Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Club 33 telephone? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello! I'm a longtime fan of all things Disney, but a first time poster to these forums. I am hoping one or more of you can help me with something. ...
    Tcesareo is offline A-Ticket holder

Club 33 telephone?

Hello! I'm a longtime fan of all things Disney, but a first time poster to these forums. I am hoping one or more of you can help me with something. My wife bought the phone in the attached photo at an antique shop this past weekend. When she showed it to me, I saw that it had the Club 33 logo on it. Does anyone know how I can find out more about this phone? (if it was actually in Club 33, if so when,etc). It's an older phone with the 4 prong plug. I haven't tried it yet to see if it works, but even if it doesn't it will be a nice addition to our Disney themed office!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Club 33 telephone?

Wow I can't say. but how can it go from Club 33 to an antique shop. the only way that can happen is if someone stole it and thats not good. oh and welcome to the forums!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tcesareo View Post
    Hello! I'm a longtime fan of all things Disney, but a first time poster to these forums. I am hoping one or more of you can help me with something. My wife bought the phone in the attached photo at an antique shop this past weekend. When she showed it to me, I saw that it had the Club 33 logo on it. Does anyone know how I can find out more about this phone? (if it was actually in Club 33, if so when,etc). It's an older phone with the 4 prong plug. I haven't tried it yet to see if it works, but even if it doesn't it will be a nice addition to our Disney themed office!
    It looks like one of the phones brought to your table if you had a phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Wow I can't say. but how can it go from Club 33 to an antique shop. the only way that can happen is if someone stole it and thats not good. oh and welcome to the forums!
    Disney replaces old stuff all the time with newer stuff, I imagine this is how it was obtained.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    It looks like one of the phones brought to your table if you had a phone call.

Disney replaces old stuff all the time with newer stuff, I imagine this is how it was obtained.
    oh okay but why would it end up in A antique shop?

I'd love to know the whole journey this phone took but we will probably never know. Because of the old style plug and the fact that it is in rough shape makes me wonder if it was there when the club opened in 1967 (does anyone know if that logo was in use then?) My assumption is at some point the phones were updated and this phone was either given or thrown away. The seller's tag only said "antique French style brass phone" so I don't know if they even knew of the connection to Disney (the person that owned it was not in the shop when I bought it). I think it's an interesting find even knowing so little about it, but it would be great to find out more.

norman is offline A-Ticket holder

Items like this can very easily get on to the market, whenever Disney does a remodel of hotel, ride, anything disney there are company's that buy this stuff and sell it at their business or on Ebay. There is a big warehouse in Orlando that does nothing but sell this from Disney. So something like this phone is not unheard of

Update - I got in contact with a a former castmember that worked at Club 33. He told me this was the phone that the lead (maitre d) would use. The downstairs hostess would call the lead when guests arrived to find out when they could be sent up for seating. My dream now is to find a photo of this phone in the Club. I've looked at a lot of photos online but no luck yet. If anyone comes across a photo that matches this phone please let me know. I'd love to display it next to the phone!

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

This is off the hook! Yes, pun intended...!

To have a phone from Club 33?!?!?! WOW!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Disney often sells surplus items, furniture, etc. through various channels - some go to CMs, some go through a clearing house to the public, etc.

Often times these things don't have a lot of value when they are replaced - it's only much later when they acquire value.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news