCA needed this more than anything to make it relevant... We cannot say there was more of a need than that in WDW... We all wanted it but we are getting a huge expansion soon and maybe another in AK on the way... I think Cali can have this one... Even if it makes us all a bit jealous...
    See, I don't view it as being jealous. I view it as never letting a park become neglected as far as upgrades. DCA and AK are close in age yet are very different so far in what is actually in each park. Yes AK does receive more visitors that DCA, even more than DSH this year, likely because it has only really seen TS as an addition to the park.

    FLE in my opinion was not a response to what DCA was getting, more a response to what Islands was doing with Harry. Going back to the original concept art that was slapped together pretty quickly, all that was really added was the Mermaid Dark Ride that had already been imagineered for the West Coast, shops, eateries and meet and greets. Only because there was out cry was the concept reworked. The entire Circus area is yes on new ground but truly a duplicate of what was already offered and demolished. Goofy, a splash area, Dumbo and a train station. The 2nd Dumbo is added, but again not wanting to step on Dumbo fans, not really a new cutting edge attraction. Because fans demanded more the plans were halted and the coaster was added. I do hold hope for that even if it is between the level of Goofy and BTM. Ultimately for a half billion a medium coaster and the dark ride and lost an attraction.I had more respect for previous imagineers when they ripped out Toad and replaced it with a more popular yet similar attraction in Pooh. The MK was not hurting for good restaurants or shops, for that matter meet and greets.

    WDW is a different animal than any of the other Disney Parks Resorts. It commands far more interest in tourism not only in the US but Worldwide. To stay competitive in decades to come with other competing parks they will have to invest better than they have in the WDW parks in the last 15 years. Epcot's attendance has slipped and make overs to SSE, Seas isn't going to draw those guests back. Changing the costumes in the World Showcase is not going to peak worldwide interest either.

    As far as the numbers go, take the capacity and multiply by 365 days and compare to the attendance figures for the MK, no matter how guests come and go in a given month, annually it runs at 50%. So days like today, it will either hit capacity or close and in other months you will be able to walk onto the vast majority of attractions. I was in the world in mid-April and there was only a couple E attractions that had wait times more than a few minutes and I was able on 2 weeks notice able to get into all but LeCeiller. Attendance was a very pleasant and surprisingly it wasn't an adult crowd, plenty of children with their families.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  13. #103
    LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    31

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    When it comes to Rainforest, you're being kind with "over the last decade." Atmosphere aside, I honestly cannot recall ever having a decent meal there.
    well its not run by Disney so the food dosent have to meet Disney standards plus its a waste of restaurant because it closes so early with the park most people want to sit down at dinner later in the night.. They're DTD store was a much better idea

  14. #104
    LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    31

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I agree with most of that. Cali is just a different animal and I don't see diddly commercials or advertisements to draw us in the Midwest to visit Disneyland, everything is WDW. Cali is much like Tokyo, annual pass guests that are there over and over. Saw that by the 24 hour Leap and the vast difference in who came out for that day/night and the volume difference between FL and CA that day. Now needing to update Cali or Tokyo for that reason, Disney could never keep up cause those guests are always there. A different mindset. Those guests seem to visit their Disney parks as often as I take my Pup to the dog park.
    thats not true commercials on the east coast show wdw but commercials on the west coast show dl depending on what park is closer but the commercials are literally identical but the just change a word or two to make it fit the respected resort

  15. #105
    LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    31

    Re: WDW neglected?

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Me thinking: I must be crazy. And you know why, as my fingers are typing my mind is screaming at my fingers ''Don't do it, I meant it, you'll regret it!'' but does my fingers listen to my mind......

    If we wipe out the crazy rediculous airfairs to California? I'd likely alternate. Airfare is the main reason we have not visited DL more often. That is a boatload of extra money for a family vacation. What you have to realize is DL was my park for many years, we had family in California. I spent so much time in Cali so I hold that fondness. Just some of the attraction facades are so charming. There is something about Disneyland that I hold near and dear. Likely why I chose DL for my Honeymoon over WDW.

    Now go back ten/fifteen years ago and I would have hands down said WDW to your question. Actually after AK was built, I have not seen WDW advance like it had. There was always another park in the works, a water park, a Pleasure Island. Since AK, it was like WDW had pixie dust tossed on it and done it was. In the last ten years I have found another in the Universal Parks. They are now doing what Disney once had. I find when I add several days at those parks in conjunction with WDW it brings back that excitement that I had when my children were young and Disney was always adding and creating new experiences and magic at WDW. So while I still love WDW, a Universal Parks supplement is for me. I can easily trim a day off of Epcot and and do a quick visit to AK and make room for Universal Parks. 15 years ago I'd never would have believed I could cut that much time out of Epcot. AK never a full day for me anyhow.

    So I'd say C. A combo of WDW/Universal FL Parks would trump Disney CA. Otherwise (minus the airfare) I'd alternate.

    And now: I hope my mind isn't right and isn't mad at my fingers for not listening to my mind, cause my fingers do not like my mind rubbing my nose in my fingers.

    I agree Universal is making way bigger moves than WDW is recently

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •