Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Was it an Egg, Motorcycle, or what? in the Ask The Experts forums; To Whom It May Concern: I definitelty need your help with this, if at all possible. I seem to remember a certain golden, egg-shaped 3-wheeled concept vehicle being on display ...
    msr4iam is offline A-Ticket holder

Was it an Egg, Motorcycle, or what?

To Whom It May Concern:

I definitelty need your help with this, if at all possible. I seem to
    remember a certain golden, egg-shaped 3-wheeled concept vehicle being on display in what I think was Epcot Center's Innovations: The Road to Tomorrow Palivian during the parks infantcy. (And, No. I didn't see any goose. LOL)

There was an actual life-sized vehicle on display, and a video that was also being shown on a screen behind the display. As I remember, this vehicle was gas driven and had wheels; two in the rear to drive the vehicle, and a single wheel in front for steering. The vehicle also pivoted while turning allowing it to lean into the turn for stability. It sat lower than a motorcycle, yet had an egg-shaped cabin, or ****pit, and large clear canopy to keep it's two occupants dry. Also, it had a large single windshield wiper for use in inclimate weather.

I'd like to find out as much information on this concept vehicle as possible as far
    as; the company that made it, where the vehicle & video might be at this point in time, was there more than one of these vehicles produced, and might it, or they, be available for purchase. If you can remember anything about this vehicle, please feel free to email me at
    msr4iam@msn.com.

Thank you,

Mark S. Reinert
    Last edited by msr4iam; 06-27-2005 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo error

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    This the 1963 Shopper's Runabout. Is this what you are looking for?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It had a roosterpit, huh?
    They call me "Nana"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by msr4iam
    To Whom It May Concern:

I definitelty need your help with this, if at all possible. I seem to
    remember a certain golden, egg-shaped 3-wheeled concept vehicle being on display in what I think was Epcot Center's Innovations: The Road to Tomorrow Palivian during the parks infantcy. (And, No. I didn't see any goose. LOL)

There was an actual life-sized vehicle on display, and a video that was also being shown on a screen behind the display. As I remember, this vehicle was gas driven and had wheels; two in the rear to drive the vehicle, and a single wheel in front for steering. The vehicle also pivoted while turning allowing it to lean into the turn for stability. It sat lower than a motorcycle, yet had an egg-shaped cabin, or ****pit, and large clear canopy to keep it's two occupants dry. Also, it had a large single windshield wiper for use in inclimate weather.

I'd like to find out as much information on this concept vehicle as possible as far
    as; the company that made it, where the vehicle & video might be at this point in time, was there more than one of these vehicles produced, and might it, or they, be available for purchase. If you can remember anything about this vehicle, please feel free to email me at
    msr4iam@msn.com.

Thank you,

Mark S. Reinert
    How about this one:

The GM Lean Machine was developed by Frank Winchell of General Motors (USA) in the early 1980's as a concept car. The single seater vehicle is a "lean" machine in the true sense of the word as it leans into corners like a motorcycle whilst keeping the stability of a normal car. The original model was powered by a 15 hp 2-cylinder engine that produced a maximum speed of 80 mph with a fuel economy of 80 mpg at 40 mph. Shortly afterwards a second model was produced that was powered by a larger 38 hp engine. With a total body weight of 159kg this gave the vehicle outstanding performance and the Lean Machine was able to reach 60 mph in just 6.8 seconds with a fuel economy of over 200 mpg.

For the futuristic 1993 movie "Demolition Man" starring Sylvestor Stalone and Wesley Snipes the GM Lean Machine was one of seventeen concept cars produced by General Motors to be featured in the film with an insurance value of $69 million.

Another 3-wheeled concept car by GM is the "Runabout". The vehicle had a front wheel that could turn 180 degress to allow parking in the tightest of spots and the rear end of the car contained two detachable shopping trolleys with wheels that would fold away when the trolley was parked in the vehicle.

Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 06-27-2005 at 02:42 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow...with one of those I could afford to drive to disney every day! throw in an XM and I am good to go.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    If it was the GM concept car, it was probably on display at the exit of World of Motion.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I think he's looking for the GM lean machine (above). I've seen it on Discovery or something to where it's still around and if I'm not mistaken, being used amongst big city transits.. never seen one though.

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Both of those look awesome...The GM Machine would be my choice and would be fun to drive as well.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Some GM vehicles are on Display at Innoventions as well. Just don't remember which ones were there then.